Question Transferring domain name out of namecheap

On average how long does it take to transfer a domain name out of namecheap. I have two more to move away from them. The last name I transferred took 5 days but it seems long. Am I being impatient? Is it like this for all registrars or just them? I asked them previously and I got back a typical namecheap brain dead response(which is how I describe their support) so I guess I ask the pros.

5 days is just about the "longest average time". In reality, domain
    registrar transfers aren't immediate, anywhere from 1-2 days to
    even 7 days.

Just remember that 4 parties are involved in a registrar transfer:
    the current registrar, the losing one, the registry, and the transfer
    contact (registrant or admin contact). Each party will reply on its
    own "good time", but each will surely respond ASAP.

so 5 days is OK you say

Originally posted by hamiltonjo
    so 5 days is OK you say
    For me that's fine. That's actually how long it took to transfer my
    domain from Go Daddy to Domainsite 2 years ago.

Originally posted by hamiltonjo
    so 5 days is OK you say
    Yes and I believe that's based on ICANN Transfer Policy .

is there any reason why you want to transfer out of namecheap? i just sign up with them. i'll like to know the reason.

JT, I have registered 1 domain with them but didnt renew and never faced any issue in 2004. Never tried them after that.

One of my friend had 10-12 domains with them and he had issues with support and services so he transfered most of the domains away from them to his eNom account.

Few days back he told me that his last 2-3 domain transfer request got rejected by namecheap and they are not even responding to his mails.

Dont really know what the issue is!
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Angry

Originally posted by jt2377
    is there any reason why you want to transfer out of namecheap? i just sign up with them. i'll like to know the reason.
    Support is not good at all. on many case I have sent emails to their support only to be told I never got them(sometimes they get it sometime no). When I send to godaddy they always get my emails, namecheap does not. When namecheap does get the email they respond to me it is like a monkey write back. What is funny I almost always get same people each time I write which makes me think a single monkey runs the show.

I only have a few more to go so as long as the names move away I will be happy. If not I will be writing a namecheap sucks post soon

Hello HamiltonJo,

First off, let me apologize to you personally if you have experienced any issues with our company or our support team.

I am the owner of NameCheap.com and when I see posts like yours I am truly concerned. I stress the importance of customer support to ALL of our support team. I would like to know the details of who helped you and when this issue happened so I can look into this further. If I can ask you the favor of getting back to me with a pm here I would certainly appreciate it. In return for your time we will offer you a free registration or re-newal with our company(you can always transfer it later if you are still not happy with us). We are growing by leaps and bounds and I want to make sure that what happens with some of the other larger registrars and their support does not happen to ours.

If anyone else here EVER has any issues at all with any of our services or our support, please feel free to PM here. I always want to hear any criticism regarding our company so I can personally make sure to it that it doesn't happen again. If anyone needs my personal email address, please PM me and I will get back to you with it so you can contact me any time.

CS, please also have your friend contact me if he has not heard back from anyone.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

Thumbs down

richard

thank you for offer but not needed. Like I said my experience is not one or two times but almost always with namecheap. I like you come here to help but I think you come out of shame not real concern. As long as my names leave without problem you will not hear from me again, if not you will hear from me.

HamiltonJo,

I can only correct what I am aware of. If you are not willing to help there is only so much I can do. I do not know your username or what your exact issue was so I cannot even look this up on my own.

I can assure, your situation is not the norm with our company nor am I ashamed of the way our company operates. If you check at http://www.namepros.com/registerindex.php? you will see we are consistantly rated higher in most categories than any other registrar out there. You can also google our company name "NameCheap" and you will find thousands of reviews of our company with 99% of them being positive.

I personally do my best to insure that issues like this do not arise but I will admit, it can not all be avoided. It is impossible to keep a 100% approval rating but you better believe I will do my darndest to try and accomplish it.

Regarding your transfer, it is an entirely automated process and as others in this thread have pointed out it, it is a pretty standard procedure. Just make sure your domain is not expired, not locked, under 60 days old and you should not encounter any problems.

If you do have any issues or questions please let me know and I will be here to help you sort them out.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

Richard,

I have notified my friend and he might open an account on WHT to get some help from you.
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

why not open an account at namecheap helpdesk and get help from support
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I doubt he will get the reply from namecheap support

heh well namecheap isn't a registrar its eNom to has to approve/deny the request

so if he has access he can unlock the domain and let enom do the magic after he request the transfer out

but i doubt namecheap will do this, they are reputable company and all clients should be treated equally even if they wanted to leave he has the right todo so and to be served as customer till the last minute
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi