Dedicated server 600GB?

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in hosting a large (600Gb) FTP site for a portion of our business that is accessed by our clients. The site has to have 24/7 redundancy as well as the ability for us to upload additional information each month.
    Can you recommended a which web host since i can't find anywhere

Thank you very much!

that is alot of drive space, you may have to call up datacenters personally and see if you can negotiate something. I would start with layeredtech.com, they have been very accomidating with special requests

24/7 redundancy
    What exactly do you mean by that? If you want/need true redundancy, you're going to have to look into a load balanced cluster to begin with, and potentially with diverse geographic areas.
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

Though it may be pretty expensive the ev1servers custom orders department could setup something like what you would want on a load balancer.
    John W, CISSP, C|EH
    MS Information Security and Assurance
    ITEagleEye.com - Server Administration and Security
    Yawig.com - Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers with VIP Service

It sounds you are looking for at least 3x300GB in RAID-5 which will give you 600GB usable or prehaps 4x250Gb in RAID-5 which will give 750Gb usable

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Id suggest 3x 300 gig drives raid 5 SCSI or SATA will do

check on the find a host search on the top of the page for a good webhost
    ~ Webair Managed Cloud Servers ~ WEBAIR VSYS Virtual Hosting Platform ~ Advanced CDN Network ~ Server Genius Support ~
    ~ Custom Complex / Managed Hosting Pros ~ ICANN Accredited Registrar ~ Multiple Data Center Locations - NY, NL, CA, & Montreal ~
    ~
    ICQ: 20458616 - AIM: MODUKE96 - TWITTER - @WEBAIRINC - EMAIL: [email protected] - LIVE CHAT!

Check the dedicated offers forum, I just glanced at this offer for 900GB (look to me like a typo though, see for yourself):

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=453432
    bigwrench

That's 900 GB of bandwidth, not space?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Oh my. It's not the last time I misread, I promise.
    bigwrench

If your really interested in 24/7 availability, I wouldn't go with mass market everyday hosts that are on WHT. While there is nothing wrong with them, other hosts are more specialized just for this purpose.

Personally Id talk to either www.ethr.net or Jay at Cyberverse([email protected]). While I believe Jay only does mission critical colocation, I'm sure he could help you get the machine(s) you need for a real 24/7 accessible setup.

Personally I wouldn't want that much storage on 1 server, I would think they would point you to some sort of network attached storage device, and a front end box or two.
    Last edited by concept; 10-18-2005 at 03:21 PM.

You could always use something like http://www.liquidweb.com/dedicated/c...ackup/Backup3/
    Brett Meadors

You should be able to get 600 GB of space at a reasonable price especially if you go 2 X 300 GB hard drives. This depends on your bandwidth requirements of course.

Thanks for the reply, I'll go with layeredtech.com.