Fully Managed Server

Hi there,

I hope everyone is doing well. =) I am going to be in the market for a reasonably priced, fully managed Linux server for a hosting venture that I am undertaking.

More important than a ton of bells and whistles to me is a company that can provide the following:

1) Friendly customer service that can offer a fully managed box, that is backed-up, and kept up to date with the latest security & software needed to run a modest hosting company.

2) Connection to a solid network.

3) The box itself should have a generous amount of memory, be fairly spunky, and I suppose be P2 or P3.

Again, service is really important here. I'll be providing excellent customer service to my clients, so when a server issue arrises, I need someone who is ready and willing to help & communicate with me so I can take care of my customers accordingly.

Do you have any suggestions / personal experiences you'd be willing to share that would lead me in the right direction?

I really appreciate your help.

Cheers!
    briguy
    SFCoast.com
    Radio the way it should be!

Hi,

What is your budget? I suggest search the Offers Forum, there are several good fully managed offers posted in there. Good Luck!

Regards,
    Charles
    DedicatedPlace.com - The Only Place to be...
    Sales@DedicatedPlace.com * Affordable, No Setup Fee, Fully Managed Dedicated Servers with Daily Remote Backup. External Server Management & Monitoring also available.

Charles,

Thanks for the reply. =)

The budget is open right now, as I am still learning about the scope of the project. However, I know to receive quality, you have to be willing to pay for it, so I'm prepared to be whatever the fair market is for these specs.

I have searched the offers forum, but the problem is, so many offers sound great! I'm hoping to learn about some personal experiences from actual customers.

Thanks again for your reply,
    briguy
    SFCoast.com

Do you already have hosting clients that you will be moving, or is this a new business ?

A budget *really* would help here, even if you are willing to be flexible...

Do you have any idea on the volume of sites you'll be placing on the server?

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Hi,

Thanks again for the replies, guys. I would say to start, top of the budget would be between $150-$200 a month.

The customers do not exist yet, but once the project is a go, they will be there (probably 5 to 10 a week). I know I could go reseller account, and move when we hit a certain level, but I would just as soon have everything in place from the start, and avoid the extra work down the line.

Cheers,
    brian
    SFCoast.com

2 company I recomend for fully managed server
    1. Allmanaged - SAGONET
    2. If you want Savvis - DedicatedPlace

Originally posted by briguy25
    Hi,

Thanks again for the replies, guys. I would say to start, top of the budget would be between $150-$200 a month.

The customers do not exist yet, but once the project is a go, they will be there (probably 5 to 10 a week). I know I could go reseller account, and move when we hit a certain level, but I would just as soon have everything in place from the start, and avoid the extra work down the line.

Cheers,
    brian
    Nah - you have the right idea. If you want to do it right, get a server. For the most part, the only people making money as resellers are the hosting companies selling reseller accounts.

A VPS might be another option. Honestly though, I think you might want to up your budget; remember, if you have problems with the server, your hosting clients don't care whose fault it is, they just get mad that their site is down.