*****nexpoint Nightmares*****

If you are running sites that make you money, don't get a Nexpoint server. they guarantee to lose you traffic and money.

When your server goes down, they will come up with a classic excuse of, its to do with the content of your site, and that you subscribed to unmanaged service.

My first site went live on their server sometimes yesterday and out of 24 hours, it had been working for about 2-3 hours. According to them that equates to 99.9% uptime. I get a feeling that, what they mean is that the server stays upright for 99.9% of the time whilst undergoing maintenance.

NEXPOINT
    Get your house in order, my friend. I have had 2-3 hours use of your server. If you care about your customers just give me a refund, you can deduct a weeks fee if you like.
    WWW.TAPALI.NET EMAIL AND BLOG,
    WWW.bywhat.com Proxy Surfing

Hmmm... looking at your posts, it looks like you don't know what you're doing.

You have an unmanaged service, which means, the box is yours to do with as you wish and to support, as you wish. Providers are responsible for the hardware and the network, nothing more.

Maybe try a managed provider, next time.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Originally posted by sirius
    Hmmm... looking at your posts, it looks like you don't know what you're doing.

You have an unmanaged service, which means, the box is yours to do with as you wish and to support, as you wish. Providers are responsible for the hardware and the network, nothing more.

Maybe try a managed provider, next time.

Sirius
    Sirius-we are only running one site on this server we manage many other servers, no problem. Its nothing to do with managed or unmanaged service. this is a standard reply a provider will gives when something goes wrong with the box. Looks like you dont know what you are talking about. I have seen your previous post and you post the same reply each time. You have a habit of following all posts to do with Nexpoint, wonder why??What intelligence do you need to ftp a site and change dns. I have been successfully running the same site on other servers.
    Last edited by sawan3; 10-14-2005 at 04:00 PM.

What was the reason that it wsa down??
    James Lumby

Originally posted by lumbyjj
    What was the reason that it wsa down??
    I really wish i knew, Nexpoint are not saying anything apart from 'because of our content' the site is under 5mb and we have been running the site on another servers successfully.

Originally posted by sawan3
    Sirius-we are only running one site on this server we manage many other servers, no problem. Its nothing to do with managed or unmanaged service. this is a standard reply a provider will gives when something goes wrong with the box. Looks like you dont know what you are talking about. I have seen your previous post and you post the same reply each time. You have a habit of following all posts to do with Nexpoint, wonder why??What intelligence do you need to ftp a site and change dns. I have been successfully running the same site on other servers.
    Yes, my secret identity has been revealed, I am, in fact, a nexpoint secret agent (double secret, at that).

It is the honest reply, tough noogies if you can't accept nor understand that, unmanaged is just that, unmanaged.

Best of luck with your next provider.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

If you can trace the issue back to hardware, you have a genuine complaint. If you can't or don't know how to, you should contract an admin service to find the problem. You probably have MaxClients set too high, causing a RAM/swap-eating loop.
    Game Servers are the next hot market!
    Slim margins, heavy support, fickle customers, and moronic suppliers!
    Start your own today!

Well until you know 100% what is causing the server to crash, don't speculate.

It is very possible even with the best server administration skills, that your server is crashing because of your own mistakes, either that or it's a hardware issue.

Originally posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    Well until you know 100% what is causing the server to crash, don't speculate.

It is very possible even with the best server administration skills, that your server is crashing because of your own mistakes, either that or it's a hardware issue.
    Hello! this is a simple script, even a 11 year old cant make any mistakes uploading, we are not running any complex applications. We are just running one site on this server or at least tried to. This issue might be a bit academic, since I have already ordered another server from a different provider.
    Last edited by sawan3; 10-14-2005 at 06:56 PM.

Two things we monitored --

When the server went down all power systems were running properly and the monitor showed a black screen.

After rebooting the system, and watching top for 30 minutes two HTTPD processes were running at 49.7% of the CPU utilization.

We have made our statements in this post and another post and provided assistance in troubleshooting. We are more than happy to offer recommendations to our unmanaged dedicated server customers, however system administration is the sole responsibility of the customer.

You are now chatting utter and complete C***. You do not know what you are saying, the server went down, becuase of a hardware issue. It is going down after literally an hour. My script has been running fine on other servers, with specs worse than this one. You will not be putting yourself down, by admitting it is a hardware fault, infact, i would respect you for that if you did. Frankly, by now if you have not realised, that i am not happy with this, there is something seriously wrong, you do not want an unhappy customer or are you used to it. Just for your information, i have already ordered another server. you can see the script running @bywhat.com on my other server perfectly fine.