Thread: Just Saying Hi!

Just Saying Hi!

Hello everyone!

Just popping in to say hi! Great forum... I've been a lurker for some time. I started a little hosting biz earlier this year. I've learned a lot so far, but I KNOW I have soooooooo much more to learn.

It wasn't really my intention to get into the business; happened by accident. I originally was going to get a reseller account just to host my own sites, but after chatting with some people figured out I might be able to make some money just from referral biz... and I have. It's paid for itself many times over!

...and now I'm hooked.

Anyway... I look forward to learning more from all of you AND hopefully someday being able to contribute a bit myself.

Have a good one!

-Matt

Hi Matt and welcome to posting at WHT

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the insane asylum.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Welcome to WHT and congrats on a good entry into the business.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Welcome to WHT. You will quickly learn that there are two favored pastimes on WHT:
    1) Making worthless posts to increase postcount and company visability
    2) Bashing all the idiots that post things against the rules.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

1) Making worthless posts to increase postcount and company visability
    2) Bashing all the idiots that post things against the rules.
    I think that is a challenge for any busy forum... I see the volume of people that are on here at any one time; I'm sure the mods are kept super busy.

I always find it hard to believe the effort some will put into get their sigs seen. There are so many better ways to spend time marketing then looking for an opening in a forum no matter how busy it is........

Part of the problem is the fact that there are eBooks written on the subject now... how to market to forums. I have a funny feeling the only people making real money with that approach are the people selling the eBooks!

Originally posted by IMCoach
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I think that is a challenge for any busy forum... I see the volume of people that are on here at any one time; I'm sure the mods are kept super busy.

I always find it hard to believe the effort some will put into get their sigs seen. There are so many better ways to spend time marketing then looking for an opening in a forum no matter how busy it is........

Part of the problem is the fact that there are eBooks written on the subject now... how to market to forums. I have a funny feeling the only people making real money with that approach are the people selling the eBooks!
    If you have been following recent trends, homemade ebooks are the new "big thing." There's an ebook on everything. The ones on major topics, like SEO, run up to ~$60 in some cases.

As for the constant posting by members, check the shared and deddicated forums. You will see many members (even those that might be considered "respected" replying simply to get another post in. These replies are generally just a couple of words, agreeing with one of the posters.

As for the massive spamming I have done today, well, I am not in the hosting industry so I don't really care