Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Unixshell - Horrible Support / Incompetent Owner

Unixshell continues to give me more problems, and I've decided that due to how I have not received a response to my ticket for over 140 + hours that I now qualify to come here and post my problem

Before I start however:

Originally posted by TheWiseOne
    <rant> It seems customers are using WHT now as Tier 1 support rather than the Tier 4 everyone has previously used it for. *sigh* </rant>
    Too bad Matt, your incompetence has resulted in me waiting for over 140 hours for your response. Instead of posting that ďrantĒ you should have responded to my ticket in your queue. Honestly, the objective of this is to bring out "in the open" problems with Unixshell's current business structure, from setup time to support services to the owner himself.

The truth is Matt, I have asked for assistance from you in other ways, utilizing Tier 1 support (i.e. filing ticket IDs 14752 and 15772), Tier 2 support (posting for help on WHT http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=453257 ), and Tier 3 support (private messaging you on both your own forums and these, and also asking on your forums why it is taking so long for your response). This Matt is Tier 4 support, this is when I come to WHT with evidence and expose the problems in the core of your company, (i.e. bad setup, bad support, incompetent owner). So Matt, don't try and pin this one on me. I tried my best on your forums to get other peoples attention about these types of issues, but was just shot down due to my prior tickets were "low priority" so they deserved wait times of 4 or 5 days with zero communication.

Letís discuss the problem here at core. You can reference the following thread (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=453257) to understand it in-depth, however, the overall problem is that I have a corrupted disk on a VM, and your single user mode does not work. This qualifies for a support ticket, as not only is something not working which I have zero control over via console, but it is also something I believe was caused by one of your recent host reboots.

So, letís discuss a timeline of events after this support ticket.

--------------

Friday, October 14th , I filed a support ticket at 10:11 PM stating the following:

"Hello,

I am having a major problem on my VPS

" EXT3-fs: INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem.
    EXT3-fs: write access will be enabled during recovery.
    kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
    EXT3-fs: sd(8,1): orphan cleanup on readonly fs
    EXT3-fs: sd(8,1): 5 orphan inodes deleted
    EXT3-fs: recovery complete.
    EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
    VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) readonly.
    Freeing unused kernel memory: 60k freed "

It appears that my partition is corrupted. It attempts to repair but then fails,
    locking it down to read only mode. Single User Mode doesnít help either,
    resulting in the same problem

Is there anything which can be done about this? This server was just sitting
    there hosting static websites, I donít understand what could have happened

Thanks"

--------------

Saturday the 15th , the ticket was assigned to one of your Level1 "engineers", and then reassigned 40 seconds later to you. I received no notice of why this occurred, so I responded asking what happened here.

--------------

Sunday the 16th, I receive a response from "David Ky" stating:

"Our apologies for the delay in returning a written response..an engineer placed
    your ticket into Matt's queue to look at, as we are not sure if we can actually
    diagnose your problem at the moment."

--------------

17th - 20th, I continue to request a response from Matt or anyone. On the 19th I write a ticket stating:

"Reference ticket #14752

Explain why it is taking so long for a response to be generated

Over 120 hours have gone since ticket was submitted"

--------------

I have received zero response since

What I find interesting is that Matt can sign-on to WHT and his own forums and defend himself against other comments about Unixshell / Tektonic (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=447519) or (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=452948). My favorite however is how he says

This is completely false. I just took a look at our unixshell# sales queue and not a single ticket was opened over 3 days ago with a response no longer than 2 days ago....
    Perhaps he should have checked his support queue at the same time. He has a ticket thatís now 6 days old

If anyone else cares to comment, please let me know. Matt can't seem to do anything except become a hypocrite by claiming he does one thing on the forums but yet doesnít in the real world. I know he has seen my ticket; he is too busy though working on that IPS and his new dedicated server line to care though. After all, whatís a 27$ a month customer mean anyways, right? I'm sure it will magically be taken care of as soon as he sees this ticket and begins to defend himself, claiming I did something work or the ticket system didnít work. We will see I guess!
    Last edited by BrandonSCSN; 10-20-2005 at 06:11 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I had the same problem a while ago. Zero support, and Matt hiding from a number of his customers.

