Question What happened to Herwebhosting

hey guys

today i just visited the site of herwebhost dot com and surprised to see that they are down and saying that ev1 is not releasing their data.

i m surprised that Why Ev1 did this to herwebhost

Looks like they had a spammer, EV1 Pulled the plug, probably charged them a fee for the abuse or something of the sort, they refused to pay, EV1 refuses to release the machines, and they didn't have any really recent backups of customer data.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

So this the end of one webhost in hosting industry?
    i mean they lost their business...
    Last edited by hsg70; 10-23-2005 at 12:02 AM.

EV1 refuses to release their data? It's much more likely that the hosting company is refusing to pay EV1 their due bills. I'm sure if they pay their bills, EV1 will release their data. It's quite simple really.

EDIT: I just looked at the Her Web Hosting website, and see they're trying to make an excuse and blame EV1. Even if EV1 has billed them some sort of administration fee for reconnecting the server, the only responsible thing to do is to pay it and then dispute it later. A business with any sort of respect for their customers would pay it to get those customers back online ASAP so that they may move their data.
    Last edited by bqinternet; 10-23-2005 at 01:19 AM.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Originally posted by hsg70
    Only way to know would be to contact them in one manner or another. Did they provide a backup e-mail account (GMail, HotMail, backup mail server in another datacenter, etc..?)
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Originally posted by hsg70
    I guess so, they run out of money I guess .. they want their users to sign up (AGAIN!) with a godaddy affiliate link!

Originally posted by justadollarhostin
    Looks like they had a spammer, EV1 Pulled the plug, probably charged them a fee for the abuse or something of the sort, they refused to pay, EV1 refuses to release the machines, and they didn't have any really recent backups of customer data.
    If you are running a hosting biz, aren't you suppose to backup your customers data everyday???? Wierd company.
    www.TnetHost.com
    Website Designs and Hosting Solutions

To get a better idea of what actually happened, go ahead and look at http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...ghlight=AaronC
    Thank you,

Aaron Conklin
    Product Manager