Site based favorites/bookmarks script?

I'm looking for a way to allow visitors to a site to keep a list of favorite pages from the site, not in their browser's favorites/bookmarks but rather that would appear as links on each page of the site as they navigate around.

I've seen this done before, though I can't recall where now, but I remember thinking it had to be javascript & cookie based since the pages were pure html.

Anyone know of an available script for something like this? I hate to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks,
    Scott
    BanPro NET - stable & secure web services since 2000

"It's hard to dance if you just lost your wallet. Whoa! Where's my wallet? But, hey this song is funky." - Mitch Hedberg

Thanks, I worded my question poorly I think as I wasn't really looking for a "bookmarks" type script, but rather something of a similar fashion that in essence created a 'living' or 'growing' navigation menu system where individual visitors could add menu links to specific site-based pages that interested them.

Since something like this is unique to the visitor, it has to be either mysql or cookie based, and since my site doesn't use a membership that narrowed it down to cookie based for my case. I found a javascript/cookies solution that was close to this and made some modifications so all is good.

Thanks for your reply,
    Scott
    BanPro NET - stable & secure web services since 2000

try www.vshsoft.com

bookmark thumbnail script