Plesk & MySQL 4.x

I have server with CentOS 4x and Plesk 7.5.3 with MySQL 3.28 as I remeber but I would like to update it to 4.x.
    But I see that SW-Soft doesn't prepare any update patch for change MySQL to higher version which guarantee good work with Plesk.
    I think I can update MySQL with CentOS rpm but it is high risk that in Plesk I will have problem with it. Do you have any experiences similiar situations?

Well first I see you are running an unsupported OS. You also need to upgrade to 7.5.4.

But as for MySQL I would recommend going to www.atomicrocketturtle.com since you figured out how to install it and installed it on an unsupported OS I assume you can figure out how to install mysql.

Originally posted by l.stevens
    But as for MySQL I would recommend going to www.atomicrocketturtle.com since you figured out how to install it and installed it on an unsupported OS I assume you can figure out how to install mysql. [/B]
    Ok thanks for this link
    But how it works?

If you did not install Plesk on this server then I would recommend talking to whomever did it for you.

You stated you were running CentOS 4.x. This OS is unsupported by Plesk and ART (AtomicRocketTurtle).

You need to upgrade to 7.5.4, you can't do that directly without making changes in OS files because you installed to an unsupported OS.

The most common way to install those RPM's is via Yum, but you won't be able to do that because the OS is not supported by ART yet either.

CentOS 4.1 includes MySQL 4. As this is supported by RHE 4.x and Plesk Supports this in 7.5.4 it should theoretically work on CentOS 4.x. But considering neither Plesk nor the main non-swsoft support people for plesk have started offering support for CentOS 4.x there is no guarantee it will function.