hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Midphase & CPU

Forum Jump

Midphase & CPU

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2005, 05:04 AM

Question

Midphase & CPU

Hi forum,
excuse me the language, i speak italian and i don't speak english good;

I would want to have information in the detail about midphase and its behavior with web-site that consume the much band and much cpu. I am the webmaster of a web-site that consumes approximately 500gb of band montlhy (they say that offer limitless band) but often with this kind of hosting i am remained stolen with the CPU used (like on servage).

Someone of you uses on theirs hosting much CPU and has many hits as they behave themselves, I believe I will be able to catch up also 100,000 hits per hour, therefore before transferring I would want to know of (i would to have more information about)

… thanks a lot...

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2005, 05:12 AM
Web Hosting Master

If you need a lot of CPU you need to look at VPS or Dedicated. It sounds like your site is to big for shared

Old 10-21-2005, 05:20 AM

I know but in VPS server i don't have many bandwidth... I need about 500gb of data transfer...

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2005, 05:58 AM
The Geek is coming

You should be looking for a dedicated server. That is quite a lot of bandwidth for a shared environment.

Browse the dedicated offers section, you will find good deals

You can also try PowerVPS, they have a VPS plan which offers 500GB of bandwidth but it costs almost the same as a low-end dedicated server.

Old 10-21-2005, 06:07 AM

tnks WN-Ali for your anwer..

The problem is the I don't have many money to spend...

before Servage I was on an Italian hosting (Aruba.it) and it offers bandwidth and CPU that I don't found in any other hosting for now....

Now however I need to transfer for various motives the site on a foreign hosting however I have need to spend small prices and my demands they are not easy...

Old 10-21-2005, 06:28 AM
WHT Addict

I've seen some VPS plans with much of bandwidth (500 GB and more) but don't remember where. I believe if you'll search then you'll find them

P.S. Sorry for my poor English too

Edit: I made a little reasearch there:

512Mb RAM, 500 Gb of Transfer VPS-4
UNMETERED TRAFFIC, starts just from $29.99... I don't know about their quality

So, just make a reasearch

Old 10-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Web Hosting Master

If your site is using so much bandwidth, should it not support itself from revenue made from advertisers? Looks like you need to get some people to advertise, or cut down on bandwidth usage or your expenditure's pointless.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Retired Moderator

From http://www.midphase.com/html_files/terms_of_service.php
Quote:
11.3 CPU usage (or usage of the Central Processing Unit(s)) on the web server your account is hosted on is regulated as follows. Each account is allowed to use 10% of the CPU power at any given time. However, we do enforce and require that all accounts only use a reasonable amount of CPU at any given time. If your account is found to affect other clients on the server, or if your account causes the web server to slow down for any reason, we may suspend your account. We will notify you of this suspension, depending on the circumstances it may be after the suspension has been performed.

In this case, we may require that you either upgrade to a dedicated or semi-dedicated web hosting solution, or reduce the amount of load and traffic your web site receives. We may lock specific files or scripts if they are found to be overusing CPU on their own and notify you of this.

Any attempt to hide, mask or disguise your usage will result in immediate termination without refund for TOS violation.
Quote:
14.3 midPhase Unmetered Bandwidth Policy
midPhase provides Unmetered bandwidth for Mega-PHASE, Xtra-PHASE and Pro-PHASE customers. Because of the potential for abuse, midPhase has put into place the following policy which governs the use of our Unmetered Bandwidth Policy.

There are two classifications for midPhase-hosted websites. These are:
a. Unmetered Eligible, and
b. Unmetered Ineligible

To be classified as "Eligible" your website must follow the following rules:

* 90% or more of your images, download files, etc. must be linked from an HTML or equivalent web page that is accessible to the public.
* Your website is comprised mostly of web pages, and images used on those pages.
* Your website is NOT primarily designed to provide files for download.
* Your website is NOT adult in nature.

If your website is any of the following, it will be Ineligible for Unmetered Bandwidth and will be provide a bandwidth limit of 60 GB per month for Mega-PHASE, 65 GB per month for Xtra-PHASE or 75 GB per month for Pro-PHASE.

* If your website is a download website (designed primarily to provide files for download by visitors,) or is an adult website, a website comprised of an image gallery only, a website which contains a message board as its primary 'attraction' or any websites that contain shopping carts with over one hundred items are not eligible (ineligible) for Unmetered Bandwidth and will be assigned limits as stipulated above.

* Unmetered Bandwidth Increases. All midPhase accounts will start with their normal packages bandwidth limit. Once you have used 80% of your bandwidth, simply contact tech support for an increase. At this time, we will verify the type of account you are on and insure that you are eligible for unmetered bandwidth and then increase it by an equal-to-original increment.
I agree with Jeff - Exceed, with that kind of traffic you should try (and probably easily be able) to make the site pay for itself. It's either that or pay from your own pocket.

500Gb means dedicated server to me, unless you're simply serving files for download.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:57 AM

the problem is that i don't have ever user a dedicated server and I don't know how use it....

I need a simple service where I upload the site and all work good..

My budjet is about 100$/month..

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Midphase Listing 2014-04-20 02:31:40
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – August 2, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-08-02 12:51:56
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – June 14, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-06-14 12:49:01
MidPhase Launches Line of Managed Cloud Servers Web Hosting News 2013-05-15 13:47:19
Web Host Midphase Launches Client Perks Program to Provide Exclusive Deals Web Hosting News 2012-12-19 15:01:46