FreeBSD and Control Panel

What is a good control panel would be with FreeBSD, most people say CPanel but I'm going to take a guess that this is for the linux distros. I've been using FreeBSD for 5 years now, along with linux (2 years), but I think that with my new servers I'll be making the migration to FreeBSD because I feel much more comfortable adminstrating that system. The only viable options I currently see for control panels are:
    Plesk, CPanel, DirectAdmin, and HSphere.

Now KEEPING STABILITY, SECURITY, AND RELIABILITY in mind which control panel do you think would run the best?

I have personally used DirectAdmin and CPanel on my FreeBSD boxes before for testing purposes and I can only state the following:

DirectAdmin - Ran perfectly no downtime, excellent FreeBSD support.
    CPanel - Updates have usually broken something for FreeBSD.

Input would be greatly appreciated since I am looking at all viable options at this moment and time DirectAdmin seems like a good choice.
    PingPros LLC | International Network Consultant & Internet Service Provider
    Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, BGP, OSPF, Windows, Linux, and Mac Consulting services | Internet Service Provider
    High Quality Services at a very competitive price!

FreeBSD / Control Panels

Hey,

I was wondering if you learned anything in your quest for a control panel for FreeBSD which runs well (stable).

I was very much considering cpanel cause of all the support which exists for it. I believe modules are made to help do billing well and register domain names through godaddy with a ton of features.

I was concerned about cpanels ability to upgrade the OS, perl, php, mySQL.. etc... If unique modules are installed in perl for example, does everything break?

Thanks,
    -David

From Posts I've read in the past:
    With CPanel what I have found out, so far, is that upgrading can break some processes and from what I have read further I don't think CPanel should be run for easy server administration (you will always have to get to know your operating system via ssh access). Even with no modules and from reading multiple forums I've found that CPanel and FreeBSD will require a lot more work since you will have to be fixing up and administrating in case of newly available upgrades which can break certain processes.

So far the best control panel for FreeBSD in terms of stability seems to be DirectAdmin. Things don't break, their support team is very pro-active in their FreeBSD development, and their community with FreeBSD is continuely growing.

I personally would like an in depth analysis from somebody on these forums in regards to CPanel since from what I have read about their problems it has been from posts in the past. How have they improved their services for FreeBSD? Do processes break ocassionaly during upgrades?

So far I think
    Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, BGP, OSPF, Windows, Linux, and Mac Consulting services | Internet Service Provider

I run freebsd 4.11-stable on all of my boxes. Have been running freebsd4.x for quite awhile.. I have never had a problem with either directadmin or plesk. Plesk does have the odd tendency to crash without reason now and then but thats about it.

I went with DirectAdmin. Could not be happier . Been running smoothly no crashes no downtime smooth updates. This is definetly THE peice of software to run with FreeBSD from what I have tested now. I hope this helps other BSD users decide what Control Panel they should seriously look into. I will come back to this thread and update it later on. So far I had one update went smoothly no crashes no bugs.

As with any control panel, there will be bugs. Cpanel and FREEBSD has been great over the past year. Very few problems, we run 4.x and 5.x As mentioned by Senad, you need to know the OS and check out the cpanel forums for fixes if something comes up. I have also noticed over the past few months that builds are getting done alot quicker for FREEBSD than Linux distros.

Looks like more people are using FREEBSD as security is better out of the box...Just my two cents worth ...

Originally posted by ThinkSupport
    I would recommend FreeBSD with DA rather than cpanel.

DA + FreeBSD is one of the best combinations available and is very stable for production enviornment !
    Ditto. It's what we use and it's fast and stable.
    Miguel
    Teia Digital - Web Hosting
    http://www.teiadigital.pt/