Lunarpages scammed me?

I've been a Lunarpages affiliate since April and I made 8 sales until June. The checks came in and the cash was unfrozen after 30 business days($%^* Canadian banks...).

I made another sale in September and a rep from LP called me telling me to stop sending so many hits. That month alone, I sent 53k hits, but it's nothing compared to my 8 earlier sales(they had a bug in their script and the numbers went exponentially and suddenly it shows gazillion hits).

Now they closed my account and I sent a ticket two days ago. Any response? Nope. Usually it takes less than 12 hours for a response.

Now what? They ripped me off for a few gigs of bandwidth? I send ~100k hits/day when I can to my personal Powweb sites and they don't complain(except for vBulletin... don't ever install it on shared hosting!).

I heard that their servers can hold up massive usage, but if I had a hosting account with them would they close it just like that? This sucks. I liked the conversion rates.

Powweb needs to stop the 200$ minimum payout. I have one sale and it's stuck there... at least they can pay with paypal. Also Powweb isn't reliable to host important sites. I use it to test my scripts and my friend's site.

Forget about BlueHost. They use a crappy server to host their own web site. "You own a hosting company and you host your main web site with that?"...

Thanks guys!

Seems like you have alot of hatred built up, have you tried calling them back and discussing it with one of there billing reps?

Not yet, I want to see if they will respond to my ticket. I'll wait until Tuesday since I sent it on Friday. It's fun to see how those kind of companies' solve issues. I heard they have good support, but after this incident, let's see how they're gonna react!

PS. I made the 8 sales before they began overselling and I sent twice as many hits!

I don't see why they would be mad for you viewing their website, I am in the hosting business and would rather have my clients check my website multiple times per day. Unless they are low on bandwidth/don't purchase much from their provider, I don't see what logic there is to closing your account.

Probably their bandwidth is getting hit limit? I don't mind that my clients visit my website any time. If I have too much traffic then I would need to upgrade my server or more bandwidth.

Re: Lunarpages scammed me?

Originally posted by simon7

I made another sale in September and a rep from LP called me telling me to stop sending so many hits. That month alone, I sent 53k hits, but it's nothing compared to my 8 earlier sales

Well, actually I can understand if you send 53 000 hits to get 1 sale... then they might get annoyed. You may think they shouldn't, but that is your view on things...

They make up the rules, and they've told you about them.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

that is a lot of hits, are you doing this from a super popular page or popups or something?
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company