..and i thought i was doing just fine.

Let's go back to last year, I started working on this business, it was doing really good, but one night my co worker tells me we got kicked out of our server because one of our clients is doing spam (something we didn't know OBVIOUSLY), root server found out and just kicked out, we managed ourselves to move out in a weekend and it was "ok".

After that I found some good reseller websites, but for some business reason I had to drop any Foreign Server and get a national one (i'm from venezuela), so I had to go back with the one who kicked me out,root server told me i was welcome as long as NO SPAM, so...i agree.

Now this is my situation, one of my clients SOMEHOW consumed 26Gb of Bandwith in less than a week, this is WEIRD considering that its limit is on 10 Gb (wonders....shouldn't server block the account once bandwith is exceeded?) , so what does root server does? He suspends the account WITHOUT TELLING ME EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER DOING IT, so I decided tu unsuspend the site since I dont have any information about that, what happen next?. MY ALL reseller account is deactivated, no access to anything.

Is this the right way to deal with this situations?I'm concern too about that client's bandwith use but how do i find out what happened if i dont have access to my control panel?¿.

BTW, client claims not to know what 's the reason for bandwith high levels, I believe him.

Now I'm moving again to another server, hopefully i'll add to my questions "how do you deal with X situations?" . It seems that the actual root server deals any issue by kicking out clients, i've been already warned "or either kicked the client or i'm the kicked out"

i wont say the name of the server cause i haven't move out yet.

Thanks for reading