Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows reseller Web hosting with Private Label and Overselling

1 50.00%
  • With Helm or Plesk control panels

1 50.00%

Help - Need Windows reseller web host

Hello,

I am having a hard time with Gazzin.com windows server from Sept 2005. There are frequent outages almost every day. I am on their Mercury server.

Now I want to move from Gazzin, can any one suggest me the reliable windows web host within the same price range.

Re: Help - Need Windows reseller web host

Originally posted by Samcoder
    Now I want to move from Gazzin, can any one suggest me the reliable windows web host within the same price range.
    Welcome to WHT. Sorry to hear about your problems.

To make it easier for people to respond to your post, can you post the details of what you're looking for:

- Reseller plan specs
    - Price range
    - The country where the servers should be
    - Anything else

For Windows servers, as you said.

You can also check the Shared and Reseller Hosting Offers and then do a search for reviews of hosts that look good to you, or ask for feedback about them here.

Good luck.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

Also, I don't understand your poll question. Can you explain it?

Thanks,
    Lois

I don't understand the Poll question either!
    But I prefer windows reseller with private label and helm control panel.

Hi Samcoder,

What outage are you getting? So far there has been no significant outage on our mercury server. If you are getting "Service unavailible" via IIS then you will need to let us know as you are exceeding the pool. We will simply update or remodify this and it should be fixed.

We have also added additional memory into the server mercury and added the MS SQL cluster where the ms sql is residing on a dedicated server. This should take the load off at all if any.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA | Dallas, TX | Ashburn, VA | London, UK | Amsterdam, NL | Johannesburg, ZA

Hi Clanosiris,

That's the problem, whenever I contacted live support about my site unavailability they said that they just restarted IIS and things recified. But can you imagine my position wen my client also started complaining me about this "Service unavailable".
    I have the Siteuptime record, and in two months of webhosting with Gazzin my website has suffered 61 outages and a total uptime of 93.683%.
    This fourm has not permitted me to post any URL until I have posted at least five times. (/statistics.php?Id=20469&&UserId=33843) you can add siteutime dot com before this to get uptime report.
    The main problem is that you people don't accept the outages and keep on telling that your server is having 100% uptime, and my domain have some NS error.
    Here I will tell you that your unixbsd.info domain shows the same NS error as shown by my domain worldcyberhost.com with DNSREPORT.COM
    And also you people are not intrested in any kind of compensation that you have mentioned in your SLA and this is against business ethics.
    Intrestingly today only I haven't received any outage alert from Siteuptime. Have you shifted my account to some other server?

If you want me to give Gazzin.com a last try, I want to post pay the comming month hosting fee that will be due on 24.10.2005 as prepaid monthly hosting fee.

I am suffering a lot due to these outages and has not signed up any new customer and also not moved my old customers (hosting with other hosts on multidomain plans) to my reseller a/c with Gazzin.

Hi Clanosiris,

I forget to mention that I have 10 domains hosted/parked and only using 36MB diskspace 381MB bandwidth against my quota of 10GB diskspace and 80GB bandwidth for $13.95 a month.

Hello Writespeak,

I am looking for a private branded reseller webspace on windows 2003 server:

- With Helm or Plesk control panel and atleast 5GB webspace, unlimited domains and accounts, Overselling and standard hosting features
    - Price range - upto $15 monthly fee without any setup fees
    - The country where the servers should be - preferebly USA, UK

And have similar requirement for Linux web space but currently all my clients are signed up with Windows plans.

As I am new to this form and my left and right mind are still not working fully due to Gazzin services, I also could not under stand how those pool question writed by me, may be as it was 2pm when I was writing to forum. Can any one delete these. Please

Thanks for support

Praveen

Hi Praveen,

I was the one that answered your query.

Let me explain how "Service Unavailible" works. Basically the port 80 is still open and it will still connect. SITEUPTIME will STILL connect to port 80 and showing it as up. Therefore if you are experiencing an uptime of 66% that is just merely exaagerating it. Siteuptime will use DNS to connect to the host.

The dns I specified is setup incorrectly. You NEED to use to use the nameserver we gave you not the two other ones. You can still privately brand them but your approach is wrong. This is why you are experiencing the downtime.

The "service unavailible" did happen from time to time however, it only happens once the pool is filled. A simple restart was done and fixed. This happen on limited reseller accounts. However, we have resolved this issue already.

As for business ethics we have honored all the SLA clients by refunding appropriately for all the outages that were our fault.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA | Dallas, TX | Ashburn, VA | London, UK | Amsterdam, NL | Johannesburg, ZA

As I am new to this form and my left and right mind are still not working fully due to Gazzin services
    I have no experience or connection with Gazzin, but sometimes a situation appears to be one thing when it's something else. From the posts by a Gazzin rep, it sounds like there may be something happening other than (or in addition to) server downtime. It may be worth trying his suggestion before moving to see if it works. Your choice, of course.

I also could not under stand how those pool question writed by me, may be as it was 2pm when I was writing to forum. Can any one delete these.
    I couldn't delete the poll, but I closed it. Or we can change the questions if you want.

Lois

Hi,

Well writespeak I am not a windows admin myself however, I can talk to what the pool is meant by one of my techs.

But I can imagine that its simliar with apache where maxclient is limited therefore, it shows "service unavailible" as the port is exceeded.

However, the problem isnt only residing on this but his dns are no properly setup. Some of his DNS is setup where there is no zone records on. I have updated the user in regards to this via ticket system.

To Samcoder,

One thing I can recommend is since you are currently using your own nameserver you can simply use an A record rather than put entries of our nameservers that are not responding to your queries. This will basically cause an "outage" if the nameserver has no zones to reply to the query.

- With Helm or Plesk control panel and atleast 5GB webspace, unlimited domains and accounts, Overselling and standard hosting features
    - Price range - upto $15 monthly fee without any setup fees
    the problem is you are requesting lot of space (and bandwidth as well I assumed) but want to pay a small fee. Overselling is not good at all. It might be ok with new server, but when the number of accounts on server going up, the server could be overloaded, and downtime is starting

Hi,

Actually our servers are not overloaded as the load is relatively low. His issue has been explained already. We usually uprade accordingly if loads exceeds our expectations as we know resellers will defintely grow as their business sky rockets.

clanosiris, I am not saying exactly your server overloaded. It's my personal opinion about this requirements

Hi Clanosirius,

I have made changes to ns as suggested by William a day before. And waited for siteuptime alert and see I have received 4 site unavailability alerts having a down windows of 20-30 mins.

You people are just drifting the focus from actual problem of your server, and by your responses it seems there is no point to keep complaining about down time .

I ask you very simple question these NS records for my domain was the same for starting 10 days of my signup of reseller account with Gazzin in Aug 2005. There was no single alert from Siteuptime and no complain from my clients as well. It all started from Sept 3, 2005 and there are regular outages.

But you people trying to represent me wrong.

I am also hosting my clients with other with other hosts on multidomains and there I am getting 100% uptime in siteuptime reports from last 2-3 months.

A day before someone had put a txt file into my website root dir and changed the home page of my client . When I ask support they told me there is some redirection problem but how come those files are wrriten into the root dir. I can't understand.

Hi,

What is your ticket numbers so I can investigate what is happening with the reply as well as the techs responsible. Reason I said is because I have ping monitor on the server and so far there are no outage as you described.

When you go to the site is the DNS working? How about ping? Perhaps your getting blocked by our firewall? Many scenarios I do not know who you are so I can not really tell you the problem.

Gazzin has changed the support software this month my latest ticket no. on that support is ZQK-331194.

Two of old support tickets are BBC-80542 and ZQE-498547 relevent to these outages related issues.

I have More communication in emails apart from these tickets and there is no record of reply I have received in emails from William reponding to SLA emails.

Any one DNS expert please check my domain (worldcyberhost.com) DNS report and suggest me some thing unbiased.

I am using ns1,ns2,ns3 & ns4 for my domain reseller account with DirectI that I need for my domain clients using managed DNS.

I am using ns10 & ns11 for windows hosting with Gazzin plans.

Hi,

I see the uptime and that is odd if we had 61 outages I believe everybody will be screaming at us at their top of their lungs but so far its been quiet for windows server cluster.

I took a look at the following

ERROR: Your nameservers disagree as to which version of your DNS is the latest (2005080460 versus 2005082413). This is OK if you have just made a change recently, and your secondary DNS servers haven't yet received the new information from the master. I will continue the report, assuming that 2005082413 is the correct serial #. The serial numbers reported by each DNS server are:
    xxx.40.144: 2005080460
    xxx..33.42: 2005082413
    xxx..33.49: 2005082413
    xxx..5.10: 2005080460
    xxx.47.188: 2005080460
    xxx.5.25: 2005080460

It seems you have so many un-needed DNS therefore giving is an SOA disagreement as well as no zones presents.

Perhaps we can take this into PM as I do not want to use the forum as the mean of support.

Hi Clanosirius,

I have put up monitoring for one of my client (whose account is also on the Mercury server) website who is also complaining me every alternate days for non-availability of his website for 20-30 min at some time in evening ( Indian Time Zone) as his clients need to look for reports he supposed to upload on working days.
    Let us wait for 1-2 days for the uptime reports results.

I am changing his NS to yours ns10 & n11.unixbsd.info

Is this is okay as I will be using your NS and a different Uptime monitoring website (apart from site uptime) ?

Please give your opnion.

Even though the poll is over, I would strongly recommend signing up with a windows host with a well-known control panel. You'll soon find that people will specifically request a control panel or one that they're familiar with. Having a private label system will hurt your new sign ups.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

You'll soon find that people will specifically request a control panel or one that they're familiar with. Having a private label system will hurt your new sign ups.
    IMO that is highly dependant on the target market.

To Clanosirius:

Hello,

See the report from hyperspin monitoring

Web server (mercury.unixbsd.info) HTTP (Port 80)
    DOWN at Oct 21 2005 09:28 AM (GMT +5:30)
    Err: cannot connect to port 80

Web server (mercury.unixbsd.info) HTTP (Port 80)
    UP at Oct 21 2005 09:43 AM (GMT +5:30)
    Was down for: 15min

I have changed my NS to yours unixbsd.info , almost 12 hours passed since than. Keep you inform on the uptime of my website.

I recommend unifiednet dot net

They've always been great. I keep all of my important windows sites with them and have for about a year now. In 1 years time, I've had less than 10 minutes of downtime/month.

Plus, support is there when needed...which is rare.

Pricing is competetive, too, but not "too" cheap.