Domain transfers - from one registrar to another ?

Hi,

How does this domain transfers work ?
    Iwant to move from oen registrar to another registrar. I am currently with dotregistrar and would like to move to eNom...how can i do so ??

Do i have to got o eNom and then apply for a transfer ?

Is there anythign I need to do with my current registrar ? Also, i do it personally with a dotregistrar reseller locally. Do I need to do anything with my current registrar ??

How long does it take to complete the transfer ? whats the maximum time taken and the minimum time taken ?

Thanks

Thank you for the link. I read through the same.

To confirm let me just repeat the steps...

If i am transfering the domains from dotregistrar to eNom (or reseller of eNOm), i would do the following ...

1. Go to the eNom (or reseller of enom ) and click on the trabsfer link there and continue with the process.
    2. As a administrative contact, I will get the email and i need to confirm the same.
    3. After confirming, eNom or its reseller will deal with dotregistrar to complete the transfer process.
    4. It might take 6 to 10 days for the transfer to complete.

Someone please validate the same ? o if anything is missing, go ahead and add them for me.

Thanks

I have transferred away from yahoo to another registrar and it was easy.

Originally posted by PurpleCow
    Thank you for the link. I read through the same.

To confirm let me just repeat the steps...

If i am transfering the domains from dotregistrar to eNom (or reseller of eNOm), i would do the following ...

1. Go to the eNom (or reseller of enom ) and click on the trabsfer link there and continue with the process.
    2. As a administrative contact, I will get the email and i need to confirm the same.
    3. After confirming, eNom or its reseller will deal with dotregistrar to complete the transfer process.
    4. It might take 6 to 10 days for the transfer to complete.

Someone please validate the same ? o if anything is missing, go ahead and add them for me.

Thanks
    correct, keeping in mind the domain is not currently LOCKED at dotregistrar.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi