DirectAdmin Initial Config

Being a cPanel guru myself, I know little about DirectAdmin besides it being less expensive and having a lower memory footprint than other control panels. I just decided to get a licence and try it out. Downloaded the install script, ran it and everything appears to be fine. I'm wondering if there is any other necessary configuration before I start creating accounts? I know in cPanel you have to setup nameservers, but I did not see that option in the admin panel.

Thanks in advance
    Regards,
    datruesurfer

Login as admin, then click on administrator settings
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

When you install DA, with the login info is this URL:

http://www.directadmin.com/newinstall.html

Tells you how to create a domain, set nameservers..

DA has a good web site at http://www.site-helper.com that gives all the information on the usage.

Re: DirectAdmin Initial Config

Originally posted by datruesurfer
    Being a cPanel guru myself, I know little about DirectAdmin besides it being less expensive and having a lower memory footprint than other control panels. I just decided to get a licence and try it out. Downloaded the install script, ran it and everything appears to be fine. I'm wondering if there is any other necessary configuration before I start creating accounts? I know in cPanel you have to setup nameservers, but I did not see that option in the admin panel.

Thanks in advance

I moved 14 servers away from cpanel and all into DA panel.

Thats to show how much i love DA

The kind of things you'll need to tweak are things like your support settings ie. do you want to pass them over to a helpdesk or use the builtin system
    You'll also want to customise the welcome emails.

What's really nice is that once you've got one server setup the way you want you can copy all the packages etc., over to any new ones that you rollout
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar