Windows Plesk and MS SQL Problems

I am having an windows 2003 server with Plesk 7.5 installed. The problem that I am facing on this server is that whenever any database is created through the Plesk control panel and tried to accessed through the 'dbwebadmin', it does not login successfully and prompts the error message as follows:

Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login for user 'bes' Source .net Sqlclient Data provider.

I do not understand what is wired with the plesk, basically the problem is that when an login attempt is being made by the webadmin, it is trying to access the other databases that are NOT assigned to the user. When I directly connect to the sql server using the 'Enterprise Manager' there is no problem and the default database gets selected successfully without any problems. So there is some problem only with the plesk.

Has anyone faced such problems with Plesk? Please help!!!

Thanks

It isn't with Plesk, it's with the ASP.NET SQL Manager. Which version of 7.5.x are you running? I'm managing a server with over 700 domains on 7.5.4 and not seeing this issue.

The version of plesk is 7.5.2. Additionally when the users connect through the enterprise manager they are not able to view their databases under the 'Database' Node in the enterprise manager.

Can someone provide me the exact step by step details of how to set ASP SQL.NET with Plesk?

Thanks!!

First you need to upgrade to 7.5.4. Then you need to go to Server/Database and make sure the correct username and password is set for admin access.

After this most likely you are going to have to go in and fix the usernames and associate them properly with the databases as it sounds like they currently aren't.

Originally posted by l.stevens
    It isn't with Plesk, it's with the ASP.NET SQL Manager. Which version of 7.5.x are you running? I'm managing a server with over 700 domains on 7.5.4 and not seeing this issue.

upsss!

my server sometimes down. I'm hosting only 300 sites

my server p4 3.0 HT / 2gb ddr / sata

whats your server spec.?

The server I'm managing is a Dual Xeon 2.8GHZ w/ HT, 2GB RAM, 2 x 120GB Drives.

If you are having outage issues then you should start checking for errors, make sure your configuration is optimized to handle the load, verify you aren't bottlenecking, check the load of the various sites are putting on the server, etc...

Plesk itself does not tend to cause a server to crash. Most of the time I have found the problem is the server is not configured to handle the load.