www.tranxactglobal.com

What do folks think about them? All I care about is :

1> There is very little downtime by way of hardware problems or bandwidth issues.

2> The bandwidth is of good quality with low latency and no bottleneck issues.

3> Somebody is reachable 24/7 via phone and email (and they GET ON IT ;-)) for when server is down.

I'm considering ordering the dual xeon 2.4 scsi with a few add-ons like raid 5 for mirroring the drives.

Generally speaking, if the service is as good as ev1servers.net I will be very satisfied.

Answered your other thread already but they are much better than EV1 for service and reponse. The bandwidth is top notch. Visit the site they have graphs showing who their providers are and the network utliization.

Hi,

On a scale from 1 to 10.

1. 9.5
    2. 10
    3. 10
    ||| >> Web Hosting and PHP/MySQL development services.
    ||| >> Vacation properties rental script - we are selling and supporting it since 2003: http://www.online-rent.com

I don't use them (yet) personally, but all the tranxactglobal/Gnax customers I talked to at HostingCon say they couldn't be happier.

I have been with them for 3 months now. Couldn't be happier, excellent uptime, and bandwidth.

Yeah, they're quite good and after they add DDoSS prevention hardware in a few months time, they will be unstoppable.
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

How do they behave when things go wrong? Seriously, has anyone been with them and had to use their support...how were they in a crisis?

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    How do they behave when things go wrong? Seriously, has anyone been with them and had to use their support...how were they in a crisis?

--Tina
    Tina, I would never hesitate to trust the GNAX staff in any kind of crisis (nor in any kind of non-crisis). Aside from the good things I read about them in WHT before the brief period I worked there, I can't even begin to portray the staff's dedication to their customers day in and day out, crisis or no-crisis. That and when it comes down to business, you can't beat Jeff's (sailor's) honesty and dependability.

I agree

Hi,

I agree 100% on GNAX support. If there is something you can be sure is that every single support ticket/request you submit is treated seriously and in a professional manner. This is my experience with them in more than one year.

Catalin
    ||| >> Web Hosting and PHP/MySQL development services.
    ||| >> Vacation properties rental script - we are selling and supporting it since 2003: http://www.online-rent.com

--Tina
    Tina,

I had a drive go down on a colocated server and they fixed it quickly. I can't remember how long it took, but the client that had that is on the box was very satisfied with the response time... and I know I must have been since I barely remember the situation... and I generally freak out when things do not go right.

Tracy Phillips

Thanks Tracy! Anymore specific crisis situations solved quickly?

While I appreciate everyone saying how great they are, I'd like to hear specific examples - because that means more to me.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I ordered a server with them before. I cancelled it because they didn't fullfil they promise to setup the server on time (3 days). My server was setup in 1 week time.

Sorry folks but that is my experienced so don't block it. For sure their uptime and network is great.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

I've had a few problems with them before when in crisis mode, but overall they handle most of the situation well, I would much rather GNAX handle my server crisis issues, than say ThePlanet, who just treat you like a number, and not an actual customer.
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

Thanks Tracy! Anymore specific crisis situations solved quickly?

While I appreciate everyone saying how great they are, I'd like to hear specific examples - because that means more to me.

--Tina
    Well as someone that has been a customer for several years and has lots of servers there I have had any number of crisis. Everyone of them handled fast and in the way I wanted it done not as per some policy someone in an ivory tower wrote for the masses.

It is called personal service.

For instance at one point we had a customers server that we thought was possibly rooted and the customer did not have current backups. I called and ask them to mount a new drive with a fresh OS install and then put the old drive in there in a way we could mount the old drive and copy files off from it as we needed and then unmount to protect the new drive.

This was at 2 am in the morning, by 3 am we had the new drive and OS and back online.

Time after time I have had this kind of service from them, I am a very demanding client when things go wrong on a server I am very impatient and do not suffer fools lightly. The crew at GNAX/Tranxactglobal very rarely has disappointed me in 4 years of being a customer.

Are they perfect? No they have made mistakes, they are human. But I also have tired other data centers and never have I found a better data center.
    The difference is they get it, they understand I am in the hosting business and my customers get upset if their sites are down. They take that as serious as I do.

Other data centers seem to forget that important point.

In other data centers I have had 48 hours for an OS reload while my server is down waiting, I have been down for 4 days while they moved servers around, a server unplugged for an abuse complaint with no notice.

I am sure they are not for everyone no one is, but they fit my business model to a T.

For personal service that really cares about your business, they can't be touched.

Techark,

Thank you very much. This is *EXACTLY* the kind of information I need...and sounds exactly like the kind of service that suits me well too.

--Tina

Tina,

That is the only situation I had... other than an OS reload the other day on a vacant server, but there was nothing pressing about that.

Have a great day!

Tracy Phillips

I've been using them since the beginning, server #4 was from them and is still online actually (I bought the physical server from them and had it moved into my cage a year or more ago).

The main difference is you get a higher level of personal service at GNAX you won't get at most places. They get busy and frantic like anyone can, that's just life.

I wouldn't be with them if they didn't do good work. I've had any number of ram swaps, harddrive swaps, etc etc they've helped with, if it weren't fast and timely you know I'd be screaming about it
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck