50% OFF SALE!! AcuNett ESSENTIAL Server Setup, FORTIFIED Setup, and 2.6.x Kernels!!

For ONE WEEK only, use coupon code WHT50 to receive 50% off the following:

Essential Setup, Fortified Setup, 2.6.x kernel recompiles.

For more information on our packages please visit http://www.acunett.com/management.

Essential Server Setup - $85
    • SIM - (System Integrity Monitor) - It reboots services that have failed within 5 minutes.
    • SPRI – (System Priority) - Sets priority to current processes being run on your server, decreasing load 10-25%.
    • PRM - (Process Resource Monitor) – Monitors all resources used by all processes and if a process is being flooded or causing high load on the server, it is killed.
    • BFD - (Brute Force Detection) – Detects brute force connections and automatically enters the offending IPs into the firewall to be blocked.
    • LES - (Linux Environment Security) - Enforces root-only permissions on system binaries as well as other restrictions on system programs.
    • Exiscan and Clam-Antivirus or Qscanq (PLESK) with Clam-Antivirus – Detect emails containing viruses or spam and discard them so your server is not the origin of the spread of today’s common viruses or spam emails.
    • /tmp & /var/tmp hardening – We harden /tmp and /var/tmp so no malicious scripts can be executed from the commonly used directory.
    • /dev/shm hardening – Another place hackers tend to upload files to is /dev/shm. This directory is hardened as well.
    • Optimize FTP Server for faster connections.
    • Optimize MySQL & Apache to reduce load and speed up MySQL connections.
    • Secure Apache which reduces the amount of information visible about a server's software making it less vulnerable.
    • Host.conf Hardening – Prevents IP spoofing and prevents DNS poisoning.
    • CHKRootKIt – Simple script that detects software used by hackers. It scans once a day and emails the client if any suspicious scripts are found.
    • Disabling Unused Services – We disable unused services to prevent them from being exploited.
    • Firewall Installation - (APF, Kiss, Bastille)
    • TCP/IP Hardening – Prevents DDOS and SYN-Flood attacks.
    • Logwatch – Sends a daily report to the client with all activity that has taken place on the server for that day.
    • Operating System Optimization – Optimize the OS for faster operation and load reduction.
    • Remove unused software – We remove unneeded software to minimize the number of software that could possibly be exploited.
    • Remove unused services – Unused services are shutdown and their ports closed.
    • Libsafe - Libsafe prevents buffer overflows and scans for exploitable software and notifies the client daily if any is found.
    • Turck mmcache and Zend Optimizer Installation - mmcache dramatically decreases page loading times by caching php scripts. • SSH Server Hardening - locks down and hardens the SSH server.
    • Nessus Security Scan - We perform a security scan on your server and patch any vulnerabilities found.

Fortified Server Setup - $135
    • Everything in the Essential Server Setup Package.
    • Mod_Security - Adds another layer of security for your web applications.
    • Mod_Dosevasive - Provides evasive action in the case of a DoS attack.
    • Samhain - File Integrity Detection System.
    • Smartd - Hard Drive reliability monitor. Provides i/o analysis and failure rates.
    • RKHunter - Comprehensive security analysis.
    • Disable php functions - Disabling potentially harmful php functions.
    • LSM (Linux Socket Monitor) - identifies rogue services.
    • Spam Protection (Cpanel & PLESK only) - enables mail server to use spam blacklists, filtering out 99% of internet spam.
    • Dictionary Attack Prevention (Cpanel only) - Detects and blocks incoming dictionary attacks to your email system.
    Last edited by AcuNett; 10-21-2005 at 10:05 PM.
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )

Nice deal, I'll be in touch.

This is just my luck...just had them do a server last week.

Hey Artie, I feel your pain. Happens to me all the time when I'm out buying something. Please check your PM box .

as always, you guys are great.

Just to let ppl know, these guys are great. The service is top notch and professional all the way.

These guys keep my server humming along. This is a great package.

Their server management service is top notch as well.

Will most of this apply to a VPS?

Originally posted by keith70
    Will most of this apply to a VPS?

I'm also interested in this answer.
    Any reply ?

Yes the setup applies to a VPS. However some parts of the setup may not be done depending on the type of VPS you have. I have extended the coupon for another 3 days so that you may use it.