Looking for new hosting

I am looking for a new host that will not pull the rug out from under me. I am currently using ResellerZoom, but with the recent hard limits on emails per hour, I can no longer stay with them. I run a non profit dog rescue group and have a mailman list with 291 users. Zoom has placed a limit of 500 messages per hour, and as you can see, with that many users, the list can only send 1 email per hour. They are not willing to work with me after being a customer for 8 months, so any other companies you can recommend would be greatly appreciated.

What is your budget?

You might want to contact any hosts you are looking at about a custom plan. Before signing up be sure that they will allow this sort of usage, so you can save yourself headaches in the future. As far as looking for a host what sort of specs are you looking for? Check out the offers section of the forum, and do a lot of research on whoever you consider to look for feedback on them.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

My budget is in the 35 - 45 dollar a month range. This site was a great help when I was looking for hosting last winter. I made sure that ResellerZoom was aware of my requirements with the list at the time, and they were fine with it. Now, they have put in hard limits on emails, so we need a new home.

Of course, the list is the major requirement. Disk space, I'm looking at 5 gig +. Our main site gets about 13,000 hits a month, and I need to be able to host multiple domains. (15-20 total)

Your requirements sound decent. I am sure this is possible with any competitors, try sending emails and verifying before you make the purchase.

I will. As I said, this site was a tremendous help last winter, so I am glad they are still here and still active.

dont fall into any more "traps" you need someone to keep you up and online with ease. recommendations may come in shortley.

I recommend you check out a VPS. Then you can control the amount of mail you send out yourself

I second ScreamingEaglePC, a VPS might work just great for you.
    ******** - ASP, ASP.NET. Windows 2008 Hosting - Windows Reseller Plans

1 Exabyte = two to the sixtieth power byte, 1,152,921,504,606,846,976 bytes

Can you recommend anyone selling VPS in my price range? Right now, I am looking at AccuBURST, but I sent an email to their sales group over two hours ago and haven't heard anything from them yet.

IF you want to go a little over-budget:

http://www.liquidweb.com/shared/plan4.htm

If not:

http://powervps.com/cpanel-vps.php (I recommend them over spry)
    http://www.spry.com/vps-hosting/select/

There's a few other places.

If you need any help with the setup, I'd be happy to get you started. Free of charge of course

Just let me know.

Out of the VPS providers that I've used, PowerVPS is the best. Also see ServInt, they're pretty good as well. (PowerVPS is a little cheaper and does server hardening by default so it may be better for you).

I haven't tried Liquid Web, but I am definitely thinking of it in the future.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Hey,

Which rescue are you involved with? My Mother-in-law owns a vet hospital in PA and they do a lot with various rescues to help them out.

How many emails pass through the list on average per hour?

If the only issue your running into with your current host is the email lists, then you could look to just move those off to another host. Just a thought

I'm sure there are plenty of hosts who would be willing to help you guys out.
    http://www.eBoundary.com - Let us help you expand your eBoundaries!
    Fast, Secure and reliable FreeBSD shared, reseller and dedicated hosting.
    FREE Peace of mind with every account!

Norwegian Elkhound Rescue. We are the only national rescue and see a lot of dogs in PA. As a matter of fact, our coordinator lives in PA.

On average, only 10-15 messages an hour. We spiked on Friday as a list member passed away.

I prefer to keep control of the list myself. A lot less headaches that way.

Have you found a hosting company ?

Did you have any luck finding a hosting company ?? if not let me know exactly what you need. and i will help you find something to meet your needs

I am trying Accuburst. I signed up yesterday afternoon and am waiting for them to copy my list over and get my dedicated ip. They assured me both by phone and email that our list traffic would be no problem.

I actually went with a reseller plan as we have several domains.

They are in CT and have a reported uptime of (I think) 99.7

I will remember to check with you if things don't work out with them.

Everyone has 99.7% uptime :)

Linux boxes never go down until there is a hd crash do they also include daily backups of your files ?