Thread: domain problem

domain problem

alright so i just got this cheap $3 domain from yahoo and i got this average web host from this company. just wondering now how do i connect this too separate domain and webhost companies together without forwarding? like.. my domain is blahblah[d0t]com and it keeps going to geocities[d0t]com/blahblah.

you wont be able to do what ur looking for with one of those free geocities hosting
    www.GetHoste.net
    support@gethoste.net Aim: GHeSupport
    Reliable Hosting, Commited To Excellence.
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Accounts | ShoutCast Hosting

its not geocities host but the for some reason it points to a geocities error page and i cant connect it with the company's webhost's (zodanet.com) DNS

you should try and connect ur hosting company. see what they have to say
    www.GetHoste.net
    support@gethoste.net Aim: GHeSupport
    Reliable Hosting, Commited To Excellence.
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Accounts | ShoutCast Hosting

Does it have a redirect to geocities manually? Can you change it in their control panel?

To point (transfer) your new domain to your web host server, you will need to contact your current domain registrar and ask them to update your DNS pointers (nameservers) to your web host or if you have access to the domain registrar's control panel you can change the Name Servers yourself.

EX:

ns1.yourwebhost.net
    ns2.yourwebhost.net

You can obtain the nameserver information by contacting your web host.
    Last edited by SkyNetHosting; 10-16-2005 at 05:08 PM.
    [OUR LOCATIONS] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. HONG KONG. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 12 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

I agree, the problem appears to be the DNS not pointing to your web host. I would contact Yahoo, have them switch the DNS to them. Call your web host if you don't know the DNS of their/your web server.

ok thanks for the help

9. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com