Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Problem with Site5

Helo

For about a year i have been a consumer of site5 and never head any mayor problems with them but nova days stuff started to go strange:

- The server load is over 2.5 - it DAS makes cms websites NOT fast any more, actually my drupal sites are slow on that box. Support says its not a problem and closes the ticket.

- Last 2 months some times i notice server is offline. very rear but it started to happened - my consumers have noticed that and its not funny any more...

- Nova days im moving email server with 10 domains and 100 email accounts to site5, so im trying to get attention of support and its hard, as it never used to be. Now im waiting all ready 24h for update of the ticket and don`t get ANY response.

Do you also expired such a change of quality of them service? Its use to be ok, but now im feeling more and more like doing business with some sort of budget (discount) supermarket.

Thanx for your opinions
    Obin.org - Independent media workshop

Hi,

I'd suggest you posting this on their forum and try getting their attention and also try giving them a call and see if they can fix the issue for the server you;re on.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

You should post this on their forums, you will get more attention from them

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope it gets better for you.

Hey szcyzm,

I appreciate your business, and want you to know that we're committed to making sure you're not only satisfied, but utterly blown-away by the service you receive from Site5.

I've assigned our customer service case manager to get in touch with you shortly and see what needs to be done in order to quickly and permanently resolve the issues you've raised.

Regarding your delayed response--keep in mind that some of our departments are not fully-staffed over the weekend. But, as always, our support team is available 24x7, and there are currently only half a dozen open support tickets (all but one of them are only a few minutes old). If you send an email to Brendan Diaz at [email protected] that includes your ticket number, he will look into the situation and be able to tell you exactly what the status of your request is.

In addition, as a token of our commitment and good faith, I'd like to extend an offer of three months of Site5 hosting completely free of charge. You mentioned that you haven't been totally satisfied by your experience here lately--now it's our turn to show you that we care about your business, and that we're still the same great Site5 that you were impressed by previously (well maybe not exactly the same--we've been hard at work making many improvements ).

I appreciate your business thus far, and look forward to seeing you rejoin the ranks of supremely satisfied Site5 customers!

Matt
    Matt Lightner - http://www.mattlightner.com/
    - First initial to the last name at the mail service provided by the world's largest search engine
    - Founder and CEO (Former) Site5.com, sold in 2008
    - Really honestly wants to be a good WHT citizen but can never remember all the correct etiquette. Mods, sorry in advance

In addition, as a token of our commitment and good faith, I'd like to extend an offer of three months of Site5 hosting completely free of charge

That looks quite a good deal

well, thanx, i hope now it will be solved, i just wroute to bdaz.

actually solving of that ticket is more inportant to me then 3 months of hosting - ouer mail server have problems and its urugent to me.

thanx for reply.

Unhappy hmmm

Originally posted by premium20
    That looks quite a good deal
    well, not so much... promisses and sugar around but diaz is not answering 90 minutes and my ticket (and any contact with site5 exept for autoreply) is still not answered (37h).

and yes, i did checked my spam box and yes, i did gave them additional email contact with me.

YES, i am angry becouse i NEED to move that server over that weekend and i need to do it right. And the for i go with site5.

dear site5 boss: i dont need the collorfull skin to cpanel. i dont need long letters of promisses and your watch on whm for troubles. right now i need carefull admin to move 100 email boxes and i need that he will make his best to make it right, so that my consumers will be happy and dont go away from my brand. no more.

And in future i need actually only 10% of promisses from your website. That will make me happy.

So fare im pissed of becouse i have noticed my consumers of migration over weekend, in friday i have send a mail to support, now its sunday and i did not get any reply exept for promisses so I AM ANGRY NOW and it will be not fixed with 1 millenium of free hosting !!!

I do hope your issue gets resolved soon. I never meant to say that you got a good deal, cuz if your site has problems, no amount of free or waived fee can be a substitute.

I will hope this gets to the notice of Matt.

Thanks

I noticed a lot of threads like this lately. I hope they can get things fixed for you.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

* Ticked closed ...

Well, after submitting the next ticket, where i beg for attention for old ticket i get answer that it will be processed when the support queue will be empty in next 24h.

But i use external dns so after my question for a bit more precise information of migration, my ticket have been closed.

40h of waiting.

Now its to late to change company, they all ready charged cash from me and i dont have time to look for new host but im very disappointed, according to slogans and proud marketing blah blah around. I will update you about the progress and on the end ask on site5`s forums for opinions of other users. Hopefully they will successfully move the stuff before my consumers check mail tomorrow morning.