PowerVPS. All the things I never got from Tecktonic, notification of upgrades and reboots, stability, and above all, response to the one ticket I have had to post (OK, so one ticket is not enough to be truly subjective, but I'm sure you get the picture).

Normally I would not continue to be so negative about a guy or business, but Matt and Tektonic left me high and dry, purposefully ignored me and others, causing my business harm.

Its sad to say, that both our experiences are not unique. If its just a test, or vanity site, I guess you can tolerate the kind of support you are getting. If you are trying to run a business, I can only suggest you move. Fast. There is no point in continuing a relationship with a business that is not going to povide the services you contract it to.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't like games very much, but I can already feel that Matt is going to completely ignore this thread and I'm going to need to "play" to get his attention. I still remember how u2mike was when his company got sold, zero communication

In response to OMaHTLD, thanks alot for agreeing with me regarding the current situation. I'm not running a business off of this VPS. Its just a small server for a radio station feed I'm managing for free for a few local people. I also have a few free clients on it, and would like to keep their files from being destroyed in a possible reformat (hence why I am holding on and hoping someone gets around to helping me)

If anyone else has any ideas, I would appriciate them

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Since Unixshell is also selling dedicated servers, I would like to know from a mod if I can post a link from the Dedicated Servers forum over to this topic.

I think it would be important for everyone to know about these potential problems
      0 Not allowed!

I was hoping to utilize unixshell as an upgrade from my previous provider. Signing up has been nothing but a nightmare. I typed my address wrongly (reflex action from all the other sites I sign up asking for an address) and recieved a high fraud score as a result. Wouldn't have been a problem, except that they didn't tell me a single thing, took 2ish tickets to even get a "looking into" response.

In the meantime, tickets were silently closed, moved, or required follow ups to even elict a response. When I've been (finally) told that my address was invalid, I fixed it, threw back a ticket only to be told that they are undergoing maintance. Wouldn't normally be a problem either, until they responded to my enquiry on status and further instructions with a ticket closure.

Highly dissapointing. They were offering a very nice service, and I thought after the recent fiasco, and after Matt's posts indicating that things are going to change, I would at least be able to enjoy a nice quiet VPS.
      0 Not allowed!

Brandon,

You must understand what service you have. unixshell# is based entirely on the UN-MANAGED support principle. This may be a VPS, but let's see how this compares to dedicateds.

If you rent an un-managed dedicated server and the filesystem corrupts they are no doubt going to want to reload it and charge for that. Our system allows you to reinstall whenever you like. In additional we allow snapshots to be taken and then be restored.

Your FS is corrupt. You know this. The fsck/mount programs in your VPS are the same as we have, there is no magic wand over here. David should have never escalated to me, especially without me knowing about it. He simply should have told you to restore from snapshot or reload and restore from your own backup. This is simply something he must be told once and then in the future the staff will be able to deal with it in a better manner.

You signed up for an un-managed service and that is what you got. You are able to get your VPS back up whenever you like by using the methods i've stated. I you read the unixshell# website nowhere do we pretend to offer support, much rather good support as part of the standard plans.

FS corruption can happen in many ways, if you searched our own forum you would see others experience similar problems and they state they see it happen on both VPS and dedicateds.

To finish, I really should state somewhere that I will not be monitoring WHT as often as I do in the future. I have found out that by replying to customers on here that use it as a support medium it encourages others to just move the momentum forward for that purpose. I'm very sorry to have to say this, I know I will get the "but you built part of your business off of Web Hosting Talk". That is correct, albeit not a substantial part. If I were to personally go by posts on here i'd say we do a sometimes good and sometimes poor job, but if I look at real numbers such as sign-up rates and client retention numbers i'd say we're at the top of the pack (and why no doubt there are so many threads concerning us here). This is not a set in stone decision, I just think it is best for me to better cope with my workload.

Over the next few month we are hiring a few more people and I may assign one as "WHT Liason" for our brands, but until then you will need to use our support desk and forums. It is with a heavy heart I must state this as I think WHT has much potential to help web hosting consumers.

Thank you!
    Matt Ayres - togglebox.com
    Linux and Windows Cloud Virtual Datacenters powered by Onapp / Xen
    Instant Setup, Instant Scalability, Full Lifecycle Hosting Solutions

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

Follow-up to inferis:

If you are who I think you are you listed your st address, city, state, and country as "Singapore" which is already a high risk country. I know our sales guy asked me specifically about that account and my thought was if you refused to provide accurate billing information at sign-up the possible troubles in the future far outway the benefit of having the additional customer.

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

Since I will not be around I also wanted to follow-up regarding the u2mike / VPSeasy fiasco. They tried to undercut us AND provide support. I am well versed in economics and envisioned the demise of that one failing as soon as I saw it. It is reasons like this why we have un-managed plans and have provided total control for our users.

Guess who will still be in business in 3 years, us or those who try to undercut us AND provide full support?

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

Other then the incorrect billing address, Singapore for country, state and city is correct. Deciding not to accept my account is one thing, not informing me, nor providing follow up, nor attempting to perform further verification and instead ignoring my numerous request for status updates?
      0 Not allowed!

Matt,

I disagree with your simplistic approach of reformatting. I know there are no "magic tools", however, I do know when one of my dedicateds goes bad at a DC they boot it with a "LiveCD" and can run fsck via that. You can't expect me to believe that the only option when disk corruption occurs is complete format. Oh yeah, when FS corruption occurs on the host.... you reformat right? I mean there are no host backups, so that MUST be the only option based on what you've told me.

....they state they see it happen on both VPS and dedicateds

Yeah, I looked at your forums. Looked like you were the one emphaising the fact that it happens on both.

David should have never escalated to me, especially without me knowing about it

Hey, thanks for making my point that your business is unorganized and there is zero collaboration regarding issues going on "behind the scenes"! Most businesses have meetings, you know, to go over problems, critical data, new systems / products....yeah.

filesystem corrupts they are no doubt going to want to reload it and charge for that

Yeah, it runs me about 40$ an hour for them to run a fsck via the LiveCD. Its not a reformat though, completly different from what you suggested

nowhere do we pretend to offer support, much rather good support as part of the standard plans

Your statement is overall incorrect in terms of grammer. It looks like you are saying you don't offer support, and of course not good support. Anyways, on your own site you do state that for "Advanced Issues" I can pay you 10$. Who said I wouldn't? (Thats support by the way)
      0 Not allowed!

Since I will not be around I also wanted to follow-up regarding the u2mike / VPSeasy fiasco. They tried to undercut us AND provide support. I am well versed in economics and envisioned the demise of that one failing as soon as I saw it. It is reasons like this why we have un-managed plans and have provided total control for our users.

Guess who will still be in business in 3 years, us or those who try to undercut us AND provide full support?
    Wow. PR / Marketing in a thread which is explaining whats wrong with your company.

Nice work, brush up on those economics classes and then go learn all about public relations

Of course, the best part is that you continue to remind us you won't be around. How many times have you said that now?
      0 Not allowed!

inferis: Yes, exactly. Singapore is already a high risk country. I know Ryan in sales responded to you in a timely manner regarding your account being canceled. He literally sits a few feet from me.

Brandon:

quote: ....they state they see it happen on both VPS and dedicateds

Yeah, I looked at your forums. Looked like you were the one emphaising the fact that it happens on both.
    Look again, I suggested it was due to performing a snapshot on a running VM. Other customers are who reported seeing the same symptoms on dedicated servers.

quote: David should have never escalated to me, especially without me knowing about it

Hey, thanks for making my point that your business is unorganized and there is zero collaboration regarding issues going on "behind the scenes"! Most businesses have meetings, you know, to go over problems, critical data, new systems / products....yeah.
    We make efforts to keep everyone in sync, but David works weekends. I don't think unorganized is quite the word. It was a mistake. Humans make mistakes. I will personally apologize that our support staff is not always perfect (on a side note, David has been praised many times as one our most knowledgable techs).

quote:filesystem corrupts they are no doubt going to want to reload it and charge for that

Yeah, it runs me about 40$ an hour for them to run a fsck via the LiveCD. Its not a reformat though, completly different from what you suggested
    You cannot fsck from your VPS? If the fs is in a savable state fsck should still run, you may just need to specify an alternate superblock. We can technically run fsck on the host, but not have found ay cases where a host fsck does better than a fsck inside the VPS. If anything it is sometimes worse due to conflicting e2fsprogs.

quote:nowhere do we pretend to offer support, much rather good support as part of the standard plans

Your statement is overall incorrect in terms of grammer. It looks like you are saying you don't offer support, and of course not good support. Anyways, on your own site you do state that for "Advanced Issues" I can pay you 10$. Who said I wouldn't? (Thats support by the way)
    I will restate. Some of our plans are un-managed. It means we provide access to the user with enough control to shoot themselves in the foot. We look after the hosts/network and provide uptime guarantees for these. After the account is setup anything inside the VPS is out of our hands. I know this is a new concept in the VPS market, but it is not much different than how some dedicated providers have run (ie. EV1, who also received their share of flack in the past).

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

No.. I did *not* get a response in a *timely* manner. 1 day to know that my account has a high fraud score, and another day to know the reason why. Don't you think I should have gotten a response when you cancelled the service? And you could have responded through the ticketing system from day 1 instead of me having to chase for 2 days before uncereminously told that your systems are full/busy/under maintance.
      0 Not allowed!

Wow. PR / Marketing in a thread which is explaining whats wrong with your company.

Nice work, brush up on those economics classes and then go learn all about public relations

Of course, the best part is that you continue to remind us you won't be around. How many times have you said that now?
    I mentioned that since you wanted to bring u2mike / vpseasy into this. As far as the last statement, I think I always remind people we WILL be around for years to come. Nowhere do I remember saying we're going to jump ship.

Pleae, I don't see any reason for this to go on. I highly recommend just reloading / restoring your VPS. On the forum and wiki I try to stress how important backups are and that users are vulnerable to data loss. I have this as a sticky thread in our forum and also have a link to an automated rdiff-backup howto on the wiki. Other users have also shared their experiences with their own backup methods.

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

inferis: Yes, exactly. Singapore is already a high risk country. I know Ryan in sales responded to you in a timely manner regarding your account being canceled. He literally sits a few feet from me.

Brandon:

Look again, I suggested it was due to performing a snapshot on a running VM. Other customers are who reported seeing the same symptoms on dedicated servers.

We make efforts to keep everyone in sync, but David works weekends. I don't think unorganized is quite the word. It was a mistake. Humans make mistakes. I will personally apologize that our support staff is not always perfect (on a side note, David has been praised many times as one our most knowledgable techs).

You cannot fsck from your VPS? If the fs is in a savable state fsck should still run, you may just need to specify an alternate superblock. We can technically run fsck on the host, but not have found ay cases where a host fsck does better than a fsck inside the VPS. If anything it is sometimes worse due to conflicting e2fsprogs.

I will restate. Some of our plans are un-managed. It means we provide access to the user with enough control to shoot themselves in the foot. We look after the hosts/network and provide uptime guarantees for these. After the account is setup anything inside the VPS is out of our hands. I know this is a new concept in the VPS market, but it is not much different than how some dedicated providers have run (ie. EV1, who also received their share of flack in the past).

The idea that the system is unmanaged is not a problem to me. I recongize that with my other dedicateds, and espically with colos. However, I do have 24/7 remote hands, so I guess that changes the game a tad for me.

Regarding the fsck, I can't get past that screen at the boot, as the system freezes / stalls there. Single User Mode also doesn't work. Would you mind telling me if I you can run some utility from the host (what I was orginally expecting when I filed that ticket) to fix this before I reformat Matt? You just mentioned you could. However, you previousally insulted me acting as if I expected "magic tools". FSCK from the host isnt a magic tool to me.
      0 Not allowed!

I mentioned that since you wanted to bring u2mike / vpseasy into this. As far as the last statement, I think I always remind people we WILL be around for years to come. Nowhere do I remember saying we're going to jump ship.

Pleae, I don't see any reason for this to go on. I highly recommend just reloading / restoring your VPS. On the forum and wiki I try to stress how important backups are and that users are vulnerable to data loss. I have this as a sticky thread in our forum and also have a link to an automated rdiff-backup howto on the wiki. Other users have also shared their experiences with their own backup methods.
    Matt,

This VPS is a bunch of "free" clients and a shoutcast client. Nothing to backup. If I can get their files back, I will, if not, thats that.

Overall, most companies dont tell their investors (yeah, we are investing in you, even though its not thru stock - Economics) that they are planning on jumping ship.
    Last edited by BrandonSCSN; 10-21-2005 at 12:44 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

OK -- for no charge I did investigate just to see if it was something that could have been caused on our end.

It appears something is with the ext3 filesystem format that is not working with the 2.4 kernel. Switching to the 2.6 kernel boots without any problems. There is no filesystem corruption and no data loss. I'd like to note all across our forums the 2.6 is highly recommended over the 2.4 kernel except for the "gotta have it" situation.

It is things like this that do not fall under our support. In the same way as with an un-managed dedicated server.

So back to the thread topic, is is the unixshell# owner incompetent?

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

Hey,

I used the kernal recommended for CentOS 3.4 on the OS Install List

Perhaps you want to update that?
      0 Not allowed!

If you do a fresh install of CentOS 3.4 and use the 2.4 kernel it works just fine. Something needs to be done inside the VPS for it to cause the problem you have. What exactly that is, I cannot say.

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

Correct,

But you just stated 2.6 is highly recommended.

Why does your install list continue to reflect 2.4 as recommended?
      0 Not allowed!

2.6 has been benchmarked to be over 100% faster than 2.4 with Xen. We recommend 2.4 with CentOS 3.x as that is what is shipped with it in stock form. Same reason is we recommend 2.6 kernel for CentOS 4.x. Most distributions ship with 2.6 as the stock kernel so it is recommend for most. I personally recommend 2.6 for all distributions, but for prior stated reasons we will recommend 2.4 for a few select distros.

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

It is worth emphasizing again that Unixshell#'s VPS are LOW-COST, NO FRILLS, and UNMANAGED. With that in mind, customers need to perform regular off-site backups and/or off-line snapshots, so they could re-build their VPS themselves in a matter of minutes without any help from Unixshell#. Such "self-help" approach is plainly evident from their public forum where many Xen VPS problems are discussed and solved. If you require a higher level of support, then pay more for a company that provides fully managed VPS (like LiquidWeb).

Unixshell#'s support ends when the customer can re-image their VPS with an OS and successfully boot into it. Unixshell# isn't responsible for customers messing up their VPS afterwards. I predict there will be more Unixshell# complaints in the future because people just don't understand what UNMANAGED means.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Yikes2000
    It is worth emphasizing again that Unixshell#'s VPS are LOW-COST, NO FRILLS, and UNMANAGED. With that in mind, customers need to perform regular off-site backups and/or off-line snapshots, so they could re-build their VPS themselves in a matter of minutes without any help from Unixshell#. Such "self-help" approach is plainly evident from their public forum where many Xen VPS problems are discussed and solved. If you require a higher level of support, then pay more for a company that provides fully managed VPS (like LiquidWeb).

Unixshell#'s support ends when the customer can re-image their VPS with an OS and successfully boot into it. Unixshell# isn't responsible for customers messing up their VPS afterwards. I predict there will be more Unixshell# complaints in the future because people just don't understand what UNMANAGED means.
    Don't get ahead of your self there buddy.

Unixshell I completly understand is unmanaged. I keep free customers there and a Shoutcast host to make life easier

At the same time, your site DOES specify that I CAN pay you for diagnosing a problem / solving it. You cant deny that. It specifies the price on the "Pricing" page.

This is what I am talking about. If Matt had responded, simply saying "Not covered, pay x$ for diagnosis", I would have been happy. Instead I had to wait 150+ hours for any answer.

Unacceptable
      0 Not allowed!

Brandon,

Yikes2000 is not an employee, he's just a customer of ours.

As far as the ticket, I can see it's open to interpretation but it is essentially a consulting fee. A flat rate consulting fee. When I think of it in my head it's something we can vouche to offer/perform as addition, but makes no guarantees or promises.

I do want to note you posted to our forum to ask where support was. If you would have posted your problem there you very likely would have gotten a response from one of our users for free. Many highly skilled people frequent the forum daily.

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know what the $10 (one-time) support ticket covers, but you shouldn't assume the $10 obligates them to "diagnose the problem / solving it" for you. Considering other companies charge $75+ per hour for sysadmin work, I don't see $10 buying that much. Even if you're willing to pay Unixshell# $75+ per hour to fix this problem, they can still decline the work (too busy, not enough staff, too complex of a problem, etc).

You sumbitted a support ticket asking for help that they clearly state they don't cover on their web site (under "Support"). That's the cause of this fiasco. Unixshell# could have replied sooner with "sorry, we can't help you." It still doesn't justify you calling their support horrible and Matt incompetent.
      0 Not allowed!

If you sign up on an unmanaged plan somewhere and you lose your stuff, IT'S YOUR FAULT for not having a backup. Period.
      0 Not allowed!

This was taken from "About" http://www.unixshell.com/index.php?page=about

unixshell# is a service from TekTonic, one of the leading providers of Virtual Private Servers. Management noticed that many technically oriented customers were signing up who required little or no support and wanted a virtual server that was more capable of the duties a real dedicated server could perform.

With this idea in mind new technologies were researched and a business plan designed to develop a product targeted for these customers. If users don't require support from their hosting company, they shouldn't have to pay for it. This idea is why unixshell# was founded. With unixshell# you receive high quality service, but at a much lower price due to very low support costs.

If you are interested in a VPS, but require high quality support we recommend you consider TekTonic as your provider.
    Where do you draw the line? Spending, let's say, an hour a day replying to questions which obviously are not covered in the subscribed for plan is just ridiculous. It seems the whole concept is to "follow the rules." It doesn't matter if it's a VPS or dedicated, if you can't maintain the server then you best get someone who can at an extra cost. Makes sense to me. Why don't you try calling someone such as "Computer Geeks" and ask them to solve your problems for free... Good Luck!
    Just my 2 cents

Edit: Computer Geeks=Geek Squad (Don't pay attention to comercials)
    Last edited by NiXtreme; 10-21-2005 at 02:42 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I do want to note you posted to our forum to ask where support was. If you would have posted your problem there you very likely would have gotten a response from one of our users for free. Many highly skilled people frequent the forum daily.
    I posted my problem here, and thousands of "highly skilled people" come here also
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by dirtbag
    If you sign up on an unmanaged plan somewhere and you lose your stuff, IT'S YOUR FAULT for not having a backup. Period.
    Buddy,

I'm not going to make backups of my free clients or a Shoutcast configuration file.

That would be a waste of time. My free clients know what they face, and I know that there is always a possibility of data loss.

I work in enviorments where systems like RAID6 (no, not RAID5) is used. Data backup is normal to me, and I over see a cluster of MS SQL servers doing dumps everyday
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by iConch
    Why don't you try calling someone such as "Computer Geeks" and ask them to solve your problems for free... Good Luck!
    Just my 2 cents

Edit: Computer Geeks=Geek Squad (Don't pay attention to comercials)
    Heh.

They don't support Linux.

And second, I already work as a IT Systems Consultant. Sure, Linux isnt my "world", and I work primarly on Windows boxes (OH NO!!). However, I'm not going to bother sitting around diagonising a free customers system. If I can pay Matt or Unixshell to do it, I will. They claim to offer it.

If Matt can't "guarentee" that the service he offers on his pricing page is avaiable then he shouldnt be offering it at all
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Yikes2000
    It still doesn't justify you calling their support horrible and Matt incompetent.
    Heres the legal definition of incompetant:

"A person who has been determined by a court of law to be unable to make and articulate rational decisions."

Now, search these forums, search Unixshells forums, read about the number of outages caused by Matt wanting to install a new IPS this month, and then come back.

Matt choose to risk customers uptime to install an enhancement. He should have done it after hours (number one) and should have notified his customers (number two)
      0 Not allowed!

I'm actually working on choice now. Just today I have contacted many server management companies / consultants and have had many replies back. This will give the user choice in who they want to purchase support from.

Think of it as a carrier-neutral support facility

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

I'm actually working on choice now. Just today I have contacted many server management companies / consultants and have had many replies back. This will give the user choice in who they want to purchase support from.

Think of it as a carrier-neutral support facility
    More outsourced work.

Hopefully they reply fast.

At least I will have CHOICE.

In the future will they be able to ask you to run a FSCK on the host, or will I still have to fight for that one?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by BrandonSCSN
    Buddy,

I'm not going to make backups of my free clients or a Shoutcast configuration file.

That would be a waste of time. My free clients know what they face, and I know that there is always a possibility of data loss.

I work in enviorments where systems like RAID6 (no, not RAID5) is used. Data backup is normal to me, and I over see a cluster of MS SQL servers doing dumps everyday
    Then what's the issue here? If you're such a backup stud and your VM is down because you don't want to restore it, then who's fault is that? You seem to just be pissed cause you expect everything for nothing and some provider who sold you an unmanaged plan didn't kiss your *** and bail you out of your own mess. If you can't take care of your own stuff, then pay for truly managed service, or STFUAQW already. Going on a tirade and spewing propaganda over your piddly little "issue" about a service that you were very well aware from the beginning was unmanaged is just assinine on your part. If you don't know wtf you are doing then find someone who does to run your "business" for your "free clients". If I ran unixshell, I'd ban your *** for all eternity and sue your *** for libel, but that's just me... I have a low tolerance for whiney trolls.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by dirtbag
    Then what's the issue here? If you're such a backup stud and your VM is down because you don't want to restore it, then who's fault is that? You seem to just be pissed cause you expect everything for nothing and some provider who sold you an unmanaged plan didn't kiss your *** and bail you out of your own mess. If you can't take care of your own stuff, then pay for truly managed service, or STFUAQW already. Going on a tirade and spewing propaganda over your piddly little "issue" about a service that you were very well aware from the beginning was unmanaged is just assinine on your part. If you don't know wtf you are doing then find someone who does to run your "business" for your "free clients". If I ran unixshell, I'd ban your *** for all eternity and sue your *** for libel, but that's just me... I have a low tolerance for whiney trolls.
    If I could actually comprehend this rant, I would take the time to respond
      0 Not allowed!

tektonic.net has non existent support

I tested a vms with tektonic.net / unixshell

- I sent 5 emails to tektonic support when vms was enabled. That was Oct 16, 2005

- it is now Oct 23, and no reply to all emails

---

- i made apost on their forums complaining about lack of support. oddly, approx 11 minutes after my post, a user named matty or similar deleted my post.

---

still no answer from support.

im leaving tektonic because they have the worst service ive ever seen

and not to mention the 3 or 4 outages in 8 days with the virtual server

terrible.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, as I actually stated earlier in this thread I will delete worthless posts from our forum (for those wondering, the user posted exactly what they posted here). There is no way for me to know who you are, but a quick look at TekTonic Support queue shows 11 tickets open. I don't know who you are or what tickets are yours and the forum post did not really say much except "I was not responded to". Out of the 11 none are from more than a single user so it's highly doubtful you have 5 open tickets right now as you claim.

P.S.: I like how you just went and posted in 2 other threads with an almost identical post in all threads to bring you up to 7 post counts... Mods, please, we can't allow this kind of stuff here. We're already suspicious of competitors creating stooge accounts here and this very likely looks like another.

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

- to be honest, you are very fast to reply to these forums, howcome you cant answer your support@ emails?

- alot of customers are complaining of your service , not just me

- please answer your support@ emails so that you can better serve your potential customers.

- you are spending money on google adwords, and you still wont answer your support@ email box.

- that is unbelievable that your customers have to result in posting to other forums to get your attention.

- dont you think ?
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not a support person primarily, 7 staff members handle support. I come on here as a community liason. The support department looks fine to me, the open tickets are all being worked on or waiting for customer reply.

I like how you state in this thread you have 5 open tickets which I don't see, you state in another thread you canceled (so why do would you be contacting support?), the account 'customer101' created on our forum does not have an e-mail address that matches anything even close in our biling system and the IP it was accessed through is a proxy server.

I am still calling stooge on this one people.

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

I just emailed you again, with our customer id.

- do you think I would waste my time trying to track you down If I wasnt a customer?

----

-NOTE: the support request is generic, does not involve access to our vps which is why this is so upsetting.

- we simply need the login details for our virtuozzo power panel, and have been emailing since Oct 16th when the account was created

---

- let me know if you can get that info to us as we have been unable to properly manage our vps with your company

- simply the virtuozzo power panel login details.

check your support@ email.
    Last edited by ibiza4000; 10-23-2005 at 11:40 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast