Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clook.net or Unitedhosting.co.uk = Unitedhosting all the way ..Read Why!

Clook.net vs UnitedHosting.co.uk ...One man and a womans experience :-)

Been around hosting for a few years now so I know what is good and what is not.

These are my observations based on mine and my partners direct experiences signing up with 2 UK hosts that have good reps here at WHT.

The story starts:

Needed to get a .co.uk on to a UK host for SEO reasons. I currently host a big blunderbus of a dedicated server with HTTPME but they don't do UK. Joined HTTPME by the way on their smallest pack for $45 a month and am now doing $450 a month for a dedicated so Im not a tiny customer although I'm not massive either. So anyway...stay awake now :-)

Clook.net

Joining procedure pretty simple. Cpanel based and I'm used to that.

First sign of trouble...came when I wanted to install a SSL cert. They did the job fine but their billing system went a bit haywire. Started billing me for god knows what. I logged in to the system and see several invoices outstanding.

I send ticket asking about what these tickets are. Been there ...and seen all this with McToast so you can imagine my nerves are a bit frayed when it comes to biling.

Anyway...to cut a long story I get a post back saying it's all clear. bla bla.

Their system is so damn confusing...the interface...the ticket system. I had like 2 or 3 tickets open and had no clue what was what. Just really freaked out actually about how complicated they make it.

Anyway...this month I get another bill through. I thought it was all settled as per what I just posted above but no it was not...there was still the matter of the IP address for the SSL. As far as I was concerned this was paid but seems it was not. Anyway..I only find this out later.

So...I post a ticket on their complicated support system that I am sure their thousands of clients have no problem with...just me thinks it stinks :-) and I say...something like ( a bit snotty actually)

Stop sending me these invoices. You told me this was cleared up. It wastes my time that I don't have etc or I will cancel my account. DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!

I get a ticket response telling me not to shout to speak civil or go elsewhere and the ticket is not resolved I still owe the IP.

So...I just said bye de bye then and promised them the review here :-)

So..in conclusion. Billing department sucks. Customer service is poor and aggressive. Support interface is like a cornered rat.

Glad to see you get great reviews...all your clients must be saints.

To be fair they did allow me to back up. If you want your $2 or whatever it is for the IP give me your paypal address and I will bike it round to ya.

Unitedhosting.co.uk

First scary bit for me....ensim. Never used it before got a bit confused (I'm good at that ...just a REAL customer I suppose). Sent in a ticket explaining I'm from a Cpanel background and could you give me some help please.

Well...they went out of their way to provide support. Even debugging SQL dumps to get me back up and running. Always polite...always fast to respond.

The interface is a breeze. Really easy to use. If you are like me and need support to get you going then you will really appreciate how easy these people make it for you.

Conclusion
    =======

If you are looking for a UK or European host I personally say go with unitedhosting.co.uk if they are one of the companies you are considering. Even though they use ensim which is alien to me :-) they still made the transition a breeze.

Unlike clook who can't take the heat so should leave the kitchen. Off to customer service school for you Jim.

Hey Simon:

Nice review of unitedhosting. No surprise, as they've proven themselves time and time again.

In fairness to clook, your ticket did seem to be a bit hostile. Still, they should have been able to handle the hostility/frustration - that's part and parcel of running a hosting biz.

I'm glad to hear you found a good solution at UH.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by vito

In fairness to clook, your ticket did seem to be a bit hostile.
    Vito
    Hostile ... I was livid

Anyway, all is well that ends well.

I just hope my review proves useful to anyone comparing these 2 UK hosts.

I know I prefer shopping in the states because the customer care is so superior. Looks like Clook still have that to learn whilst unitedhosting.co.uk are excelling. It is the small details after all that separate companies in such a fiercely competitive business.

Simon

Originally posted by SimonMc
    ... It is the small details after all that separate companies in such a fiercely competitive business.
    True dat... (in any business)...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Well, both of them are top notch hosting providers, but clook's review came in surprised.

Hi,

First sign of trouble...came when I wanted to install a SSL cert. They did the job fine but their billing system went a bit haywire. Started billing me for god knows what. I logged in to the system and see several invoices outstanding.

I send ticket asking about what these tickets are. Been there ...and seen all this with McToast so you can imagine my nerves are a bit frayed when it comes to biling.
    During the installation of the SSL certificate you (actually I don't think I've dealt with you, your partner was the owner of the account) were informed that it would incur a fee for the dedicated IP address which is shown on the package page.