Dear szczym,

I'd like to start off by personally expressing my deepest apologies for not responding to your email within a reasonable amount of time. When Matt sent me an email notification to address this issue on WHT it was 2:30 AM EST. I am not on duty over night, but Matt asked me to address the issue first thing in the morning. When you sent the email a few hours later, I was still sleeping at 5:00 AM EST. While I am not officially scheduled to work Sundays, just like everyone else on the Site5 team, I typically monitor my email throughout the day even over the weekends and address critical problems during my off time. Unfortunately, what Matt didn't know was that I am experiencing a slight medical problem that has restricted the amount of time I can spend on my computer - instead of checking my email first thing this morning, I slept in, and was planning on putting in a few hours of off the clock work this evening (now). I have an infection in my eye (you can see a picture of it here: http://www.site5.com/intern/images/eyepic.jpg) and when I spend long periods of time watching TV, or the computer screen, etc. it really irritates the eye and causes severe burning and swelling. I have made several trips to the eye doctor in the past week and the medication I'm taking does soothe the pain and has been clearing up the infection. The reason I haven't told Matt or my manager at Site5 is because I will still be able to work during my normal shifts this week, so I didn't consider the problem relevant to my work. So please do not blame Matt for asking me to look into this, and then your email essentially falling through the cracks. This was my fault.

In regard to your tickets - you've sent in a total of 3 tickets since you initially posted here on WHT, and now I will attempt to explain why you've had to wait so long for one request, while the others were handled promptly.

The first ticket you sent in (for your reference, ID#: BMY-13673-802) was to the "Transfer Request" department. The transfer department is not one of our customer support departments, and it is not monitored 24/7/365. Transfer requests are normally processed during the week by John Hwang. Over the weekend, if John is available to do site transfers (and is not working on technical support issues) he will process transfers on a first come first server basis. As you know from the information John has provided you with in this ticket, he is working on the transfer for you. Some of the sites have already been transferred to the reseller account, and some of them are requiring a little bit extra work but will be completed as soon as possible. As John mentioned, we need additional information from you, or whoever administers those remote servers to complete the transfer of certain accounts. Also, some of the accounts are fairly large and can take a few hours to transfer. But again, John has been working on this with you in the ticket, and the reason the ticket originally took so long to receive a response is because the transfer request department is not monitored 24/7. I will be checking up on the status of this ticket throughout the night and will work with John to make sure we get this resolved for you as soon as we can.

The second ticket you sent in (ID#: CLW-74571-366) was sent directly to our support department. After several questions and responses from our support team, the ticket was marked resolved because you were asking for someone to look at your transfer request. John himself responded to the ticket explaining that he would get to the transfer request as soon as he could, but his first responsibility was to the support department. Here were the response times in between each of your questions, and a reply from a Site5 representative:

Your first question was responded to in 10 minutes.
    Your second question was responded to in 5 minutes.
    Your third question was responded to in 9 minutes.
    Your fourth question was responded to in 14 minutes, and then the ticket was set to "resolved".

Your third ticket (ID#: ZGF-30885-210) to the support department did not pertain to the transfer request issue, but all responses from our support staff were within 15 minutes of your questions.

Site5's customer support department is monitored 24/7/365 by multiple staff members at all times. The Site5 customer service department (sales, billing, transfer requests, etc.) are not all monitored 24/7/365. Essentially, the reason you've become so frustrated and upset is because of a simple misunderstanding. No matter who is right and who is wrong in this situation, Site5 is dedicated to providing our customers with the best web hosting experience possible - and the fact that you've become a disgruntled customer is not acceptable to us. We value your business tremendously and if you're upset, for whatever reason, we do appreciate your questions, comments, or complaints because they will ultimately help us learn how to serve you better. I believe this specific situation can be resolved easily once we transfer your accounts for you, and that you will be thoroughly impressed with the high quality service you receive from our support department. Please forgive us for the initial confusion over this transfer request, and accept Matt's offer of 3 months-free of charge as a gift for any headaches or inconveniences that this issue may have caused.

Once again, I am sorry for taking so long to address this issue; it definitely should have been handled better on my end. I have sent you an email with additional information and details about the transfer and the 3 months of free service credit. I look forward to hearing back from you, and I also look forward to working through this debacle with you. Thank you so much for your continued patience, have a great day!
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

not the only one

Thank goodness I'm not the only one with problems with site5 at the moment, totally, totally gone bad in the last month, I'm currently shopping around for a new host and would be happy for suggestions. Interesting that the management comment here yet cant respond to emails.

