Unmetered Bandwidth and Space ???

Hello,

Moments ago I saw the banner AD on WHT and when I clicked on it, I was taken to this site (url below). They offer Unmetered space and bandwidth!! Anyone hosted with them? I tried to reach their live response. It shows online but then says nobody available.

I am wondering, can I get 2Tb space and 5Tb bandwidth from them a month?

http://www.surfspeedy.com/shared_hosting/index.htm

Thx!
      0 Not allowed!

Read the TOS. I would imagine it is very tight and will not allow a great deal of space or bandwidth to be used without having to upgrade.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof
      0 Not allowed!

SurfSpeedy is one of the larger companies and I'm surprised to see that they have a package like this.

Look in their TOS for stipulations as usually unmetered is really unmetered. There are also restrictions for how much stress you can put on the server.

So to answer your question: no.
      0 Not allowed!

Their reseller plan seems to be limiting the space but not the shared!
      0 Not allowed!

Its just a marketing ploy in a lot of ways. People take notice of unmetered over lets say 2gb of space for the same price. Even though it could very well be that you will never be allowed to use that much space on the unmetered plan...
    Greg Lubbelinkhof
      0 Not allowed!

I did a search of their terms of service, they don't seem to have been changed for the plan yet, they also seem to have removed the link from the bottom of the page, I had to go through several pages to get to their tos.
    Bad sign in my opinion...but I haven't heard too many negative comments on surfspeedy. As long as it doesn't bring down their level of service (and I'm sure they'll enforce a system resources policy very strictly) then it's just slightly deceiving.
      0 Not allowed!

This has already been discussed in the suggestions forum and the topic was closed because some people were pointing out that Inet has a double standard on what is acceptable advertising depending on whether or not you have the money to pay.
      0 Not allowed!

There is no such things as unmetered! Someone has to pay for the bandwidth, disk drives, etc.

Unlimited = Bad.
      0 Not allowed!

unmetered is not = to unlimited. whereas unlimited is just plain stupid and unmetered can in some instances make sense.

Quick note, you found their TOS, if you should decide to give them a try, make sure to save a copy of there terms while you are with them, even if they may have the right to change on a whim, it can be interesting reading a year from now when you start moving serious data on an oversold server. I do belive TOS (Hardcopy) should be sent when updated and once upon a time had someone make a switch in thier terms that favored them, I came up with my copy which meant no more than thiers, they were both html files easily modified. Just a note...
    Server$Hit.com Reseller/Hosting For Real People
    WebHostingAccess Trial Accounts Upon Request
    www.ForALaugh.com Get over IT Get over yourself
    Yahoo IM: concreteseller | Toll Free Support: 1-888-603-5305 | Like the Maytag repairman
      0 Not allowed!

It's just another marketing scheme and nothing more.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    This has already been discussed in the suggestions forum and the topic was closed because some people were pointing out that Inet has a double standard on what is acceptable advertising depending on whether or not you have the money to pay.
    It is to bad that iNet did not comment on this as it is a double standard.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

mmmmm Ive always wondered how companies can say unlimited space & b/w? How can they afford that, and wouldnt they have intall more space if it filled up their hard drives?
      0 Not allowed!

The following types of sites are not eligible for the unmetered bandwidth program:

Websites that primary consist of files offered for download or facilitation of the same.
    Websites that primarily offer graphics.
    Websites that deal in adult content.
    Websites that deal in video, MP3 files or other large types of formats.
    Websites that offer Internet Telephony services or other types of real time communications.
    Peer to Peer File Sharing Networks.
    Websites that primarily offer Streaming Content.
    Websites that "game" or otherwise cheat any search engine or rely upon Search Engine Optimization services in an unfair manner, in the sole judgment of SurfSpeedy.
    Websites that use or benefit from Bulk Unsolicited Email ("Spam.")
    So basically, you are restricted to having a nice HTML only site, and from the sounds of things, they would prefer it if you had a small amount of viewers and even better if it was only a family website.

Its an out and out con, and not worth the money.

Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!
      0 Not allowed!