15 types of log files in DirectAdmin, what do they all mean?

Back to square one: I am learning my way around dedicated boxes and having a great time(sometimes). One of the things I am trying to figure out is what all the various log files mean and how I can make sense of them.

I use DirectAdmin and under Admin Level > Log Viewer I see a drop down of 15 different types of log's.
    Ex.
    Cron Log - /var/log/cron
    DirectAdmin Drror Log - /var/log/directadmin/error.log
    Apache Access Log - /var/log/httpd/access_log
    and so on.

Q: Is there an easy place that lists what all these logs are and what it all means?

Q: The other day my Apache Access Log was a few meg's in size, now it's 0.00KB. When/how do the logs get reset?

Thank for the help, this forum is such a great place learn from.
    The New Newbie

Well first thing i would say is go to the directadmin forums, those guys are pretty helpfull there, second most logs are exactly what they say. Your cron log is a log of all your scheduled cron jobs on the machine and DA error log is reporting any errors that DA encountered maybe something a user did wrong or something, next your apache log access log is exactly that , some of the logs are set to rotate via a cron job either once a week or everyday in which case when a new log is started it would be empty and if your server isnt seeing that much traffic your logs are going to be small.

Hope this helps.
    SuperiorWebWorks
    24X7 Online & Telephone Support
    Shared, Dedicated & Co-Location Hosting.

The log files are pretty self explanatory.

Cron log - log file for all cronjobs
    DA Error log - error log for DA related issues
    Apache access log - http server log

Your access gets rotated and it depends on what you have set in the logrotate config file. This prevents it from ballooning out of control. Rotate quicker if you have an active server, or slower if you don't. Up to you and that config file.