Does Registerfly actually have support?

I'm new to Registerfly, but after only a few weeks of joining I've already been charged $129 for no apparent reason.

Okay, stuff happens, let's resolve it - but despite sending a support e-mail around 10 days ago, and a support ticket 6 days ago, I still haven't had any response from them.

Do Registerfly actually offer any kind of support, or am I simply going to have to chargeback them? Is this a pretty common experience?

Sounds like they are facing some issues with their billing system?

you should contact "RegFly". He is quick with all payment related issues.

Good luck!
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Give them a call , they offer phone support

1-866-4-REGFLY
    Domain Maven

Phone support on transatlantic calls doesn't appeal, thanks.

Regfly has been in contact - hopefully resolve the situation now.

EDIT: Seems the ticket has been answered, and the situation is resolved - apparently there was a voided charge on the day in question.
    Last edited by I, Brian; 10-17-2005 at 04:31 PM.

support for Registerfly...

New Phone Support Options
    In our effort to reduce wait times for phone support we have implemented a number of new changes. We have made it easier and more direct for you to reach our billing, sales and risk management departments. Effective immediately you can reach any of these departments directly by selecting the appropriate option number when prompted.

Customer Service number: 1-973-736-2545
    Dept: Customer Service
    Press: Option 2
    Available: 24/7

Dept: Sales Department
    Press: Option 1
    Available: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Dept:Billing Department
    Press: Option 5
    Available: M-F, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST

Dept: Risk Management
    Press: Option 6
    Available: M-F, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ES

sometimes phone calls aren't an option for all customers especially who lives outside the US

imagine holding for 5 minutes and paying $15 for something u paid $9
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Yea, and those hours suck if your sites are down due to fraud on the weekend.

Support at registerfly is slipping, I recently added funds to my account so that a domain could be renewed, only to have it expire, and the funds not being applied to my account. I tried contacting support via a support ticket, only to have no response for almost 4 days.

Things have changed there, and needless to say, it doesn't seem to be for the best. No new domain renewals for regfly...

Nobody from registerfly.com reading this tread?

Regfly has very delayed customer support - I tried to register a .IT with them and it took them about a week to inform me that they were unable to register .IT domains.

Customer support at Rfly is so bad, i have to call 5 times for my login issue, there were 5 different answers . And now while I am wrting this , I am put on hold at Rfly for the 6th time. , they don't even have 1800 number , long distance for me in East coast.

BTW , email Rist Management Dept few times and never got reply.

12. Registerfly truly sucks. They destroyed my business.

RegFly I need you stay on the phone with me.

Contact your 24 hr phone support and I am put on hold for up to 18+ minutes then when your associates answer they hang up. ?? Most of the time I don't even get a chance to ask my question. and when I do ask, they put me on hold and then hang up. This happened to me at least 5 times today 1-16-06. Really all I want is to be given service by a qualified tech or someone that has knowledge of the RegFly system. I am happy to continue with the service. You guys just need some help, but so do we.

umm.. i've been a registerfly customer for a LOOOOOONG time.. 4 years or more.. i dont have many domains there.. just a few.. but all these complaints, errors, system glitches, etc etc, are giving me a HUGE wory

my biggest worry are stories about registered domain names being lost ..some lost for good to someone else! MY GOD!

now i dont know if all these things are true, but i am very worried..
    I dont have many domains there, but they are quite active.. and VERY IMPORTANT to my clients (obviously).. and to loose one for a few days, or worst loosing one for good, is just gona be hell for me..

though i've never had any MAJOR and damaging problems.. except for them support people who doesnt understand basic english (back when they still had chat support).. i am restless now after reading all these horror stories....

now im contemplating transfer... but i dont think i can let my sites go down for morethan 1 day..

i dunno what to do really.. i've never had a problem like this.. and would like to stick with them as everything's set already.. but i am very worried. UGH!!!

Something weird happened to RegFly's support. I had a problem with their dns a week or two ago and they fixed it and responded to my ticket in few hours.
    But now I have a serious problem (freshly registered domains show RegFly's contact info in whois instead of mine and when I try to do something to them in CP it says that domain does not belong to me!) and nobody responds my ticket for 24+ hours (and to my emails which I've sent on Sunday).
    I PMed RegFly, let's see if he can help.

I currently have a support ticket with them for over 3 days, with NO response at all.

Not good.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Try calling. It works for me every time
    Domain Maven

Their ticket system is useless; don't even try to submit a ticket unless you can wait for at least 10 days for someone to get back to you. I don't think phone support even exist. You’d be lucky if you can get sales to answer your call.

And don’t put money in your account unless you’re going to use it right away, they don’t give refunds, only account credit, you can do a chargeback though.

Their dropfly (domain backorder) is also a joke. I missed a couple of domains before I decided to cancel the service and get a refund (account credit of course)
    Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Hosting - Email Marketing
    BuyHTTP, LLC - R1Soft CDP backup and RVsitebuilder included with all shared/reseller plans
    Cloud Hosting Truly redundant high available cloud from a trusted name.

HAHAHA FUNNY....

Here I am, been on hold on the phone for over 30 mins now and I happen to scroll across this post.

RegisterFly SUCKS! I havent been involved with them long but let me tell you, its been nothing but problems since I started with them. The latest problems have been...

They send newsletters with 24 hour sales. If I try to take advantage of those sales within the 24 hours, it still tries to charge me full price. Yes, submit a ticket, I did that, they waited till the sale was over to contact me back then tell me I missed it. They have done this to me at least 5 times now.

Now, I cannot get into my account at all and have been on hold on the phone for almost 45 mins now.

STAY AWAY ROM REGISTERFLY!!!
    Have A Great Day,
    Ben

Good news all (for me anyway),
    I managed to get ahold of them on the phone and am now able to get back into my account.

As for their specials, they said I could call them as soon as I get the email and they will honer the sale for me.

After all the problems I have had with them though, if I can find a good place that accepts Stormpay, I will be leaving RegisterFly.
    Have A Great Day,
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by a7tech
    Something weird happened to RegFly's support. I had a problem with their dns a week or two ago and they fixed it and responded to my ticket in few hours.
    But now I have a serious problem (freshly registered domains show RegFly's contact info in whois instead of mine and when I try to do something to them in CP it says that domain does not belong to me!) and nobody responds my ticket for 24+ hours (and to my emails which I've sent on Sunday).
    I PMed RegFly, let's see if he can help.
    RegFly fixed it! (actually part of the problem, the other one - they charged me for failed registrations as well as successful ones, I hope he will help me to sort this one too).

Quote Originally Posted by a7tech
    RegFly fixed it! (actually part of the problem, the other one - they charged me for failed registrations as well as successful ones, I hope he will help me to sort this one too).
    sigh... have the same problem with you and registerfly is NOT responding to any of my emails.

Should i give them more time and do an outright chargeback?

I have both good and not so good experience with their support. Easy questions and light problems are dealt indeed very fast and exceed my expectations. *HOWEVER* complex ones could be real pain in the a$$. I had one billing question for 42 days, another for 9 days and in both cases only kind assisstance of Paul (wht user 'regfly') helped me to solve both of them - to my favour.

BTW, I *NEVER* emailed them - always used their online support tickets. I think that's better and quicker to get a resolution that way, because I'm not sure the emails are piped into their support system and dealt, automatically, not so quick. I could be wrong here, of course.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Quote Originally Posted by sk55
    sigh... have the same problem with you and registerfly is NOT responding to any of my emails.

Should i give them more time and do an outright chargeback?
    Check your credit card statement. In my case Paul (wht user RegFly) said that their billing department automatically reverse transactions associated with failed registrations. The appropriate refunds appeared in my online creditcard statement in a couple of days.

My registerfly issues

I thought that you guys might want to know about some issues that I am having with RegisterFly.

I had purchased their virtual unix server last year. The speed was not that great, so I moved everything off to another vender.

They have a feature that will automatically re-new your account subscription with them so you will not have to worry about when it's time to renew... Well, I didn't have that feature turned on and without authorization or permission from me, they went ahead and renewed my virtual server.

I have tried to contact them, and only get an automated system that hangs up after 14 minutes. I have sent them emails and help desk tickets...

Nothing, no contact, no nothing...

So, now I am having to fight with the credit card people to reverse a charge that should not be there.

If anyone knows how I might be able to reach them, other than the normal email, helpdesk ticket or regular telephone line, please let me know.

Thanks.

PM WHT user RegFly.

27. We all know how much registerfly robs it's clients or past clients. Thats why I started noregisterfly.com. I want to put an end to that if I can.

_Vega

registerfly used to be okay but somewhere along the way, when they stopped their livechat and paypal payments, things went bad.

by the way, i think livechat is back again, sometimes it appears on certain hours.

What a mess

There is a thread like this on every forum I visit.

As of now I can't even register a domain there. It seems that the first order of business, if you are a reigistrar, is to MAKE SURE YOUR CUSTOMERS CAN REGISTER DOMAINS!!

With the strong password shenanigans, domains moved to expired, and no support, I have registered my last 250 domains there!

I'm still waiting for a responce after three days and no answer on thier "24/7" phone support

At the start of last week I attempted to renew a domain name I've owned for about 4 years. First attempt failed, second attempt seemed to have worked - so I was happy.

2 days later I see a spammy holding page up. I've been trying to get this fixed since last Wednesday with no response.

In in the UK and dont really want to pay the international phone charges - anyone got any ideas?

Is there a domain body I can complain too?

So far I've been changed 3 more years for this domain (it only has one in my account) - I've posted at least 4 support tickets/replies - and they just ignore me.

It looks like they are going to let my domain get kicked back into the pool - and the chances of my getting this name is next to nothing in this case (its a very good name worth a lot).

The worst part is I've spend about $4,000 with them in the last 2 years.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by stuartc1
    At the start of last week I attempted to renew a domain name I've owned for about 4 years. First attempt failed, second attempt seemed to have worked - so I was happy.

2 days later I see a spammy holding page up. I've been trying to get this fixed since last Wednesday with no response.

In in the UK and dont really want to pay the international phone charges - anyone got any ideas?

Is there a domain body I can complain too?

So far I've been changed 3 more years for this domain (it only has one in my account) - I've posted at least 4 support tickets/replies - and they just ignore me.

It looks like they are going to let my domain get kicked back into the pool - and the chances of my getting this name is next to nothing in this case (its a very good name worth a lot).

The worst part is I've spend about $4,000 with them in the last 2 years.

Any ideas?
    PM "RegFly". But I let him know about this anyway.

stuartc1, just got a reply. Hope you read yours already from them.

Registerfly's support seems to be going downhill fast. Now when I call the line is disconnected after about 15 minutes of sitting on hold.

How long will RegFly help?

While it sounds like RegFly is very helpful person I can't imagine s/he will be able to handle all our requests for help for very much longer. For those of us still dealing with RegisterFly problems I think we should be banding together and coming up with organized actions.

There are two sites which we may want to use to get organized.
    registerflies.com
    noregisterfly.com

Gee, another low post person with "problems"

The competition must be threatened by them, the smearing continues

emagnuson

if you are real, try to PM member regfly for help instead of posting nonsense.

What is funny is I was on hold for 7 minutes. They answered my question problem solved. And for you 15 minites and they hang up on you?

Justin is this you?
    Domain Maven

Quote Originally Posted by dmaven
    Gee, another low post person with "problems"

The competition must be threatened by them, the smearing continues
    Yes, I have problems and I am searching for solutions. So far using RegisterFly's support system has been fruitless. So what that I haven't been on WHT for very long. I found this site because I am trying to resolve my VERY REAL issue with RegisterFly.

You are making useless posts on any thread you find referencing them. This is "smearing" not seeking help. If you truly needed help you would PM their member.

You have already violated WHT rules for your post bumping. Here is the rule

Participants may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not.
    Domain Maven

it seems there is alot of complaining here again , i just dont know why some people here advise to pm other members who works in registerfly to fix the problem , i can say it is fine but why they have to come all the way here to be resolved ?

Tv