Resignation Letter

I need a pre written sample of a Resignation Letter I am to lazy to write one on my own. Know where I can find one?

Thanks,
    d00t
    ---

Having taken 10 seconds out of my life to search Google, I found http://www.i-resign.com/uk/letters/letters.asp
    - Jamie Harrop

Thank you so much, I forgot to search Google.
    ---

If those don't work, how about:

I'm so lazy I couldn't even summon the energy to write my own letter of resignation so I've decided to release you from the burden of my continued drain on your company resources.

- Signed: Someone who doesn't even know me but wrote this for me anyway.

Bob
    The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
    - African Proverb

Originally posted by doot
    You may now assume the position for punishment.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Originally posted by drizzle

I'm so lazy I couldn't even summon the energy to write my own letter of resignation so I've decided to release you from the burden of my continued drain on your company resources.

Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Remember not to burn any bridges!

That has got to be the funniest thing I have ever read!

That was great! I needed that!

roflmfao
    Craig M.
    Web-Hosting4u - 866.699.9448 Ext. 36
    http://www.web-hosting4u.com
    Twitter:@wh4u

Hmm yah, along the same lines of what I was thinking, but said very well . In all seriousness, if you cannot take the time you write your own letter of resignation, I'm certain that you'll be receiving one hell of a going away party
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

I wonder how productive a person who cannot write a resignation letter actually is, and, if someone is that lazy, do they need to write one? One would think no one would miss them if they just stopped showing up!
    Craig M.
    Web-Hosting4u - 866.699.9448 Ext. 36
    http://www.web-hosting4u.com
    Twitter:@wh4u

Just make a PostIt that says "iQuit" =]
    www.Yekaroo.com - Your Chinese Radio Online!

It doesn't mean he is lazy. Maybe he's just looking for a good idea on what words he should use or what he should say.

Re: Resignation Letter

Originally posted by JonMB
    It doesn't mean he is lazy.
    I am to lazy to write one on my own
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Originally posted by JonMB
    It doesn't mean he is lazy. Maybe he's just looking for a good idea on what words he should use or what he should say.
    doot himself says he's lazy in the OP. We're just agreeing with him.

How about this for a letter:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am formally tendering my letter of resignation. You may be surprised to be receiving this as I never came to work after my initial interview. I have grown weary of repeated interruptions of my nap time and your very rude insinuations that I should "...get my lazy butt to work..." or, more appallingly, "...we're not paying you to sleep...."

Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that we share sharply contrasting business philosophies.

Upon receipt of this letter could you please clean out my desk and bring my stuff to my house along with a positive letter of recommendation for my next employer?

Sincerely,

doot
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

i just hope you are leaving for a better job..

sometimes choices we make changes everything..

good luck,

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Thanks for all the Funny comments, Actually I have been way to busy to write one,
    and was looking for a fast letter to build from.
    Sorry, But I just don't have as much time as most of you
    (pun intended) Some people do have real careers.

Next time, try and handle such a question more maturely.
    ---

Thanks for all the Funny comments, Actually I have been way to busy to write one,
    and was looking for a fast letter to build from.
    Sorry, But I just don't have as much time as most of you
    (pun intended) Some people do have real careers.

Next time, try and handle such a question more maturely.
    You could've written one in the time you spent on WHT today. No excuses!
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

You mean you are too lazy to search for Google?

And no, I don't think you can be busier than me or most of the people I know around here. You are just plain la....y
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Originally posted by FHDave
    You mean you are too lazy to search for Google?

And no, I don't think you can be busier than me or most of the people I know around here. You are just plain la....y
    You're right, I forgot how much time it takes to post your sig on
    a bunch of forums in an attempt to get more customers.

---

You could just use Kevin Spacey's character's resignation from "American Beauty", it's a classic!
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

You're right, I forgot how much time it takes to post your sig on
    a bunch of forums in an attempt to get more customers.
    Not only you are lazy, but you seem to be idiot as well...
    I am not the only host replying you here who have signatures. So are you also talking about other hosts as well?

You are lazy to write one resignation letter, can't even think about google, and yet have the time to hang around here? My goodness, I am happy for whomever you are resigning from.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

I had this problem today on another forum. Some people understand sarcasm with just the clue while others need a (j/k) or <sarcasm>. Dave, I think doot was kidding with you, I know I chuckled. I blame Jamie for setting the tone!

excess <snipped> out
    Some people do have real careers.
    excess <snipped> out
    Man oh man, dootsters, I gotta take exception to that single comment. I've spent pretty much the last 8 years online 7 days a week 8-16 hours a day. I can't even remember the last time I went more than two days without touching a computer. And you have the temerity to say that I don't have a real career? My family and my fiancee would take major exception to that.

Working online IS my career. Customer service IS my career. You might want to rethink how you word that in the future...

Oh yeah...

<The Donald> You're FIRED! </The Donald>

Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Or

Dear Sir

I unfortunately find myself in the situation of having to be the bearer of bad news. Due to circumstance beyond my control I will no longer be able to continue in my current position. Now I realize you will be devastated with this news, and my only advise to you is, that as devastating as it is, you will eventually overcome this. I also realise that you will not be able to find anybody with my ability to fill the position but I am sure you will eventually find somebody that should manage.

I also thought I would mention one or two points that you need to work on and I know that as you respect my advise you will do you best to rectify you manner and behaviour.
    1. Basically your a mongrel
    2. The rate of pay is crap
    3. You have no product knowledge
    4. You should learn to keep your mouth shut and stop showing your ignorance.
    6. 3 or 4 of the female staff are about to take you to court for sexually harasment.

Apart from these minor defect you are basically hopeless. I of course will be expecting a well written reference and a large cash settlement as well as a going away party.

Your sincely
    ex employee number 3546

That was just a rough draft but should be ok once you have edited it

Doc
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 10-18-2005 at 10:54 PM.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

I'm thinking Office Space for some reason. Just give up trying, don't give a crap and see what happens. Movies tell me you're a shoe-in for a promotion.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison
    I blame Jamie for setting the tone!
    I blame the WebDesignGroup BBS, where I spent many years refining my sarcasm skills, mainly used against newbies, because we all knew at the time newbies were pointless people who didn't deserve our time. I now have the ability to pass that sarcasm, and knowledge, on to fellow WHTers.

Geez, and there was me thinking I left that place to get away from the sarcasm.
    - Jamie Harrop

Originally posted by Equentity - Jamie
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBison
    I blame Jamie for setting the tone!
    I blame the WebDesignGroup BBS, where I spent many years refining my sarcasm skills, mainly used against newbies, because we all knew at the time newbies were pointless people who didn't deserve our time. I now have the ability to pass that sarcasm, and knowledge, on to fellow WHTers.

Geez, and there was me thinking I left that place to get away from the sarcasm.
    Jamie, don't you just hate it when you come up with some gem of a quick witted sarcastic remark and it just goes straight over the top of everybodies head.?? or is it just me that has those experiences.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

You're not alone Doc, we've all been there. Mastering the art of not telling people it was sarcasm is something we all need. If it goes straight over everybodies head, don't tell them you were been sarcastic, it only makes you look more of a fool.

Then there are the sarcastic comments that everybody gets, but once you post it, you realise how cheesy and sad it is, so in comes the next art everybody should master. The, "Sarcasm? That wasn't sarcasm at all!" art. You are that ashamed to admit it was sarcasm/half tongue in cheek, you tell them it wasn't.
    - Jamie Harrop