Due to an error on my part, which I admit and apologised for a day or two later when it came to light, two invoices generated. You got in touch to inform of this and the situation was corrected with the second invoice being removed. The first invoice remained though because this was the correct invoice for the dedicated IP and details about this were provided in the ticket.

This remained unpaid until the system sent a reminder which you clearly didn't like....

Stop sending me these invoices. You told me this was cleared up. It wastes my time that I don't have etc or I will cancel my account. DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!

I get a ticket response telling me not to shout to speak civil or go elsewhere and the ticket is not resolved I still owe the IP.
    The ticket response told you what you had already been told several times by this point in that the SSL certificate required a dedicated IP address and this was what the invoice was for.

And yes, it did ask you to try and keep things civil. Call it what you will but you pay us for hosting and the things associated with this, not for taking rudeness and abuse from you in every ticket you open.

So..in conclusion. Billing department sucks. Customer service is poor and aggressive. Support interface is like a cornered rat.
    I've just checked and you only had one support ticket so I'm not sure where you 'review' of this comes from. It was for the SSL certificate install and had 2 minute responses throughout by Carl who handled it fine.

As for the support interface, this is Kayako eSupport which many hosts use. I always have open ears for genuine feedback on how things can be improved (we have already modified it greatly) so if you want to provide details of this feel free to email.

To be fair they did allow me to back up. If you want your $2 or whatever it is for the IP give me your paypal address and I will bike it round to ya.
    As informed via the ticket, if you didn't wish to pay the invoice for the dedicated IP it wasn't a problem to remove the SSL and put it back on shared IP space.

I'll look forward to your 6 month review of UH.
    Clook Internet - www.clook.net
    Fully managed UK based webhosting provider
    Est 2002, 24/7 phone support, all the bells and whistles!

Do unitedhosting have uk based servers now, though their boxes were @ EV1.

Do unitedhosting have uk based servers now, though their boxes were @ EV1.
    They have a couple of servers at the same UK based provider as us so yes, they now provide UK hosting.

Like I said Jim, your system just confused the hell out of me. Login here, login there, send a ticket ...it's not sent you need to confirm it..etc etc. I had no idea what was going on.

These are the tickets relating to these issues and this is where the main confusion and frustration arose from:

[OKE-79161]
    [KXL-68066]
    [IUV-26960]

Like I said this is my personal review of the way you handled things and it was in my opinion not inline with a top class service provider.

Feel free to jump on in and defend yourself but I told the story as I saw it and this is my experience with you as a host.

I am sure the review after 6 months for unitedhosting will be inline with the way the hosting works out over the six months ahead.

You however fell at the first fence.

Simon

These are the tickets relating to these issues and this is where the main confusion and frustration arose from:

[OKE-79161]
    [KXL-68066]
    [IUV-26960]
    Correct, that matches up our side too.

Like I said this is my personal review of the way you handled things and it was in my opinion not inline with a top class service provider.

Feel free to jump on in and defend yourself but I told the story as I saw it
    That's absolutely fine and I have no worries with you telling your story. I will (and have I think) put my side of the story across though aswell.

Maybe I am just being naive and actually, when a provider is shouted and screamed at with general hostility they put that client straight to the top of the ticket queue giving them anything they want (you were ordering the removal of the fee for the dedicated IP in your ticket). If that's the case then I stick by what I've already said, those who feel this is the way to get their host to do things and cannot keep things civil will be better looking elsewhere for hosting.

Originally posted by Jim_UK
    If that's the case then I stick by what I've already said, those who feel this is the way to get their host to do things and cannot keep things civil will be better looking elsewhere for hosting.
    It's called customer care Jim. Spend a bit of time in the states and you will see how it works.

If you get all lardy da at the first sign of trouble Jim you are in the wrong business.

Simon

It's called customer care Jim. Spend a bit of time in the states and you will see how it works.

If you get all lardy da at the first sign of trouble Jim you are in the wrong business.

Simon
    That isn't customer care, that is taking advantage of the host because you think you have a right to treat them like dirt because you pay them money for a service.

The US is no better in the customer care department than the UK, if you think that you are kidding yourself. If US providers will take that type of rude attitude from you, then more fool them.

Originally posted by FLH-Wullie
    That isn't customer care, that is taking advantage of the host because you think you have a right to treat them like dirt because you pay them money for a service.