Re: not the only one

Originally posted by theblackader
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one with problems with site5 at the moment, totally, totally gone bad in the last month, I'm currently shopping around for a new host and would be happy for suggestions. Interesting that the management comment here yet cant respond to emails.
    Hi There,

We're very dedicated to addressing each and every email we receive. If you have an unanswered/outstanding issue, we want to know about it!

As I mentioned to the person above, we intend on investigating your situation and figuring out why you haven't received a response. If you send a note to Brendan and include your customer number and/or past ticket numbers, he will work with you (for as long as necessary!) in order to ensure that you're once again completely satisfied with Site5.

Matt
    - First initial to the last name at the mail service provided by the world's largest search engine
    - Really honestly wants to be a good WHT citizen but can never remember all the correct etiquette. Mods, sorry in advance

Thumbs down Im very sorry for your eye infection

helo diaz and all on whm.

im very sorry for your eye infection. Also im very very sorry that when you have such problems happens to come such anoying consumer like me. support stuf from other companes know me allready (ask vlad from resellerzoom for example) so here on whm rest of the community should take in maind that is acctualy hard to have me as the consumer.

Backing to bizznes: yes, your support stuff usually is answering tickets in less then 15 minutes. and i dont have a time right now to argue with you what is good or what is bad. Im menager also so lets look on facts:

• site5 been not able to shedule with me time of migration (i have asked for it in 2 tickets).
    • for 40 h i did not get ANY response for request of transfer (sent to support depantment, not "transfer team" so some one forwardet it with no notyfication to me).
    • right now AGANE my question concering state of migration is not answered for 12h (and you have time to post on whm).
    • 2 of my consumers allready asked what about migration.

And from my prespective the last point is acctualy the big problem for me.

My opinion after that weekend is that site5 is in deep deep problems and im not going to recoment it to any one who is taking the hosting bizznes syrously. Sorry.

One day it was cool to work with you.

But its managment have time to post very long letters. That is so impressive in deed.

Matt
    the 15 minutes for a response half the time is a joke, and has been for the better part of at least a month, and the other times its either my fault according to the response or another clients, but its never, ever fixed! This has been going on for weeks, and in the last week has gotten beyond a joke. Regular down time, time outs. I've got people screaming at me and despite lodging a complaint Friday no response.

Bandwidth Problems

What about the Bandwidth problems that Site5 is now currently having, when will you solved this? The whole NOVA server is being troubled by this, we have posted questions and queries in the Site5 forum and send you emails but we received no reply. This has been going for 3-5 days and it is unacceptable. Please get this fixed ASAP.

Our clients are getting worried and confused why they have used 2GB of bandwidth a day.

We hope a quick solution will be done soon. Thank You.

I'm not sure what server I'm on but I can say this much, my max daily bandwidth has been 1.6gb per day on a 150gb package, way below what I'm allowed and yet I'm told its my fault and I'm using to much???

Re: Im very sorry for your eye infection

Holy smokes!

To the Site5 customers posting in this thread: we're more than happy to do whatever is required to resolve the problems you're reporting here. I don't want you to feel that you need to post here on WHT to get attention--we have people working 24x7 to make your Site5 experience as enjoyable as can be. Rest assured that your comments are not falling on deaf ears--we pay close attention to customer feedback and have an ongoing commitment to improving.

All five members of the management team had our regular three-day meeting on Friday, Saturday and today to discuss ways that we can make Site5 as great as can be. To say that we don't care about the experinces of customers is not at all the case.... we're all ears!
    Originally posted by szczym
    My opinion after that weekend is that site5 is in deep deep problems and im not going to recoment it to any one who is taking the hosting bizznes syrously. Sorry.
    I'm sorry you feel this way, however I can assure thread readers that we are absolutely not "in deep deep problems." This couldn't be farther from the truth. We are doing better than ever and have several very exciting announcements and new releases coming within the next couple of weeks.

Please be aware that this review does not accurately reflect Site5's service levels. The thread starter, as he mentioned himself, never even made it to our servers (we attempted to transfer his site twice, and the transfer didn't go through due to a problem connecting to his old server on both occasions). We don't have control of many factors involved in moving accounts from other hosts to Site5, and it is for that reason that we make no guarantees about when or even if we will be able to perform them. We make every effort to provide this courtesy to our customers, but as much of it depends on circumstances beyond our control, sometimes it doesn't go according to plan. This will be the case with any host.

