UK Reseller Programs

I know this question has been asked previously on this forum so please forgive my asking it again (So many to look through & given the nature of the market probably dated somewhat), with regard to: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=451006 my company is looking for a suitable alternative to the services webfusion used to provide well.

We are considering going dedicated and have already got a great deal on that, but short term we are looking into moving the domains onto a stable shared hosting provider, we host around 100 domains using an average of about 200MB each, most sites are PHP4/MySQL, webfusion's setup is fairly standard in terms of PHP modules and software versions (RH7, Apache 1.3/2, MySQL 3.23, PHP4) so it shouldnt be a problem to migrate anything we have done.

Webfusion are hardly the cheapest host in the world so money isnt so much of an issue, reliability is our main concern.

Our current providers servers are pathetically unstable & unreliable so its becoming a priority for us now.

Thanks In Advance

I was wondering if you managed to find anything suitable. I'm currently doing a few projects and want to set up multiple sites through one account and im also based in the UK.

if anyone has got any good recommendations i would greatly appreciate it also.

thanks
    George

I also need to move away from Webfusion soon for the same reasons, if you find a UK/European host that offers similar features I'd appreciate it if you could let us know in this thread. Thanks.

hi,

i am in the uk although i decided to go to the usa due to prices of resellers over here and lack of bandwidth and space, otherwise uk resellers make it so that you cannot really compete.

i am currently with elitehosts.com, who ae very good, and low cost.

hope that helps

<Signatures must be setup in your profile.>
    Last edited by ldcdc; 10-19-2005 at 09:53 AM.

100 sites with 200 mb each. Thats 20 gb.

If you can live with Plesk and located in NL i would say eurovps.com

I don't know any UK host that offer that big packages.

Hans

I have a site hosted in the UK and had a heck of a time finding a good host.

I don't know what is wrong with this sector but few hosts offer proper service in the UK.

Most force you to register your domain with them which is a big mistake in my opinion to do so.
    Having purchased a domain that was hosted in the UK I know first hand that this can become a big problem.
    It took me 4 months to get the domain transfered and out of the hands of the hosting company.

Second their supported software is very limited.
    One wouldn't support, for instance, MYSql with Perl.
    I looked at 10 different hosting companies before I took one.

I did find one that was good but they still are not 100%.
    Still my site is hosted there and the uptime and server response is very good.

I expect a good host to offer full support for all current software commonly used.

But this is not easy to find in the UK.
    CW3 Web Hosting

Award winning hosting 99.99% Up Time - Low Server population for max performance 24/7.

I have a site hosted in the UK and had a heck of a time finding a good host.
    Where were you looking ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

For hosts that had servers located in the UK.

Many claim to be UK based but do not have their servers within the UK.

As to how many I checked - quite a few.
    Ran down a list of hosts from every place I could find UK hosts listed.

One of the biggest hosts in the UK has no way to reach them.
    You go to their contact page and they pretty much state we may not answer your question.

By comparison to the US hosting outfits it's a day and night difference between the US and UK as far as expectation of service goes.

Seems the Brits just do not expect more from their companies.

I emailed each one that seemed ok on the surface.
    For each I had asked if they support Perl/MySQL and PHP/GD
    This is standard stuff in the US but in the UK you need to find out what is and is not supported.
    The host I settled on supported both but does not support Net:SLeay

Vin
    CW3 Web Hosting

Award winning hosting 99.99% Up Time - Low Server population for max performance 24/7.

Have you thought about unitedhosting.co.uk ? They are not cheap (comparative to the US based hosts) but if their reseller service is anything like their shared (which I'm 100% sure it is) you wont find better. They have started offering uk based hosting now.

Send them an email I'm sure they'll be able to accomodate your needs
    AMN WebTech
    We offer a variety of plans at competitive rates.
    Visit us for further details www.amnwebtech.co.uk

That is one I rejected - they do not have servers in the UK

Vin
    CW3 Web Hosting

Originally posted by vincentg
    That is one I rejected - they do not have servers in the UK

Vin
    Hello Vincent,

Actually just a few weeks ago we announced the addition of servers in the UK. All our packages now come with a choice of location, so we can offer UK hosting. Maybe you havent seen our website recently
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

I'm presently hosted in London.
    Service is good except they don't support net: sleay
    This makes it so I can't support Paypal payments since the software (Links SQL) requires this.

If I decide to switch I'll keep you in mind.
    CW3 Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by redihot.com
    hi,

i am in the uk although i decided to go to the usa due to prices of resellers over here and lack of bandwidth and space, otherwise uk resellers make it so that you cannot really compete.

i am currently with elitehosts.com, who ae very good, and low cost.

hope that helps

<Signatures must be setup in your profile.>
    That's definitely true, the USA's infrastructure and bandwidth availability is second to none. For once something is cheaper in the United States rather than some other place (e.g. India, China, etc.)
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

you should really look into eurovps. i've been hosting with them for about 8 months and their servers are top quality. our server has been continuously up for 68 days now. they offer tremendous support and service. the main reason i decided to go with them was the word around here about how reliable they are. i was so sick of having an unstable server and numerous problems each day that the host didn't even know how to correct for some time.

im pretty sure they could offer you a custom quote so you should throw them an email and see what happens. igor and vasili are great guys.

[email protected]

we decided to go dedicated in the end, got a great deal on it & given the fact that nobody seems to work reseller programs in the same way as webfusion do it was the best way forward for us, given the volume of domains we host it was cheaper as well