if i'll lose username and password that means i lost domain?

Hello,

today user asked me direct question: if i'll lose domains username and passwd i'll lose domain? What should i answer? (in example you can say, domains are registered of domainsite, 1and1 and so on)
    There were any accidents when user cannot get back domain name?

Thanks
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

If you lose your username and password to your account with the registrar, it would mean you won't be able to adjust any domain settings. There could be an alternative to resetting your password, maybe the user can try using the forgot password wizard (which many registrars have), if not, try contacting the registrar.

By losing the username and password, it doesn't mean you actually lose the domain as it will still be registered to the user until it expires. If it's not locked, then they could probably transfer it to another registrar.

Yes, i understand, but if someone changes all entries, whois informacion(administration contact too), will registrar be able to return domain name? How he can remember me?
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

They would go ahead by resetting your password on your account with the registrar. They would most likely go by your user account and NOT your domain information because many accounts allow people to register multiple domains with different WHOIS information.

It would be best to contact your registrar on this, and they could provide further information.

Yeh, but if you lose your user account, then what? If someone ll change everything, delete all tracks and previous contact info?
    Uh oh :/ If think i'll write to some registrars :/

I have gone thru this too i have been having problems logging int o my domain since a month i have contacted the customer support and each time all they o is send me the password to my email though i clearly metion i have done that and used the same passwd yet they do the same thing . also when I whois my domain name it doesnt show my info . can i transfer my domain to some1 else i dont think its locked? or will i require some other things to transfer?

Some registrars can provide your user info if you provide the CC number you used at signup time
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by dmaven
    Some registrars can provide your user info if you provide the CC number you used at signup time
    exactly, they can even return a stolen domain transfered between their accounts back to the original owner in some cases.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by Bashar
    exactly, they can even return a stolen domain transfered between their accounts back to the original owner in some cases.
    It depends if the registrar is willing or capable for that matter
    Domain Maven