Angry Valuablehost.com - what's going on?

I signed up, got an email that I should receive an email with my account information within 24 hours, well, it's almost 48 hours now and nothing. The only thing I CAN do is log in to my useless account on their website. The domain is still NOT registered. What's up with valuable host? It's actually my fault for being a dumbass and not looking up reviews for them, but what the hell? And as for reviews, there aren't any after 2003 that I could find. I'm such a moron. Does anyone know anything about Valuable Host? I really hate myself right now.

Hi,
    You can always cancel your contract right?
    I never heard about this hosting provider. How much are you paying for your hosting?

Hello, hippieparade

Did you tried to contact them ?

Valuable Host

+1.3092967605
    Fax: 309-296-7605, +1.309
    8230 Taschereau # 50512
    Brossard, Quebec J4V 2V7
    CA

Good Luck

They charge $5/month, but they have a special for $51/year, plus $15 for a domain.

Also, thanks for the info, supremenetworks. Canada? oh geez. I really did it this time. In the automated email that I got, they had a US address:

ValuableHost.com
    251 N. DuPont Hwy. # 43
    Dover, DE 19901

Wtf?

I got that info thru here http://www.whois.sc/valuablehost.com contact them and ask them about that.

Good Luck

$5/month, that's really cheap. Might be why the customer service is not reliable.
    Is this for your business or to do hosting for another company?
    I could recommend you another company if you want to.

Sincerely,
    H.

This was just for a personal website. I hope to hell that I can get my money back if they do not respond to my emails. Perhaps I could get my credit card company involved, I think they can help out with things like this.

Hippi,
    Yeah, you credit card company is your best chance. Just contest the payment. Tell them they did not satisfy your needs and they're not responding to you.
    Good luck with it. Let me know if you need advises or help.

Did you try to conact them and see why your account has not yet been activated?

Originally posted by hippieparade
    . Canada? oh geez. I really did it this time.
    What's wrong with Canada, eh?
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

Nothing's wrong with Canada. I was just under the impression I was doing business with an American company. And sometimes other countries go by different laws and therefore businesses there can get away with certain things that are illegal in other countries. Really, Degrassi is a great show.

And well, about my original problem, I've gotten in contact with them, so HOPEFULLY I won't want to jump out the window over my $65. Thanks for all your help everybody.

> Canada? oh geez. I really did it this time.

Is there something wrong with doing business with a Canadian company????

Originally posted by ImageTutorials
    What's wrong with Canada, eh?
    Where to begin...where to begin....

When all else fails....BLAME CANADA!!!!

A couple of things that should have raised a flag was on their home page News - 01/27/05 - We are presently redoing our site to better serve you....Thank you for your patience

And number two, when you hit the order button the ssl certificate expired eleven months ago.

hippieparade have you heard anything from them yet?
    PrimeHost Inc. - Canadian Web Hosting PrimeHost.ca - Canada's Prime Web Host
    █ Reliable Web Hosting for Business and Personal Websites on Canadian Servers

Ya, kind of scary when you see the host's own website not been updated at all.

im not sure. used to be a good host.

If you use credit card, you can ask for chargeback from your local bank or cc company.

Never heard about Valuablehost. How did you hear about them?

Sorry to hear

Sorry, sad to see my old company doing poorly, some of you remember me, I sold the company some time ago after an injury. Did you ever get set back up?

The website design was supposed to be replaced after repeated demands that he replace the design, also the Dover, DE address is my business address not his. He never did renew the SSL certificate. I wish I had never sold the company, I was physically unable to do the work. Broken necks do that to a person.
    New Streamlined Sig---
    me, myself and I

This seems like an abandoned host They might have forgotten about the site maybe?
    Rene K.

I will try to get up with the owner and see what I can do to get a response for you, did your account ever get set up?
    New Streamlined Sig---
    me, myself and I

Just when I thought things could not get worse at Valuablehost....
    Valuablehost nameserver now points to wholesalebandwidth name servers.

All web sites down!
    No support, no contacts, nothing.
    Time to move.

DO NOT HOST WITH VALUABLEHOST!

Balleymoney is right on the money.

Everything's gone down again today. I might try contacting the original owner if I cna find his details again. It'd be interesting to know who's running or not running VH now.

The domain you were transfering to them and the email address you supplied as a contact.....Were they the same domain? With some hosts this can cause problems.

I feel really bad, I worked so very hard to build valuablehost up to a good company until my accident. It is sad to see it all go to crap. I have been unable to contact the person who bought the company from me. This makes me want to get back in to the business.
    New Streamlined Sig---
    me, myself and I

lots of free space around for a small personal website...
    With more success comes more expense!

Your best bet is to dispute the charge with your credit card company, I have done that before sucessfully.

Also, the website isn't even online right now....what's with that?
    Zero Unit Hosting - 24/7 support, PHP, MySQL, site builder, script library
    Web Host Friend Online Hosting Directory - Submit Your Site!