Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More problems with LayeredTech

In spite of the many problems we've had with LT (tickets not being fully read, OS reload on the wrong machine, reboots to the wrong machine, etc.), since we ordered a few months ago, we decided to stick around and hope things improve.

Today may be the final straw, depending on how LT intends to deal with it.

Since I'm not too confident with the way things have been going, I emailed support to request that our credit card NOT be automatically billed until accounting had a chance to look over each invoice and confirm that it was correct. We also have several different cc's that we use, depending on various factors. This was their reply:

"I am sorry but that is not something that we can do. First, we must have a credit card on file for our clients. Also, if you make a payment with a credit card, the card you want to use must match the billing address we have in our system. I am sorry if this causes you any grief but this is a policy that is in place to protect us as well as our clients.

Thanks,
    Gary
    Accounts Department"

To which I replied "What is your cancellation policy?" To which Gary replied:

"I was mistaken about a part of my previous email to you. We have made it to where the card that we have on file for you will not be billed. "

Guess what LT did this morning? They charged the card WITHOUT MY PERMISSION and severely screwed up things on this end, because we weren't expecting that charge. I didn't even get an invoice from LT!!!!!!!! I can't even fix this until my bank opens up on Monday. I'm so angry.

Someone at LT, PLEASE MAKE THIS RIGHT WITH ME. I'm feeling absolutely sick over this, since it means another (more important) bill we have with another provider will not be paid until we can get funds transferred around on Monday.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
      0 Not allowed!

Since being with LayeredTech, Iv'e learned that their billing department absolutely truely sucks. It's like their mission in life is to annoy you and do the opposite of everything you say.

However, that said, every other aspect has been fine (so far), including moderate support, moderate reboots, good network, and ofcourse, fantastic prices.
      0 Not allowed!

The fantastic prices are biting us on the *** with LayeredTech.

DedicatedNow, which offers similar pricing, has been so much better to deal with on all fronts.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
      0 Not allowed!

Switch over to paypal payment, and use your several CCs with paypal. Should be no problem with LT...
      0 Not allowed!

I use PayPal with LT and Iv'e had a few problems. The most annoying being that they suspended a server before even emailing me to ask for payment.

Because they where behind on emailing out invoices (therefore making me behind on payment), I had a server suspended. It's a good job it was only a development server
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by shockuk
    Since being with LayeredTech, Iv'e learned that their billing department absolutely truely sucks. It's like their mission in life is to annoy you and do the opposite of everything you say.
    I have never had any problems with their Billing Department. I have even called them up a few times via the 1-800 number with questions and they were helpful.

To the OP: Your probably going to have to wait till the billing department opens on monday. Start backing up your data now.
    Regards,
    datruesurfer
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by datruesurfer
    To the OP: Your probably going to have to wait till the billing department opens on monday. Start backing up your data now.

Our data is backed up, that's not a problem.

The problem is they've put at us risk of having close to 2 dozen servers suspended at another location - because they took money off a cc card they didn't have permission to...and assured me they wouldn't. Luckily, the other provider is very competent and this will probably work out at that end...but it still was a major screw up.

As for having to use Paypal because LT can't get their poop in a group is ridiculous.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by justadollarhostin
    There isn't an abnormal amount of hardware issues at LT, and they are generally handled in a timely manner.
    That hasn't been my experience. Support is not efficient and we've had hardware issues on 4 of the 6 machines we have with LT and we've only been with them for about 3 months.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Tina,

How about you try working with us on our forums or support system instead of coming here and trying to post in every thread with our name listed in it with a skewed story of how we have wronged you. We do have a support system and forums of our own.

Regards,

Jeremy
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by LTADMIN
    Tina,

How about you try working with us on our forums or support system instead of coming here and trying to post in every thread with our name listed in it with a skewed story of how we have wronged you. We do have a support system and forums of our own.

Regards,

Jeremy
    Skewed story??? Explain to me exactly what is skewed about my EXPERIENCE with LT? I would be more than happy to go over each point with you and post documentation, ticket replies, etc.

Your support system, which you would prefer I use instead of bringing up your dirt in public, failed miserably...especially in this last case of your company charging my cc WITHOUT MY PERMISSION and AFTER your billing dept assured me my card would not be charged.

Why are you coming here and blaming ME about your screwups...instead of apologizing or making it right or making sure it doesn't happen in the first place.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Jeremy, I understand you are simply protecting your company, but everyone is entitled to an opinion, and the freedom to express that opinion.

