I am facing problem in login for all scripts

I have hosting with www.nirmani.com , but from few days I am facing one problem for my scripts.

I have installed :

Mambo script
    Joomla Script
    OScommerce script

but in all scripts I am facing like same problem, which is login problem.

http://marblebusiness.com

here oscommerce installed, I can add products but when user create account then he cant able to login, global variable is active through htaccess file.

also in joomla script i have this problem,

Please help me what i can do make it working.

Thanks
    Munawar

I opened an account in OScommerce and was told that I needed to click on the link in the confirmation email. It's been 5 minutes but I haven't received anything. Would that be the problem?

Yes system also dont send emails.

Also system will not allow you to login, once you will create your account and try to login, it will send you again at guest page.

And system dont add items to cart, when you select item and try to check out, it will clear the cart.

Please advice what is the basic problem do you think.

First, wrong forum..

Post it her:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...?s=&forumid=37

Also many problems with oscommerce can be solved with a fresh install from the offical oscommerce website:

www.oscommerce.com

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I am really dishearted.

I feel that its not script problem,

Because now I have installed zencart http://www.marblebusiness.com/zencart/

but its not allow me to login by admin , or if I create account then its not allow to login.

I think its host problem, not script problem

because I am facing this problem in
    Joomla script
    Mambo script
    oscommerce script
    zencart script

Please tell me what is basic problem with host to solve this matter ?

dumb question....

Are YOU logging out from one account before logging into another account... ie You are in as admin and try a test user but you cant access?

I had this happen with one script i was using, it was with the way it was setting a cookie. I had to actually click the link to logout and then i was able to login again.

That still doesnt explain why the other guy never got an email.

Have you chmodded all of your files correctly? Is you database set up correctly?

Other than that, I have no idea, it sounds like there is a module that your host is having a problem with.
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

Checking one account at one time.

you can check personally by creating account at http://www.marblebusiness.com/zencart

then try to login and work. let me know what you will see

hmm.... i see what you are saying now... i didnt get an email either.

could you post a link to a phpinfo() on your server?

just create a file called phpinfo.php or something with the following code in it:

Code:
    <?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
    phpinfo();

?>
    and post a link to it.

Dear Friend,
    Plese see this below link for your said phpinfo file.

http://www.marblebusiness.com/test.php

I hope you will try to help me to make my site working,
    Can we talk online via msn or yahoo.
    my msn : [email protected]
    my yahoo : [email protected]

Thanks
    Munawar

Originally posted by theqase
    hmm.... i see what you are saying now... i didnt get an email either.

could you post a link to a phpinfo() on your server?

just create a file called phpinfo.php or something with the following code in it:

Code:
    <?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
    phpinfo();

?>
    and post a link to it.

Well, that didnt help me as much as I thought it was... I installed zencart on my website real quick, and it worked fine. I compared your phpinfo to mine, and the only thing I saw different that I thought could be a part of the problem was your session.use_trans_sid was set to off, and mine is set to on.

I have no idea if that could be the cause of that, but if you google that, you will find other people with login scripts having issues.

I dont know if you could get your host to enable that and see if it works for you or not. But other than that, I have no other idea right now.

Good luck.

Most of these types of systems will require that you click the link in the email to confirm your account before it will allow you to login. But if no one gets those emails, well, that's a problem!

I would contact my host and ask them to check where those emails are going. Maybe they have something installed that is blocking them by accident, or the queue is filled for some reason? But I would open up a dialog with them first.

Serversphere,

When I installed zencart on mine, I did not have to confirm via email first. So I would believe that is not the problem right now. It is just weird though.

When I installed zencart on mine, I did not have to confirm via email first. So I would believe that is not the problem right now. It is just weird though.
    Yep, tis strange. I wasn't sure, as I've only used OSCommerce before and it does behave that way. My guess is that the host has sendmail configured in such a way that the script needs to be modified or the settings within the config file need to be tweaked. Sometimes you can set them to use sendmail, sometimes SMTP (or if Windows cdonts or other such).

The logins are another story. Could be misconfigured cookie problem, session problem (as pointed out by you, theqase). Best bet is talk to your host if they support third party scripts, since they know the way their server is configured better than anyone.

Can you please tell me what i write in htaccess file to enable it ?

Well, that didnt help me as much as I thought it was... I installed zencart on my website real quick, and it worked fine. I compared your phpinfo to mine, and the only thing I saw different that I thought could be a part of the problem was your session.use_trans_sid was set to off, and mine is set to on.

I have no idea if that could be the cause of that, but if you google that, you will find other people with login scripts having issues.

I dont know if you could get your host to enable that and see if it works for you or not. But other than that, I have no other idea right now.

Good luck.

According to my research, I have not found a specific way to enable it, other than in the php.ini file. However, there are ways to disable it via htaccess and php, so I would think, If you change 'false' to 'true' in the following, then it would be enabled? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

For a .htaccess file you should add the following line:

php_flag session.use_trans_sid off <---In this case you would change off to on

And in PHP code:

ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', false); <--- In this case you would change false to true

I have did changes via this code in htaccess file

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
    php_value session.use_trans_sid 1
    php_value register_globals 1
    </IfModule>

you can test my site variable now here
    www.marblebusiness.com/test.php

But I am facing still same problem,

One thing I notice that if I use wrong password then script show error of wrong password, but If i use correct password then its dont show any error and return to login page again.

Any person have idea about this ?

Are you installing this script by hand? Or are you using something like fantastico to install it for you?

Im about clueless now.

Are you installing this script by hand? Or are you using something like fantastico to install it for you?

Im about clueless now.

Zencart and OScommerce first I copied with putty from their websites to my website.

Then I did unzip of these files.

Then I went to install file via browser, and did install as per instructions of scripts, scripts check everything like permissions, database validation, and server setting, then I got finish installation.

But after installation I saw these errors:
    system dont send emails.
    System dont login, if you create user it will not go to further, it will stuck at login page
    Cart dont add items and checkout, its clearing cart when checkout press.

Does any body can help