The US is no better in the customer care department than the UK, if you think that you are kidding yourself. If US providers will take that type of rude attitude from you, then more fool them.
    That comment says more about your customer care than it does about me. Your another host that would not suite my taste. Im looking for service not the moral high ground.

Hosts don't pander and jump they just maintain their constant professional attitude. Ever seen a store rep being shouted at? Was the customer told to go forth or was the customer served in a professional manner? This is what seperates the really good hosts from the good hosts. The cream always rises.

If your a bit sensitive then perhaps you should warn people on your website. My problem is that I don't suffer fools gladly.

Simon

That comment says more about your customer care than it does about me. Your another host that would not suite my taste. Im looking for service not the moral high ground.

Hosts don't pander and jump they just maintain their constant professional attitude. Ever seen a store rep being shouted at? Was the customer told to go forth or was the customer served in a professional manner? This is what seperates the really good hosts from the good hosts. The cream always rises.

If your a bit sensitive then perhaps you should warn people on your website. My problem is that I don't suffer fools gladly.

Simon
    Have you ever thought that the reason UK hosts won't put up with that type of attitude is that we are not so agressive and we actually expect to be treated like human beings? If you want to pay me to take your crap then fine, but if I'm providing a hosting service to you then I would not take your arrogant attitude.

I'm sorry, but any host that can honestly come into this thread and say they would continue to treat you with respect and not ask you to be civil after you wrote the above ticket are only condoning your sheer arrogance. That in no way makes them better people or providers.

Morale of the story - A host is a host. If you want something to step on, buy a doormat.

Have you ever thought that the reason UK hosts won't put up with that type of attitude is that we are not so agressive and we actually expect to be treated like human beings? If you want to pay me to take your crap then fine, but if I'm providing a hosting service to you then I would not take your arrogant attitude.

I'm sorry, but any host that can honestly come into this thread and say they would continue to treat you with respect and not ask you to be civil after you wrote the above ticket are only condoning your sheer arrogance. That in no way makes them better people or providers.

Morale of the story - A host is a host. If you want something to step on, buy a doormat.
    So which bit offended you then?

Was it the bit about cancelling the hosting. Whas it the bit that said in caps DO YOU UNDERSTAND or was it just nothing and you have nothing better to do today.

So much for me saying I'm too busy aye

Simon

I've found Clook's support reasonable, polite and they've gone out of the way for me. I don't think your attitude was particularly civil and I wouldn't put up with it. I've been to a lot of places, including Httpme, and feel Clook is up there with te best of them.

I don't like eSupport as a client but there mods make it a bit better. I found the charge for the additional IPs odd given that I'm used to asking my main UK provider for them and being given them.
    Bloory
    Watch this space...

Originally posted by Bloory
    I've found Clook's support reasonable, polite and they've gone out of the way for me. I don't think your attitude was particularly civil and I wouldn't put up with it. I've been to a lot of places, including Httpme, and feel Clook is up there with te best of them.

I don't like eSupport as a client but there mods make it a bit better. I found the charge for the additional IPs odd given that I'm used to asking my main UK provider for them and being given them.
    Feel free to write your own review. I am sure clook have thousands of happy clients. This was my review as I saw it walts and all.

I make no appology for my attitude as the frustration level had already peaked. I am afterall only human. As is Jim but I expected (foolishly of course) for better customer care. Thats my expectation. Not yours. Not anyone elses. That is something that will always be mine and can't be influenced.

It's Friday afternoon. I am going to crack on with some work so forgive me for not getting into a slanging match with anyone.

You have my review and I stand by it 100% and you are free to judge each host as you see fit as I was.

Simon

So which bit offended you then?

Was it the bit about cancelling the hosting. Whas it the bit that said in caps DO YOU UNDERSTAND or was it just nothing and you have nothing better to do today.

So much for me saying I'm too busy aye

Simon
    Let's turn that question around for a second.

What part did you think would offend? The reason I ask is that you yourself said it was "a bit snotty actually".

Originally posted by Bloory
    At least some people still value common courtesy.

Hopefully any potential clients of Clook will read this thread for exactly what it is, because Clook did nothing wrong here.

I am sure Clook.net with their stellar reputation at WHT do not need anyone defending them, especially in this topic. Just want to give two short comments:

1. Clook and UnitedHosting are using the same helpdesk software - Kayako eSupport v2.

2. Isn't it written in every customer support guide that you should suggest an abusive customer (shouting in case with SimonMc) to "calm down and speak civil" before continuing further communication ? Finally, how is that response "aggressive"?