If Tina was lying, then that would be another matter, although it generally seems that she really experienced "hardware issues on 4 of the 6 machines we have with LT".

I bet you wouldn't ask people to only post on the LT forums if they had something nice to say about the company. Not all "word-of-mouth" is positive...
      0 Not allowed!

Tina,

I am not going to reply to anymore of your posts as you take everything I say out of context or use posts like this to bait me into an arguement. If you wish to have this matter delt with please contact our sales or accounts team and they can assist you.

Regards,

Jeremy
      0 Not allowed!

I have contacted them, several times. Its resulted in no answer or an incorrect answer "We will not bill your card". I don't resort to posting in public forums unless other avenues are not working. Your other avenues are definitely NOT WORKING.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Tina,

Our accounts team has been trying to reach you by phone. The number you provided us is no longer in service we are also trying to find the updated details that you provided for an alternate payment method as we do not show you submitting them. If you did this over the phone please update your open ticket with who you spoke with. Please also provide our accounts team with a working phone number so they can contact you right now about the payment issues and get the correct billling details to charge your card.

Our support systems do work just fine. Please be more paitent when requesting answers to accounts related questions over a weekend as the accounts and billing staff work regular office hours as posted on our site and on weekends have a skeleton staff to handle requests. Posting here and in every thread you can find with our name mentioned before even giving us a chance to reply is uncalled for.

Once you contact our accounts team and provide them with the proper payment details they will refund your card today and charge your new one.

Regards,

Jeremy
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by LTADMIN
    Tina,

Our accounts team has been trying to reach you by phone. The number you provided us is no longer in service we are also trying to find the updated details that you provided for an alternate payment method as we do not show you submitting them. If you did this over the phone please update your open ticket with who you spoke with. Please also provide our accounts team with a working phone number so they can contact you right now about the payment issues and get the correct billling details to charge your card.

Our support systems do work just fine. Please be more paitent when requesting answers to accounts related questions over a weekend as the accounts and billing staff work regular office hours as posted on our site and on weekends have a skeleton staff to handle requests. Posting here and in every thread you can find with our name mentioned before even giving us a chance to reply is uncalled for.

Once you contact our accounts team and provide them with the proper payment details they will refund your card today and charge your new one.

Regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy,

You are contradicting what I was told by your billing department. This is a direct copy/paste of the answer I rec'd:

"We have made it to where the card that we have on file for you will not be billed. You are now able to log into our site and pay your invoices with any credit card you like. "

What happened after this answer was:

1. The card you had on file WAS billed.

2. I did not receive an invoice - so there was no chance to log in and pay with the card of my choice.

I am NOT going to give you a card to keep on file - which was the point of the previous tickets and to which I was assured was "okay". I was so concerned about all of the screwups, that I specifically asked your billing department about your cancellation policy if I had to keep a card on file...they assured me I did not.

There is no need to give you ANY card details right now as you already charged the card you said you wouldn't. How is that so hard to understand???

Further, as I said already...I would not have posted in a public forum except for my complete and utter frustration with your company. Your team constantly ignores the facts and tries to point the finger elsewhere...or accuse me of being the problem. Again, I ask, what EXACTLY have I said that was out of line, incorrect or flat out rude here? I'm asking...no, I'm BEGGING, for LT to get their act together...after getting the run around when following your "support channels".

At this point, you're not getting any other card information and this card will be cancelled on Monday to prevent your company from doing any more damage. We'll also be cancelling the current servers soon, so future payments aren't going to be an issue either.

You know, several weeks ago there was a thread in your own forum from a guy who was complaining about random server reboots. Your reply was something to the effect of "We don't go around randomly rebooting servers.". I tried to reply to that thread and say that we were having the same trouble (incorrect server reboots and OS reloads on the wrong machine)...and that perhaps your team should evaluate the way servers are labelled. You had, however, locked that thread down. That's why I post here.

If you don't like your company getting bad publicity, you can always report this thread to the moderators here and see if they feel that I've said anything out of line. They are more than willing to lock or clean up threads that are unfair.

PS: Not once have you even hinted at an apology in this mess. It would take you less time to look up the ticket and see that I was OUTRIGHT LIED TO by your company...and come here and apologize and maybe even give half an effort to show your concern, instead of making me the villian in this mess.

--Tina
    Last edited by Tina J; 10-22-2005 at 03:03 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Tina,

Please reply to your open support ticket so our accounts team can contact you about this issue. We can take care of the refund and payment details immediately. If you wish to cancel your hosts please see my reply to your ticket.

Regards,

Jeremy
      0 Not allowed!

Issuing a refund, at this point, is not going to make a difference in the amount of work I have to do to clean up this mess on Monday. There's no need for me to talk to your billing department, because this card will be cancelled and we have no outstanding invoices. Anything they need to communicate to me they can do so in the ticket or email, so I have documentation.

You know, I'm amazed that throughout this you offer no compensation, no apology and no remorse - when the ticket history clearly shows you guys screwed up.

That's pretty much been my LT experience since day one.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Tina,

Your card has already been refunded by our accounts team. Please contact them about alternate methods of paying the existing balance and it will be taken care of.

Our staff did say he would freeze the account on file and I do not know why it didnt occur it could be human error or it could have been an error in our billing system. I do not know and I am not going to guess. If you where waiting for an invoice to be generated and knew your billing date was the 22nd and did not get any invoice prior to that you could have tried contacting our accounts department with a request to have the invoices manually generated and sent out so that you could make the manual payment. There was no request made the account was batched lastnight with all of the other accounts due on the 22nd. Our team is trying to make things right and have issued the refund as you requested in your earlier ticket replies.

I am sorry if this has caused you problems but this could have all been resolved via our ticket systems. Please note it is a weekend and our accounts staff is limited so replies are not as quick as you would get during regular office hours.

Regards,

Jeremy
      0 Not allowed!

Jeremy,

I did not ask for a refund to that card, that is a lie. I asked how you guys were going to make this right with me - expecting you, as we do when we make a mistake, to say something along the lines of "I am so sorry we screwed up. I am adding one free week onto your account at no charge.".

Refunding, at this point, as I've said more than once...is pointless, since the money isn't going to post back to the card for awhile. Refunding has done absolutely NOTHING except tie up the money further. Since your company screwed this up, I expect the fair thing to do is for you to wait for the refund to post to my bank before more is sent to you.

Your apology is condescending and rude. To say that it could have been resolved via the same ticket system that caused this (and other) problem in the first place...is an insult. You've acknowledged that I've submitted tickets that were not handled properly. See my problem with this?

Further, you expect me to request that an invoice be sent to me BEFORE its due, if I didn't get one...otherwise, somehow, this is my fault?!?

--Tina
    Last edited by Tina J; 10-22-2005 at 03:56 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Tina,

Please see your updated ticket. Your transaction that was made earlier was 'voided' not 'refunded' the funds where never taken from your account and they should be available for to use now elsewhere. I appologize if I choose the wrong way to explain this.

Our ticket system works fine and we have been trying to resolve this issue with you via that systems. If you see the latest update from our accounts staff you will see the transaction has been 'voided' as if it never happened and your invoices have been sent out for you to make payments on.

I am sorry this did occur but it could have all been resolved via our ticket system as it has by our staff already. I do appologize for the problems this may have caused you but I do not feel we owe you any free credits or similar for an error that can and has been resolved via our regular systems. Giving us only 20 mins to resolve the issue before posting here and elsewhere I do not feel is fair and is un-needed.

I am not going to be replying to anymore posts about this issue. Please update your ticket once the payments have been made on your invoices that are now re-opened.

Regards,

Jeremy
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, the money WAS taken out of my bank account. That's how I found out about this mess in the first place. My bank account was short...and I spent about 2 hours this morning logging into about a dozen various billing accounts to find out who the hell took that money out. Eventually, I found that the amount that is missing from my account matches the invoice that was automatically paid (after being reassured by your staff that it wouldn't) to your company.

As I told your company, the fair thing to do is to hold this invoice open until the money posts back to my bank account - so I'm not out even more money over your companies failure to follow through with their promise to me. If you'd like my bank's contact information, or screen shots from my account, as proof...let me know. I've already posted to the ticket with this same plea for decency.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Tina,

I show no updates to your open ticket since our accounts team last reply. The accounts team did 'void' the transaction completely. The funds you saw drawn from your account where likely put on 'hold' for 24 hour until the transaction had been fully completed. This is likely done by your credit card company and they will release the hold at their descretion.

Please update the open ticket about this issue. Our accounts team does not watch these forums and is not seeing your replies here. I am not going to discuss this with you further on this board. Please use our support system as this is not our support forums and I feel you are trying to bait me into an arguement.

Regards,

Jeremy
      0 Not allowed!

I did update my ticket. I replied to "Karla". I will resend my ticket.

I am not trying to bait you into an argument. You didn't have to reply to this thread at all...I'm simply posting here, out of utter frustration with your company.

You, on the other hand, have claimed that I tell "skewed stories" about your company - but won't back up your claim, you've said it was basically my fault my debit card was charged because I didn't request that you send me an invoice before it was due (what?!?), you lied and said I requested a refund AND you are totally sincerely unapologetic throughout this whole mess.

I love how you try to make every issue I have with your company, in the three short months I"ve been with you, "Tina picking on LayeredTech"...when the facts clearly show that you guys simply screwed up time and time again. I'm not even as mad with the screwups as I am with the way you guys handle the screwups.

PS: You've told me three times now that you're not going to reply to this thread anymore.

--Tina
    Last edited by Tina J; 10-22-2005 at 04:28 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

wow, simply wow, calm down a bit, the public has seen enough of this, you should take this elsewhere.
      0 Not allowed!

Fourth of July was three months ago... still fireworks!
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not looking to drag this out, honest. I just hear all these great stories about LT, and my experience has not been the same unfortunately.

As I said, we have servers (we're talking dozens of servers) in 5 other datacenters and have absolutely no problems - so I feel that we're not being unreasonable in our requests for help to LT. I know what its like to be treated well by their competitors, but LT just simply has failed to live up to all the hype I see posted at WHT, for me. Maybe if someone else is having similar problems, they will know that they are not alone.

That's really my only goal here. That and to hopefully get LT to see that they have room for improvement in some areas.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with Tina, LT is the one that screw up on this issue. they should at least offer some compensation.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    I'm not looking to drag this out, honest. I just hear all these great stories about LT, and my experience has not been the same unfortunately.

As I said, we have servers (we're talking dozens of servers) in 5 other datacenters and have absolutely no problems - so I feel that we're not being unreasonable in our requests for help to LT. I know what its like to be treated well by their competitors, but LT just simply has failed to live up to all the hype I see posted at WHT, for me. Maybe if someone else is having similar problems, they will know that they are not alone.

That's really my only goal here. That and to hopefully get LT to see that they have room for improvement in some areas.

--Tina
    it sound like an isolated case but not in general...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jt2377
    it sound like an isolated case but not in general...
    Well, since its happening to me - it doesn't make me feel any better. Thanks for your support though.

Keep in mind that this isn't just one isolated incident that we've had with them. There have been ongoing problems since we got our servers 3 months ago...everything from mislabeled machines, to billing screwups, to hardware issues on 4 of our 6 machines.

I'm so frustrated I could cry.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Well, since its happening to me - it doesn't make me feel any better. Thanks for your support though.

Keep in mind that this isn't just one isolated incident that we've had with them. There have been ongoing problems since we got our servers 3 months ago...everything from mislabeled machines, to billing screwups, to hardware issues on 4 of our 6 machines.

I'm so frustrated I could cry.

--Tina
    perhap...LT just don't like you

have you tho about switching provider?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jt2377
    perhap...LT just don't like you

have you tho about switching provider?
    I'm sure its not personal, although I believe the reason they won't work harder to make sure I'm not upset anymore is because they don't particularly like me at this point. No wonder, all they get from me is pointing out how they've screwed something else up.

We have servers all over the place and we probably will be cancelling with LT in the near future. However, these are dedicated server customers we have at LT - and we just moved them there three months ago, because of the wonderful reviews LT got here. Its not so easy to move dedicated server customers...and to have to tell them that we are moving them again after just a few months is not going to go over very well, which is why we keep hoping LT will get their act together.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

GUYS,

This is how the thread went.

LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina

How is this helping other people? LT has their own forum, and this thread looks like a support ticket.
      0 Not allowed!

Wow, interesting thread...but it needs to cool down a little.

I know a few people who resell for layeredtech and this seems to be the case with them and/or their customers.

Tina, are you still planning on moving away from LT?
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Mark L
    GUYS,

LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina

How is this helping other people? LT has their own forum, and this thread looks like a support ticket.
    Well, it might help other people see that LT isn't all sunshine and roses for everyone...and when they screw up, they aren't exactly remorseful or friendly to deal with. Had I seen a thread like this before I ordered, I would not have given them my money. Its not so much the fact that they screwed up, its how its being handled and the attitude.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ImageTutorials

I know a few people who resell for layeredtech and this seems to be the case with them and/or their customers.

What seems to be the case?

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Mark L
    GUYS,

LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina
    LTADMIN
    AH-Tina

I had a similar problem with LT when I was running my own servers, and only got the run around, I wish I posted my thread here, that way I could have made sure things were resolved.

The more people that post their problems with LT, the better chance they will get their act together and then it will help everyone who does business with LT.

You have to take things one step at a time.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, it might help other people see that LT isn't all sunshine and roses for everyone...and when they screw up, they aren't exactly remorseful or friendly to deal with. Had I seen a thread like this before I ordered, I would not have given them my money. Its not so much the fact that they screwed up, its how its being handled and the attitude.

--Tina
    Tina,

Personally I don't see the point. They made a mistake, anyone can make it. They refunded your account, reply your tickets, and your post in a forum that is not even theirs. What else do you expect from a server company?

You want for each mistake to have free weeks? More bandwidth? Some Blood? Or simply want them to beg you for excuses?

If you check this forums you will see sunshine when you talk about LT, and I know there is many more people like me that are very happy with them, with their support, and with their services.

Of course that anybody can have problems, but you find the difference, when you find a company that want to hear their customers, solve their problems, reply their tickets, and learn from them. And so far this is what you can see from LT. And of course unbeatable price, great bandwidth, good support? What else do you want? No mistake, no problems? It’s impossible to find a company like that since nobody it’s perfect.

I think more than apology from them, I think they should expect thanks from you, since you have been heard on a different forum, they solved your problem in a reasonable time, and they offered you their excuses. I think you shouldn’t expect anymore, and say Thanks.

Thanks are free, and when you ask things with “Please” and say “Thanks” at the end, you will see people willing to serve you better next time. And from what I read on these forums, you will need them.

Just my 2 cents.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, don't touch this!
    WebHostingTalk.com
      0 Not allowed!

I respect your opinion, but you do not fully understand what I've been through with LayeredTech over the last 3 months. I didn't have a minor issue with them today and then suddenly run here crying about it. This is 3 months of *continued* problems (do you know the potential financial damage of doing an OS reload on the WRONG SERVER?!?) - and this being the final straw.

Yes, I understand that many people...including you...have wonderful experiences with LT. My experience has not been the same and I am outlining exactly why here. WHT has always been a place where customers, satisfied and unsatisfied, can share their experiences...so that potential customers can see both sides and make an informed decision.

The refund, which was never asked for, has actually caused more problems...because now LT is wanting me to give them more money, when the money they put a hold on originally (due to their mistake!!!) hasn't even been released back to us. This is their screwup and they are acting like I'm a thorn in their side. I resent that.

--Tina
      0 Not allowed!

Re: More problems with LayeredTech

Someone at LT, PLEASE MAKE THIS RIGHT WITH ME. I'm feeling absolutely sick over this, since it means another (more important) bill we have with another provider will not be paid until we can get funds transferred around on Monday.

--Tina
    Tina,

I don't want to argue with you, and personally as a customer, I am with you in some place.

But when you request support on this forum, you're not sharing your experience. You’re using the wrong place for support.

I think the best way to share your experience, its wait till this painful story ends, and then share with us your experience. And maybe LT tell us their side of the history. And we have the tools to judge who has the reason, and if they behave like we expect from a company or not.

But right now, I am not sure with this post if you're sharing your experience, and using your freedom of speech on this forum, or you're requesting support from them, using this forum as a way to get faster response, or try to find the response that you want, without considering the damage that you can cause to a good company that it's managed by a good team of people, that always are opened to hear what their customers says, and try to take decisions, thinking that each customers it's not a sale, it's a monthly customer...

I am telling you all this, since this is the way that they treated me in a couple of times, without knowing me enough, without having dozens of servers, just being a normal customers, that request support using their ways, and when I don't find the answer that I wanted, I tried to contact them using regulars ways, before doing this.

And all this efforts turned me to be a good customer, with excellent experience, that when come to WHT to share an experience, it's a good experience.

I think you should wait till the ticket gets solved before you come here with your thoughts about them...

Good luck.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, don't touch this!
    WebHostingTalk.com
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast