Domain name pawn shop

I am not affiliated with these folks. Please move if its in the wrong forum.

digipawn.com

It was only a matter of time. Get cash using your domain name as collateral. You have to give them control of your domain registration (they change your account/password), sign over rights to your website content, and pay minimum finance charges & fees every 30 days @ 15% interest/month (180%/year APR) - or lose your domain and content.

These are the people with the OBNOXIOUS talking ad that's driving everyone nuts over at dnforum.

Losing content is what backups are for.

You could argue that your account was hijacked
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

Originally posted by sea otter
    These are the people with the OBNOXIOUS talking ad that's driving everyone nuts over at dnforum.

You have to admit that "controversial" ad campaigns are very often SUCCESSFUL ad campaigns; and this particular one may have been *calculated*. LOL!
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Re: Domain name pawn shop

Originally posted by virginia
    I am not affiliated with these folks. Please move if its in the wrong forum.

digipawn.com

It was only a matter of time. Get cash using your domain name as collateral. You have to give them control of your domain registration (they change your account/password), sign over rights to your website content, and pay minimum finance charges & fees every 30 days @ 15% interest/month (180%/year APR) - or lose your domain and content.
    Gotta give these folks credit... i'd imagine there is a large market out there for this type of service.

I am sure not all domain names would qualify. They must have pretty strict requirements on the quality of the domain name for this type of service.
    Domain Maven

high traffic

I believe their primary concern is how much traffic you get. Their control panel for pawning domains has shown up as blank for a long time, though. Honestly, though, I haven't tried to hard to check them regularly, as I only signed up for an account because it was a novelty and I wanted to see what they had available for sale. It seems to me that its probably just a speculator looking for people willing to let go of high traffic names cheap. Can't blame them for that, though.

I have never heard of anyone using them
    Domain Maven

We mostly look for large portfolios or domain names with revenue or generic names.

We recently purchased yo.com for 55k as it was 2 letter name.

Please submit the sites to digipawn if you want to, or just shoot me a PM with the description and well get back to you in maximum of 24 hours.

Originally posted by wizviv
    We mostly look for large portfolios or domain names with revenue or generic names.

We recently purchased yo.com for 55k as it was 2 letter name.

Please submit the sites to digipawn if you want to, or just shoot me a PM with the description and well get back to you in maximum of 24 hours.
    Nice to hear from the digipawn people directly, but you guys certainly do more than just buying domain names outright, eh?
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Ofcourse Nameslave . Thats how we survive .

You must be owning some gems too, try submitting them.