How to mark 'Web Hosting Offers' forum as 'read'

For the last 4 months or so, I have subscribed to 8 or so forums, and used my 'Profile' page to serve as my WHT homepage, therefore only seeing those 8 forums that I am subscribed to.

Earlier today I decided to branch out a little, and started to see if I could keep up with all the forums on WHT, therefore using the official WHT homepage, as my main page, rather than my 'Profile' page.

However, I'm having trouble marking the 'Web Hosting Offers' and 'Related Offers and Requests' categories as read, because they have no posts inside them, just sub forums. The blue, 'New Posts' icon stays there, even after marking all the sub forums within those two categories as read.

So, how do I go about marking these too categories as read? I don't see an option without entering one of the sub forums. I suppose I could use the 'Mark all forums read' link, but surely there is another way of doing it, which allows me to mark those specific categories, as read, and not the whole forum.
    - Jamie Harrop

Re: How to mark 'Web Hosting Offers' forum as 'read'

Originally posted by Equentity - Jamie
    However, I'm having trouble marking the 'Web Hosting Offers' and 'Related Offers and Requests' categories as read, because they have no posts inside them, just sub forums. The blue, 'New Posts' icon stays there, even after marking all the sub forums within those two categories as read.

So, how do I go about marking these too categories as read?
    Subscribe to each sub forum?

Lois
    Do you have a WHT question or concern? Please open a helpdesk ticket.

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." Theodore Roosevelt

That's possible Lois, but I'm not using the profile page any more to display the list of forums, I'm using the standard homepage. Subscribing to forums has no effect any more, that is unless I subscribe to all the forums (including sub forums) and start using the profile page.
    - Jamie Harrop