. . . Hopefully any potential clients of Clook will read this thread for exactly what it is, because Clook did nothing wrong here.
    I don't think right and wrong apply here.

I've been YELLED at by clients, on several occassions. Sometimes folks get frazzled, and they blow off some steam. Maybe they're not having such a great day? Maybe they just had a blue with the Mrs? It happens.

Originally posted by Harmolodic
    . . . 2. Isn't it written in every customer support guide that you should suggest an abusive customer (shouting in case with SimonMc) to "calm down and speak civil" before continuing further communication ?
    I would never tell a customer to "calm down and speak civil". That's probably the worst thing you can do, in such emotionally heightened situations. What you need to do is quickly and professionally resolve their issue, rather than instructing them to do something, when they're in a highly emotional state. Take away the cause of their angst, rather than trying to instruct them on how they should behave.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I would never tell a customer to "calm down and speak civil". That's probably the worst thing you can do, in such emotionally heightened situations. What you need to do is quickly and professionally resolve their issue, rather than instructing them to do something, when they're in a highly emotional state. Take away the cause of their angst, rather than trying to instruct them on how they should behave.
    It's great to know that this method works for you and you are ok taking verbal abuse/shouting, but as far as I am aware, it is a general rule of thumb in customer support that when a customer goes out of control (shouting, using inappropriate language etc) you should politely remind that you are here to help but only when the language is appropriate.

In this situation, if I followed the story correctly, the issue had already been resolved quickly and professionally, and an apology and explanation had been given. The customer however continued abusing support ignoring the explanation provided in regards to the overdue invoice. Perhaps, the wording Jim used in his response could have been better, but there was definitely nothing wrong with it.

It's great if you can handle such customers and such situations, but my point is that it ultimately should not be the duty of the customer support representative to tolerate abuse, especially when it's been persistent.

Originally posted by Harmolodic
    It's great to know that this method works for you and you are ok taking verbal abuse/shouting, but as far as I am aware, it is a general rule of thumb in customer support that when a customer goes out of control (shouting, using inappropriate language etc) you should politely remind that you are here to help but only when the language is appropriate.
    It is. Only the seagulls will post otherwise in the hope of getting off on the sound of their trumpet.

ML

Originally posted by MeatLoaf
    It is. Only the seagulls will post otherwise in the hope of getting off on the sound of their trumpet.
    Rubbish! Your insinuation that I'm some kind of seagull, sounding off my trumpett, is well and truly crossing the line.

I have an approach to business, and customer service that has worked for me, and others might take a different approach. I'm not one to follow the beaten track. Sometimes clients just need to vent - get something off their chest. So be it.

There's no right and wrong approach. There's only what works for you, and what doesn't!
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Rubbish! Your insinuation that I'm some kind of seagull, sounding off my trumpett, is well and truly crossing the line.
    lol what "line"? Do try to keep your hat on. Mine was a general comment that customer support indeed doesn't mean you have to bend over and accept abusive customers. If you've "crossed that line" and do accept it, so be it. You can choose to be a doormat if you wish. But in my experience most wont, but some will clutter up threads like this with claims that "I'd never do that, promise!" just to sound off their own trumpet.

There's no right and wrong approach.
    Of course there is. That's not to say everyone will use one or the other though. Some just get it wrong (defined by the fact that there is a right and a wrong way ).

In between the I-would-You-woundn't forray, I think anyone looking for a conclusion or information has found it. Shall we close this pissing contest, mods?

Trip
    Last edited by Trip; 10-22-2005 at 02:54 AM.

Originally posted by Trip
    Shall we close this pissing contest, mods?
    I am simply defending myself, from a deliberate and cowardly personal attack by MeatLoaf. Yeah, I know, he says he's being general, but we all know his comments were directed at me, even if he won't admit it. There's always someone looking to take a swing. That's ok. It happens.

As hosts, we need to find a support style that works for us. I'm far from a a doormat, but have created success using my customer support methodologies.

If they're YELLING in a ticket, I don't try and tell them what to feel, and give them instructions to stop yelling. That goes against the grain of human bahviour, and is working against your client, and only enrages them more.

