Thumbs down Grrr non paying bidders. Hands up who hates them

Hey,
    Just had my second non-paying bidder for a site in about a month.

The first was for a hosting forum that's a few years old (Don't want to post link incase it's seen as advertising) - The user bidded on SitePoint then told me he couldn't pay

Luckily enough it wasn't hard to find another buyer because there was a lot of interest.

Now I have just had the exact same thing happen yesterday for another site of mine.
    User bidded and won, then told me he didn't have money to pay.

Are many other people seeing the same thing?

It wastes time and a lot of the time people bidding on sites bid on another once the sale is closed so you have lost your other high bidders
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

John,

I feel your pain. A short while ago I had a hosting company for sale right here on WHT.

All I can say is that all winning bidders (after first failed to pay) failed to complete the payment.

You got my sympathy John.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

I hear you, John. When I sold my hosting company last year, the high bidder (who'd been the high bidder for nearly the full last hour of the auction) claimed he didn't know he'd entered 3500 instead of 1900 .
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Originally posted by P-nut
    I hear you, John. When I sold my hosting company last year, the high bidder (who'd been the high bidder for nearly the full last hour of the auction) claimed he didn't know he'd entered 3500 instead of 1900 .
    What did you do then? Did you sell it to hi for 1900? Or did you said that you are going to keep the site to the next highest bidder?

I bet you everyone hates anyone who doesn't give them money, whether it's owed or not

the high bidder (who'd been the high bidder for nearly the full last hour of the auction) claimed he didn't know he'd entered 3500 instead of 1900
    What was the next highest bid?
    35 and 19 aren't exactly close to each other, don't see how anyone could put them in accidently.

Pitty the only place where bids are legally binding are places like eBay.

If only bids in writting were legally binding like quotes....
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

Originally posted by John D
    What was the next highest bid?
    35 and 19 aren't exactly close to each other, don't see how anyone could put them in accidently.
    I know, and I called him on it. Just got a bunch of excuses. Then he said he'd do it but wanted to wait 2 weeks and use some no-name escrow service. Surrre.....

I actually did list it on eBay, to provide an extra layer of protection for myself and the purchaser. I ended up reporting them as a non paying bidder and got the final value fee refunded. The next highest bidder was in the low $2xxx range. All in all I'm glad with the one who did end up purchasing it; very nice person.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

I've found that people really have no respect for others when it comes to things online. I had a few pieces of good furniture that I was *giving* away. It took two weeks and three different people who swore they were coming to pick it up just to find one.

Don't even get me started on E-bay.

Besides Non-paying bidders I hate non-sellers. I have had this happen twice in the two weeks on eBay. Same guy so after report maybe he will get booted. It is not my fault no one bid on his domain.