* [High End] Need Full Mgmt without a Control Panel

I am in a bit of a predicament.

I need a high end server (dual core etc) with 2GB+ RAM and around 1,000GB bandwidth.

I dont want/need a control panel, but do require fully managed services.

I would love to be able to go with BeachComber or LiquidWeb, because of past experience with them/reputation, however they do not offer their fully managed services if you do not have a control panel installed.

Therefore can anyone suggest a provider of the same caliber, with similar pricing, that will deliver fully managed services with a control panel on the server?

Cheers, Matt.

This may help;

Go with liquid or a slightly cheaper provider and hire a company such as
    http://serverwizards.com/smanagement.php

They seem to manage a server without a CP.
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

bleh, I don't want to go around trashing SW at all, but you're going to be spending a lot on that box...and if I'm paying $250+/mo for an important server, I sure as hell wouldn't want those guys managing it for me.

I guess it depends on what OS you're going with. If it's FreeBSD, stay away...they don't have a clue. I wish I could recommend someone, but I've yet to find anyone that seemed competent (except rack911, they're fantastic, just last I checked didn't have any plans that fit me). If you find something good, let me know

I guess I am just curious....why no control panel?
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Because I only run 4-6 sites and cpanel isnt compatible with stuff like pgsql 8.04 etc

I think dedicatedplace.com offers full management without a control panel. I believe I asked them about that but you might want to verify.

A server with a control panel is far more stable and less un-expected than a server with a control panel....wise choice.

The problem(IMHO) is only real server admins can handle a server without a control panel as such it is harder to find a provider that will provide full server management on a server without a control panel. If you pay them enough, flexible provider will do that for you. There some out there, but I think I cannot recommend one that fit the price range.

PLESK have a licence with only 30 domains. Maybe you can use it. Because without CP is not easy to manage :|

On another note it is actually harder to manage a server with a control panel but many seems to "manage" using the control panel.

Hi,
    dedicatedplace.com seem decent, I just bought the $109US/mo p4 2.8 with 1GB of ram. I'll let you know how it goes if you're still looking in a day or two.

Depending on how the server is setup and what it is doing. It can be very easy to manage a server with out a contorl panel because you know exactly whats going on, also you dont have to worry about some control panel messing up what changes you had done prior etc.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

ServInt is another option
    Carpathia are good with that too.
    May be you can also talk to rackspace and negotiate some pricing.
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon