XPRESSACCESS.COM

We all know XPRESSACCESS. Adult host, shared host, reseller host, dedicated host (reseller of LayeredTech servers)

But have we yet noticed this?

Look on the bottom of their main page.. After I was looking around their site and thinking about actually giving them a try..

I saw they were rated #1 by OfficialRankings.com

If you will humor me for a moment while I redirect you to:

http://www.whois.sc/officialrankings.com

Please notice:

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.XPRESSACCESS.COM
    NS2.XPRESSACCESS.COM

Now, why would an honest host need to host their own "Host Ranking" site?

Beats me.
    Last edited by swflnetworks; 10-19-2005 at 06:38 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

That is indeed some interesting info.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN sales@ceridius.com
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test
      0 Not allowed!

It is legit even if it is their own ranking site, no one has posted against them on the rankings at the site, signup and become #1 with votes or #2 or whatever. Its a great marketing concept
      0 Not allowed!

Of course they're ranked #1, if you go to the rankings website, they're the only site listed :p
      0 Not allowed!

Ranking site

FYI:

The site mentioned belongs to a client of ours. The clients asked if we would submit our site to it to help it get started, so we did. We do not own nor have any connection to the site but host it (paid service) for the client with many of his other sites. A simple whois on the domain would have produced the actual owner. This is one of many turnkey type of sites this clients hosts as you can tell by the design.

Please do feel free to ask us any questions you may have about our company or packages. We have nothing to hide or any tricks to play on anyone!

<<< Signatures need to be set up in your profile. >>>
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 10-20-2005 at 02:50 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Ranking site

Originally posted by Dwight
    FYI:

The site mentioned belongs to a client of ours. The clients asked if we would submit our site to it to help it get started, so we did. We do not own nor have any connection to the site but host it (paid service) for the client with many of his other sites. A simple whois on the domain would have produced the actual owner. This is one of many turnkey type of sites this clients hosts as you can tell by the design.

Please do feel free to ask us any questions you may have about our company or packages. We have nothing to hide or any tricks to play on anyone!

If they ask, you deny.

That's what keeps topics like this from coming up.

Also, I've learned not to trust names on whois, because it can be easily fabricated (Not saying it is in this instance)

But, it certainly does look bad from a visitors stand point. It might be a good idea for you to remove your listing, to keep missinformation like this from happening again.

And, not really sure I want to now, as I've already went with layeredtech this morning and got a second server.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 10-20-2005 at 02:51 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Also, according to the whois, you and the person live a few houses from eachother.

Doesn't sound right to me
      0 Not allowed!

Wow, you nailed him. I find this interesting and amusing at the same time.
      0 Not allowed!

Unfortunately, it is common place for hosts to also own a couple of host directories.

If one host does something it is a scam, if several hosts follow suit it is now "good business marketing".
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

Dont feed the trolls.

Whats your deal? (directed at the OP)
    It's Scott!
      0 Not allowed!

Hilarious - I've always kind of wondered about those sites. It's also crossed my mind how many people invent their own awards and give them to themselves.

I don't know or care one way or the other about XpressAccess, but it kind of makes you wonder how many of these thousands of sites get started at all without a heavy bias from somewhere.
    Corey Northcutt | Electric Goat Media
    Currently building this nifty small business ROI calculator.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by camers
    Dont feed the trolls.

Whats your deal? (directed at the OP)
    Agreed ScreamingEaglePC has nothing but alot of negativitley latley / does alot of attacking
      0 Not allowed!

IMHO, this was a legit post, with a legit response, no need to go after anyone here.
    EZZI.net - A Service of Access Integrated Technologies Inc
    Running data centers, nationwide data network, and world-wide VoIP network.
    http://www.EZZI.net sales@ezzi.net
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by DHS
    Agreed ScreamingEaglePC has nothing but alot of negativitley latley / does alot of attacking
    I only have negativity to people who degrade the industry with shadey business practices.

You're just mad because you got hit on one of my bad days.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Take-IT-EZZI
    IMHO, this was a legit post, with a legit response, no need to go after anyone here.
    *nodnods*
      0 Not allowed!

No shady practices here!

There was no shady practices here, maybe befor acusing someone of it you should search the forum, on the case of XpressAccess you should find none, but what you will find is positive feedback on us. Please in the future search, so a post like this would not have gone this far.

We have a good repputation and have for over 3 years, we are not out to decive no one nor have we.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: No shady practices here!

There was no shady practices here, maybe befor acusing someone of it you should search the forum, on the case of XpressAccess you should find none, but what you will find is positive feedback on us. Please in the future search, so a post like this would not have gone this far.

We have a good repputation and have for over 3 years, we are not out to decive no one nor have we.
    Not trying to accuse you of anything, Dwight.

I was just posting what was on your site is all. I was in a rushed move last night, boarding up for the hurricane, so I didn't get to make it as well thought-out as I wanted to. Didn't mean to word it like I did if I offended you.

Though honestly, from my perspective as a "was" prospective buyer..

That just didn't look good from my perspective. And had I had more time, I would have posted my post a little more cleaner and informative. Again, I apologize if I offended you.

Though, I still extend my advice that it'd be a good idea for you to remove your listing. As this topic may come up again from other people.

With respects,
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: No shady practices here!

Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC
    Not trying to accuse you of anything, Dwight.

I was just posting what was on your site is all. I was in a rushed move last night, boarding up for the hurricane, so I didn't get to make it as well thought-out as I wanted to. Didn't mean to word it like I did if I offended you.

Though honestly, from my perspective as a "was" prospective buyer..

That just didn't look good from my perspective. And had I had more time, I would have posted my post a little more cleaner and informative. Again, I apologize if I offended you.

Though, I still extend my advice that it'd be a good idea for you to remove your listing. As this topic may come up again from other people.

With respects,

Sorry, but what right to do have in telling him that? Or making such a rediculious post?
    It's Scott!
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Re: No shady practices here!

Sorry, but what right to do have in telling him that? Or making such a rediculious post?
    camers, if you were running a hosting company, and someone came and seen your "rated number 1" on your site, only to find out that the ranking site was hosted on the same server as the host, don't you think they'd be kinda waving the fraud flag?

Simple logic my friend.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Re: No shady practices here!

What he is simply stating is there is a potential for accusations of bias, being listed as the #1 host on a ranking site that you host, then advertising yourself as such.

He offered his advice, which he most certainly has the right to do, it is the very purpose of this forum for people to express their opinions, ideas, and advice.

Had he demanded, of course he would be out of line but he didn't do that.
    EZZI.net - A Service of Access Integrated Technologies Inc
    Running data centers, nationwide data network, and world-wide VoIP network.
    http://www.EZZI.net sales@ezzi.net
      0 Not allowed!

Removed yesterday

Removed yesterday as it wasn't no big deal to us, like said, was only helping a local client that asked us was all, like i advised also, look up other posts of XpressAccess.

No harm, actuly post gained us more traffic from WHT and couple sells, so worked out for the good.......:-)

Have a good day all.

Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 10-20-2005 at 02:52 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Removed yesterday

Removed yesterday as it wasn't no big deal to us, like said, was only helping a local client that asked us was all, like i advised also, look up other posts of XpressAccess.

No harm, actuly post gained us more traffic from WHT and couple sells, so worked out for the good.......:-)

Have a good day all.

Glad that I could be of service.. Um, I think.

Have a good one Dwight.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 10-20-2005 at 02:53 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

* You also ScreamingEaglePC

You also ScreamingEaglePC
      0 Not allowed!