Cubic hosting is down ...

i have experienced down time in my host ... cubichosting.net is down completely ... it gives me a 404 .... aih ....

Why does this happen to me?? im using 3 hosts now ... and 2 of them is down at the same time ... micfo is the other one which sucks ...

down for me too..

The Cubic Hosting Mars server has been compromised and the compromiser has deleted all data from the server. We do have off site backups that we will be restoring, but before we can do this, we must regain access to the server. The Planet Datacenter is working with us to regain access and we hope to have all sites back up and running by 11:59pm CST on October 21.

If you have any questions you can e-mail help@cubichosting.net, but please be aware that the more time we spend answering questions, the longer it will take to get your sites back up.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The Cubic Hosting Team

10/21/2005 11:15am CST
    Update: The Operating System needed to be reloaded in order for the server to function properly. The Planet Datacenter is near completion of the OS and cPanel reload. After the OS reload has completed we will begin configuring the server and restoring the backups.
    That was on their page here - http://cubichosting.net/

Re: Cubic hosting is down ...

Originally posted by aRxS
    i have experienced down time in my host ... cubichosting.net is down completely ... it gives me a 404 .... aih ....

Why does this happen to me?? im using 3 hosts now ... and 2 of them is down at the same time ... micfo is the other one which sucks ...
    As elix posted it seems like one of them has been compromised, I'd suggest you contacting Micfo regarding their downtime first, and give your current Cubic Host some more time to get the sites backup and find out what went wrong and what has been done to further prevent a compromise from happening in the future.

Good luck

Hello,

Below is part of the e-mail that was sent to all of our clients last night.

------------------------------------------
    As you may be aware, the Cubic Hosting Mars server was recently compromised. The hacker responsible for this blocked our access to the server and deleted all data on the server. Fortunately, we did have a backup of all our clients’ data from the morning before the attack.

The server’s file system was destroyed to such a point that the operating system and cPanel needed to be reloaded. As our datacenter staff is the only ones that can do such a thing, we contacted them immediately. They then proceeded to take about 36 hours to complete the OS and cPanel reload.

We had been using a backup server of our datacenter that started having issues when we attempted to restore our backup. We contacted our datacenter immediately, and they then took about 12 hours to correct the problems.

Once we had restored the backup to the server, it became apparent that the mail server was not functioning properly. We worked for hours and hours trying to correct the problem, and finally came to a solution yesterday.
    ------------------------------------------

We appreciate your patience throughout this matter and would like you to know that while we had all of typical security measures in place, we have now taken extra steps to further secure the server.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I was aware of this problem right away, it was only a minor inconvenience. I was happy with the overall effort that Cubic Hosting put into this issue, they did a great job.