I work hard at resolving the issue that's causing the angst. Take away the reason for their anger, rather then instruct them on how they should behave. This is called customer service, and is working with the customer, rather than instructing them, while they're in a heightened emotional state. That works for me, but that mightn't work for someone else.

I guess that approach was honed building HTTPme, and occassionally folks might post some emotional posts in the .COMmunity. You need to win them over, and not pompusly sit there and start instructing them on how they should feel and act. Consider their post from their position, and put yourself in their shoes. That's far from being a doormat, that's called being wise, and protecting your business.

This support style as worked for me, and I stand by this methodology. Others might think different. That's ok.

The review seems a little harsh, but then again, the customer reads like one of those difficult ones everybody dreads.

I have a few years experience with Clook and UnitedHosting, and both are great hosts - presuming that you don't start demanding services without wanting to pay for them.

I work with a lot of hosting companies and hopefully the following are helpful:
    Clook: http://www.webhostingworld.co.uk/21/clook/
    UnitedHosting: http://www.webhostingworld.co.uk/29/unitedhosting/

At a final choice between Clook and UnitedHosting, it's simply a case of which you have the better customer relations with.

Someone here made their choice, though I would be very surprised if their experience was typical of Clook.

Simon
    No, customer care is accepting a customer's frustration when the company makes a mistake. You've got a very warped sense of what customer care is. You sound like a spoiled brat that throws temper tantrams when they don't like something and in your case you didn't take the time to read what was being put in front of you.

Apparantly you're used to getting your way and thus feel that if you don't get your way it's bad customer service. And if you can't afford $2 for an add-on you requested, I don't think you need to have a website in the first place and Clook is a LOT better off not having customers who can't afford the service in the first place.

This post will likely upset you, but this is one of the most pathetic complaints I have ever heard of.

Ever seen a store rep being shouted at? Was the customer told to go forth or was the customer served in a professional manner? This is what seperates the really good hosts from the good hosts. The cream always rises.

LOL You were treated in a professional manner... Clook said act civil or leave. That's VERY professional.

So if you were a manager getting yelled at by an unreasonable customer you would give them anything they want? No you wouldn't... and your posts show you haven't been in that position.

The cream rises?

Walmart will more likely accept an abusive customer because they rely on the MAJORITY (not all) of their customers being lower income (and a lot of times lower class) to support their business model which they purposely designed that way. But they will call the police and have one escorted out in a heart beat too.

Go to a 'better' store such as Eddie Bauer and see how long a 'rep' will stand there getting yelled out. They won't accept it at all.

The more you try to argue your point, the more it sounds assinine. The majority here have commented you're wrong. You are NOT representative of a typical customer and you're just upset that you didn't 'get your way'.

I would never tell a customer to "calm down and speak civil". That's probably the worst thing you can do, in such emotionally heightened situations.
    Can you cite some examples where someone had a problem, was upset, you kindly resolved their complaint (ie removing the duplicate invoice), and they CONTINUED to be abbusive of the same issue? You then pointed out that the charge is valid and offered to resolve their problem with that charge by undoing the work that incurred that charge (which would cost you even more time and $$$)? And then that still wasn't good enough so the customer DEMANDED you not charge them for services they received AND REQUESTED?

I really doubt you have had that type of customer.... sure you always put yourself in the customers shoes and take into consideration that we ourselves get upset sometimes and expect sometime to resolve it. But when your issue is given an explanation, then a resolution and you STILL don't accept it, then there is nothing left to do.

Find what works for you, and run with that. There's no right or wrong support methodology here. There's what works for you, and what doesn't work for you.

There's no best support methodology. There's only the support methodology that works for you.

And for the record, yes, I know SimonMC from my days owning and consulting for HTTPme. He can be somewhat a slightly demanding client, but that's his perogative as a paying customer. That's more than fine with me.

For what it's worth, I think this thread has run its course.

Simon/Linda and Bob have set out their stall with the opinion that it's the customers right to persistently treat their provider like dirt.

I've set out my side with the opinion that the customer pays for hosting (or doesn't pay, which is what caused all this), not to abuse me or my staff. I also stand by what I said in that if a customer is unable to communicate without the unfounded hostility then maybe they are better suited elsewhere for their hosting.

Two differing opinions on which all concerned are probably best just agreeing to disagree on.

Find what works for you, and run with that. There's no right or wrong support methodology here. There's what works for you, and what doesn't work for you.
    What works for you is whatever lets you big note yourself more at any given time on WHT. It was alright for you to tell your client to calm down here http://httpme.com/showthread.php?threadid=8023 but today it doesn't "work for you".

I was speaking in general, but you turned it in to some personal attack by being a hypocrite about the matter. You need to get off forums for a breather.

Originally posted by MeatLoaf
    What works for you is whatever lets you big note yourself more at any given time on WHT.

Now we see the real motive behind your personal attack.
    It was alright for you to tell your client to calm down here http://httpme.com/showthread.php?threadid=8023 but today it doesn't "work for you".
    That was more than 2 years ago. Yes, I've learned a lot since then.

Originally posted by Jim_UK
    . . . Simon/Linda and Bob have set out their stall with the opinion that it's the customers right to persistently treat their provider like dirt.

Now Jim, that's putting words in my mouth. I never stated that it's ok for clients to treat their host "like dirt". Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Two differing opinions on which all concerned are probably best just agreeing to disagree on.
    I'll agree with that.

Simon,

I don't mean to defend clook in anyway but just looking at purely from customer service point of view...

I just feel like, from reading your post and Jim's reply, you were just trying to take advantage of clook and get a free dedicated ip. True that customer is, considered by most, always right and that we should do all we can to keep them happy. But if Jim/Clook were to provide you with the free dedicated ip just to keep you happy, where even some host would charge more than $2 per ip, then what would happen if every customer were unhappy like yourself? would that mean that if clook had 50 customer a month than they would have to give out 50 free ip every month?

just my 2c

I love the way this thread has skewed the whole review.

Jim says... we only have one ticket. Jim says I/We constantly abuse him. Err..sure Jim. What ever you say Jim.

I pointed out to Jim that there were in fact 3 tickets. Jim agreed. Jim confused by Jims confusing support system. Fact.

I told host to stop sending bills. Jims confusing web interface lead me to believe that the billing balls-up of Jims doing had been cleared. No..I didn't want to run off with a $2 ip address. Jims billing system is dodgy and has a tendency to bill at it's own will for who knows what. Fact

So there you have it. If you need support at clook always treble check to make sure the problem has been resoved. Always check your credit card statement as the biling system is haywire.

Simon
    Last edited by SimonMc; 10-23-2005 at 03:34 AM.

Jim says... we only have one ticket. Jim says I/We constantly abuse him.
    If a customer is unable to communicate without the unfounded hostility then maybe they are better suited elsewhere for their hosting. You've clearly set out that customer service over there in the states works with the client shouting at the provider to get things done so maybe you would be better at a host like this.

I pointed out to Jim that there were in fact 3 tickets. Jim agreed. Jim confused by Jims confusing support system. Fact.
    The same "confusing" support ticket system which UH use and you have nothing but good to say about.

Jims billing system is dodgy
    The same billing system that httpme use and you have nothing but good to say about.

Or is it the fact that it's got our name across the top and that's what you find bad about it? One I can do nothing about and isn't applicable to this discussion, the other I am all ears for feedback.

I told host to stop sending bills. Jims confusing web interface lead me to believe that the billing balls-up of Jims doing had been cleared.
    As you/Linda had been told *several* times, the SSL certificate install required a dedicated IP and this needed paying for as per the fee published on the site. This was stated in all three tickets and on the invoice itself but you still demanded the removal of the invoice in no ncertain terms. When asked for the number we got "who cares" in response. I can only see one thing being done which would have put a smile on your face and that's giving you the IP for free and removing the invoice... unfortunately that cannot be done so *whatever* I said or did, it would have made you more angry I'm pretty sure.

Always check your credit card statement as the biling system is haywire.
    Absolute rubbish. For a start, you're experienced enough in hosting and the internet to know how third party payment processors work. We do not store c/c details, we do not use c/c details at will and neither does our billing system. Worldpay handles this for us and we even go near an account and worldpay will email the customer to let them know. With this system there have been 1-2 minor problems in thousands and thousands of transactions. If you're now trying to scare people reading this into thinking we meddle with c/c details then you're way out of line.

Jim's (and Clook's) implementation of Kayako/Modernbill is better than any I've used.

I don't find it confusing. I think SimonMc you wanted the IP for free. Doesn't work like that and that's the deal from the outset.

Jim's just worked through a couple of support issues promptly and courtesously. Not bad for a Sunday afternoon when he could be relaxing.
    Bloory
    Watch this space...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast