Thumbs down Exovian Negative

All I have to say is...terrible.
    I asked for a refund about a couple weeks into my plan and cancelled my services with them. Instead, they send me a bill for $19.95 and request money or my account be suspended. Of course I never paid and all the tickets I've submitted about the cancellation and refund were never answered and can't be found. I think it may have been a month since I've heard anything from them. They said October 11th, it's the 23rd.

So ExovianBen, refund my money like now?
    I'll call the authorities as well.
    Blablabla, you know the deal.

Just replied to the ticket within 10 minutes of it getting submitted. We apologize for the delay as during our helpdesk upgrade we had a few tickets get marked closed when they should have been open. If you can reply to the ticket with the correct information we will have your refund on it's way within the next few minutes.

During your stay at Exovian how was the uptime / hosting? It seems all of the negative feedback about billing which will be stopped now, we never hear back about the server response, technical support response, and uptime.

We're sorry things did not work out and we hope to do business with you in the future.

Thank you

It was bad, I wanted to cancel 3 days after I signed up because you guys wouldn't register the domain for me. Aside from that, it gets even worse because nowhere on the site you mention a 3 month contract with that free domain and a $9.99 deductable if I cancel.
    http://support.exovian.com/index.php...kbarticleid=36
    Hmm...
    Anyway, thanks for half my refund.

Why did you cancel your service with them in the first place? Were you unhappy or you simply did not want to be hosted anymore?

What was the $19.95 bill for?

Well, got that $9.95 thing situated out.
    But, I heard mad bad reviews about exovian and since they offered a reseller package that no one else had, I decided to give them a go. It wasn't just the domain name that hadn't been registered until 3 days later, it was the nice long delay of the support and the amount of time it even took to setup the account. I didn't want the hosting anymore so I asked for a refund.

I have no idea what you mean about the account taking forever to be setup. It's automatically done, and usually within 20 minutes. If you didn't get the e-mail, it's almost always on the user's end. As for the tickets, we just upgraded and made changes to our helpdesk. Your not the only one to have lost some tickets. All you had to do was simply re-submit them.

<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 10-23-2005 at 10:20 AM.

Can you explain the 3 day delay for the domain registration and how it took 3 days to basically have someone answer the ticket? (you answered the ticket)

I do not handle billing, or domains, therfor I am not sure what was wrong. If you can provide me a ticket number, I can look into it.

Regards,
    Anthony B.

Lol, if you don't handle billing or domains, why were you the one who answered them when they were billing or domain related questions? Do the tickets even exist if I don't see them? I've never played with Kayako.

zyko,

Please, I have already answered your questions and issued the refund. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. The ticket you submitted was probably not in the billing department which is why Anthony may have replied to it trying to assist you as quickly as possible as that is what we do. We provide support to our clients when they need it and we make sure they close the ticket with a smile knowing that they're with the right company which is why matters like this sadden me as not once is the uptime or reliability mentioned. It seems this "bad reviews" on WHT relate to billing issues which as I stated before will no longer be a problem.

We're sorry things did not work out and we wish you the best in finding the right company for your business.

Most of the threads I see regarding Exovian on WHT are folks who cancelled due to poor support response times. Of course these are followed up by "where is my refund that was promised"
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Originally posted by ExovianBen
    The ticket you submitted was probably not in the billing department which is why Anthony may have replied to it trying to assist you as quickly as possible as that is what we do.
    Shouldn't he have escalated it to the appropriate department? Obviously he didn't assist at all. A longer wait may be better than someone who isn't able to respond to such an enquiry.

Nah, it was in the billing department. I'm sure I know how to select the appropriate categories, considering there is only 3.

zyk0,

Did you receive a full refund of what you had paid, or a pro-rated one based on the date of cancellation?

Hmm...
    Anyway, thanks for half my refund.
    Justin Schurawlow :: Technology Enthusiast
    Schurawlow PC Repair
    Computer Services for the Lehigh Valley area
    Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog