* Hurricane Wilma - Data Center in Miami - Equivity Servers Down

Just heard from a friend of a friend that Data Center in Miami has all servers down and backup UPS generators have failed causing all sites and emails down (they use equivity hosting and have had problems with downtime before)... what should one do in a situation like this? wait til the storm has passed and hope for the best or move on to another host provider ? Not good knowing the back up generators don't work. equivity posted a news thread here but i think you have to be a member to read it. http://www.equivity.com/bb/index.php?showtopic=393

Thread moved to Providers and Network Outages and Updates.

Looks as if they are not alone down there.

http://www.verio.com/support/files/networkstatus.cfm

We have servers in 3 Miami datacenters that are all up, any idea what datacenter this is? NAP, Switch and Data, and FiberMedia in Miami are all up and running.

Originally posted by JodoHost(Stephen)
    any idea what datacenter this is?
    Hi Stephen,

Reseller-Center already provided a link: it is Verio data center, at Boca Raton, Florida, where Bocacom.net has their servers too.

That data center is where Verio host a large portion of their shared hosting customers, so I can asure you there are many web sites down...

OK, But the OP said Miami, so I was curious if one here was down, I knew about the one in Boca, Miami and Boca are some ways apart, but I realize not everyone knows.

Originally posted by JodoHost(Stephen)
    OK, But the OP said Miami, so I was curious if one here was down, I knew about the one in Boca, Miami and Boca are some ways apart, but I realize not everyone knows.
    I'm not aware of any outage for a DC in Miami area either, so I'm *almost* sure the provider OP is referring to is the same we're talking about.