Snakebite at school may cost teen's arm

Boy caught copperhead, brought it to school in shoebox

POTTSTOWN, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A 14-year-old girl may lose her arm after being bitten by a poisonous copperhead snake at school, authorities said.

The snake was caught in Valley Forge by a 17-year-old male student, who took it in a shoebox to a drama club gathering at St. Pius X High School on Friday, Lower Pottsgrove Police Chief Ray Bechtel said.

No regular classes were held that day, which was designated for staff development.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/23/sch....ap/index.html

Now who brings a snake to school ????
    My network of web sites:
    xBox-Talk.com - Balando.com - NewRoomTalk.com
    HumorHour.com - Ordigno.com - Playword.info

obviously he did :p but atleast he didnt do it in a malicious way, its definately a lesson hard learned but hopefully he's not stupid enough to do a repeat of that.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

i'm sure there's a joke somewhere in there.

Unfortunately, the story is real as I reside in the area. This has been the third inappropriate event that has happened at the school in the past two school years

Re: Snakebite at school may cost teen's arm

Originally posted by HakonHoy

Now who brings a snake to school ????
    Whats wrong with bringing a snake to school? The real problem is the kid who doesen't know what he's bringing in (I'd wager he didn't know it was poisonous when he caught it). Aside from that, theres nothing wrong with having snakes as pets, or snakes in general.

If the other kids can bring in their cats/dogs, there shouldn't be anything against kids bringing in their fish, snakes, lizards, etc. unless they pose a reasonable risk to the public safety (which in this case, it obviously did).

Who brings a snake to school anyway? Let's hope the girl is ok

Lawsuit against the school in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2..

Lemme get this straight:

HE brought the snake to school?

SHE got bit and may lose her arm??

Doesnt seem fair to me (What kind of an idiot brings a snake 2 a skewl)

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Originally posted by phpcoder
    Unfortunately, the story is real as I reside in the area. This has been the third inappropriate event that has happened at the school in the past two school years
    There's some funny town names near your area, I usually travel it about once a month down to Lancaster area (awesome fishy store down there).

The area's getting famous for stupid acts of teenagers, me personally I'm waiting for some of the neighborhood ones to run somebody over, I guess stop signs don't mean much anymore... God am I old