Where to buy rackmount servers in Europe?

Can anyone suggest us from where to buy rackmount servers in Europe.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Where to buy rackmount servers in Europe?

Originally posted by jolly
    Can anyone suggest us from where to buy rackmount servers in Europe.
    Thanks in advance.
    Have you taken a look at dell or rackservers.com? Personally I always use dell as it suits what I need but it depends on what you are looking for really.

I stick to Dell. Always get a good deal and their service is speedy.

Any where specific in europe you are looking?

Looking in Netherland.

www.actualis.biz
    www.ahead-it.be

they provide supermicro servers.

We also buy from Dell when they have some interesting offers but those 2 shops allow you to order the solution you really want.
    (try to get AMD64 at dell..)

Is it possible to get AMD64 at Dell?. I thought they only have Intel CPU in their servers/PC.

Dell's service in the Netherlands is absolutely horrible. We are still waiting now 30+ days for them to come by and replace a power supply on a 38,000 Euro server.

If you want to build your own server I recommend Chembro.
    EuroVPS - Europe's Fully Managed Hosting
    Established 2004 - The European Hosting Authority

Sorry to hear about that but have you called them directly?. I mean you have to call them every day or something like that to get some attention from them.

ahead-it offers great service with their servers, prices are neat.

I mean you have to call them every day or something like that to get some attention from them.
    Could you imagine if I told my customers they had to call me every day to get my attention? I think that when we choose to buy a Dell 6850, pay over the price of a luxury BMW, and receive a DOA server with a bad PSU, then are waiting over 30 days because the 'part is not available', that is unacceptable.

Dell service is beyond ridiculous, this happened to us last year with a 2850 PSU we never even got the replacement part from Dell, we just sourced some spares from a dealer. Dell warranty is useless, good luck getting a floppy drive out of them much less anything else.

We only buy IBM servers now. Dell is history, even if they're 30% cheaper, you get what you pay for in this world. We called IBM last month to come out and INVESTIGATE about a failed RAID system in a 2.5 yr old xSeries, they were on site the same day with controller, drives , motherboard, and even SCSI cables.

He wasn't able to retrieve data as in fact 2 disks had failed however he was prepared for everything, and was willing to work. Dell won't do that, they'll just write you off if you call them for support.
    EuroVPS - Europe's Fully Managed Hosting
    Established 2004 - The European Hosting Authority