We wish you the best of luck at your next provider and hope that you'll reconsider Site5 for future hosting needs.

And just as a final thought--please direct these issues through the proper channels! If you feel that an issue didn't get a satisfactory response from the Site5 representative who assisted you, please use the "Request Management Review" button in our support system--that's why it's there!

We will get these matters cleared up in record time, but having to juggle responses in these threads in addition to the normal support channels really does take up someone's time which would be better spent working directly with customers.

Matt

* Blah blah but the storry go.

Dear Matt

Pepole post here becouse they cane not get help from support. that is one of reasons, the for whm is. Reputation of site5 might be better if you start fixing problems, then we will stop complain here.

and now about my ticket:

I rectived 14 ago a message:
    I've attempted to transfer two accounts already.

xxx.com has failed because the packaged tar our server downloads does not checksum match therefore, there is a problem with this account on the other end. This needs to be investigated by whoever administrates those remote servers.

I've been transferring the xxx.net account and left it to transfer for the last 2 hours and it still has not yet completed. This is probably going to take a while to transfer all over.
    so i have aswered:
    ok, so should i wait for sucessufull transition of accounts, that might transfer or issue a ticket to support of {oldcompany} concerning problem with transfer of xxx.com?

im asking becouse that remoute server is overload and few times all
    ready happend that when i been making backup, load went to 16 and sysadmin booted it up, so my backup was terminated.

cheers. thanx for info and sorry very much for my bad english ;-o
    till that time i did not get answare for my question. within that 14 h i have also asked 3 times for status of my transfer and did not get any. Once on Matt`s PM via whm.

Im your consumer till 1 year, now i have 4 accounts with you. The for in my opinion site5 in in deep problems. But its from my own prespective.

Now please please please would you be so kind to answare my questions [B]before[B] posting a reply to that thred. my ticket is #BMY-13673-802

My wifes site was hosted at site5 for about 6 months. Email was rather slow connecting, as was the website. I was not sure if the slow site was a server issue or a script issue. I did email them about the email issue, and they told me to let them know when it was happening. I told them all the time.

I transfer my wife's site over to my server a few days ago, and everything is much faster now.

Site5 is having some issues with server overcrowding or something.

Anyways, they were not too bad in the way of response times, and I never noticed any downtime.

So I would say that they are doing about 10 times better than a lot of webhosts do.

Edited to make more sense, getting tired.

oh yeah and to the OP,

nova=now a

I am sure your first language is not english, so I thought you might like to know how to spell that.

If you feel that an issue didn't get a satisfactory response from the Site5 representative who assisted you, please use the "Request Management Review" button in our support system--that's why it's there!
    You only got a smirk out of me with that one. WHY have I been waiting for over 48 hours to receive an answer from management@ ? You certainly did have time to post in this thread...

idcdc
    you're going ok, I emailed management 72 hours ago,still no reply, and yet we get these terse "go through the official channels rubbish" sorry
    Matt, I wouldn't be writing this if you'd actually started reading and responding to your email.

Originally posted by ldcdc
    You only got a smirk out of me with that one. WHY have I been waiting for over 48 hours to receive an answer from management@ ? You certainly did have time to post in this thread...
    Dan,

If you remember, we offered to go out of our way to pay you via check, as you are unable to use PayPal from your country. Your stance at the time was that Site5 would be listed as an "honest host" regardless of whether we offered to make a special exception in your case and send affiliate payments via check.

So I was basically faced with the options of receiving many referrals for free or paying $55+ for each of them, and I offered, without hesitation, to go against our affiliate program policies and do whatever was required to send money to you. You first requested that we use some other third-party payment processor--we agreed and were happy to work with you on that. When that didn't work for you, we agreed to have our accountant send checks directly.

Keep in mind that our affiliate program policies clearly state that payments are made only via PayPal and that members must be able to receive payments that way in order to participate in our program. You don't meet that criterion, and yet I offered to accommodate your circumstance.

As I mentioned our management team has been in a three-day meeting session, so this non-urgent matter will be dealt with later today or tomorrow. As I type this, more than half of the team members are on airplanes. Urgent issues, whether sent to management or support, are immediately reviewed by the senior team member to make sure that it's not something that can (and should) be handled by one of the people on duty. The [email protected] email autoresponder even states very clearly that it may take 48 hours to receive a response from management. Also consider that this was over a weekend and, as I mentioned, all of the management team was in meetings for all of Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I'm sorry you felt the need to chime in on this thread. As a WHT leader, part of your responsibility should be to set an example for the rest of the community by exhibiting proper community conduct. In my ever so humble opinion, chiming in here in "bandwagon fashion" and failing to provide any details of your situation (perhaps the fact that it was an affiliate issue--not a support one--which has been the focus of this thread) seems to be an attempt to make Site5 look bad in public. We have had many conversations on IM in the past, and I have always been more than accommodating with you. All it would have taken was a friendly IM (that doesn't include the curt, demanding one you sent a couple of hours ago while I was asleep...) to ask about the status of things and I would have happily checked on it for you. After all, it is a nonstandard situation, and even though we have admittedly been unacceptably slow in getting your check sent out, I would have hoped that our willingness to go to additional trouble so that you could receive commissions on the referrals you send our way would have made you somewhat more understanding.

Oh, and certainly don't let the fact that we published your website's URL at the very top and center of the advertisement presently appearing on the back cover of both PingZine and The Hosting Standard (over $10k worth of high-exposure hosting industry print advertising...) stop you from becoming indignant about the situation and then posting about it in a public forum...

Once again--I apologize for the fact that it has taken so long for you to receive affiliate payment from us. That is not acceptable, even considering the fact that we made a special arrangement regarding payment method. I will personally ensure that your check will be sent out today (if it hasn't been already). That notwithstanding, we will not be sending you affiliate payments via check again, as it appears our willingness to accommodate your special situation has led to nothing but additional trouble for both of us. If you would like to continue participating in our affiliate program, you will need to find a way to receive payments via the standard payment channel (PayPal).

Incidentally, as someone who claims to promote objectivity and unbiased reviews, I certainly hope that an inability to participate in our affiliate program doesn't affect our status as an "honest" host.

I'm sorry that this is where things wound up, and I apologize to the many readers who could care less about this situation. This really isn't an issue that belongs on WHT, and it's regrettable to see the matter dragged down to this level--especially by a respected community leader.

I would encourage WHT visitors to consider the situation from both perspectives. It can be easy to attribute an almost-infallible status to the community leaders here, but even their words should be carefully scrutinized before giving them weight. Further to this, I understand that leaders have the ability to strike this post from the system should they deem it less than desirable. However it would present a rather large conflict of interest if WHT leaders were permitted to make ambiguous claims about a company, and subsequent defenses made by that company were censored. Companies are routinely forced to defend themselves against one-sided accounts posted to these forums, however the range of acceptable answers should not become limited to an unequivocal admission of incompetence simply because the issue was raised by a community leader. I'll be happy to find countless examples of company responses of this nature should my post be called into question.

I'm sure there will be responses to this post, however if someone has a legitimate concern that they would like addressed, this is not the place to do it. If, however, the objective is something other than getting a problem resolved, then you will need to decide if posting the issue to WHT will help you achieve your ultimate goal--I simply ask that readers of this thread keep that in mind...

Originally posted by Site5-Matt
    I'm sorry that this is where things wound up, and I apologize to the many readers who could care less about this situation. This really isn't an issue that belongs on WHT, and it's regrettable to see the matter dragged down to this level--especially by a respected community leader.
    Matt,

Dan just made one post regarding the response time and you brought his entire situation into this thread, maybe he didn't want all those details public. In my opinion it doesn't look too good on you.

A simple "You're issue is not related to support and will be dealt with today or tommorow" would have been more appropriate I think.
    Adnan.
    FusionRays.com
    Shared and Reseller Plans

Originally posted by fusionrays
    Matt,

Dan just made one post regarding the response time and you brought his entire situation into this thread, maybe he didn't want all those details public. In my opinion it doesn't look too good on you.

A simple "You're issue is not related to support and will be dealt with today or tommorow" would have been more appropriate I think.
    Ya I don't get it either, why did you make such a long post over nothing? Why not just remove that post as Dan was merely commenting that your managment support button needs some improving in response times and that he too was having a problem in a similar way to the user, even if its we will get back to you in a few days it wasn't a big issue, ya know?
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

* Contract canceled

Backing to the topic of that thread i just reqested to cancel my brand new contract with site5 due to horrible support, whole weekend waisted, angry consumers and first of all becouse of long, sweet and indeed eloqwent posts from managment when problems was still not solved.

But its not due to an eye infection of one of menagers that im very sorry for.

Good luck all current consumers of them, seems like you will need that in upcomming times.

And good luck site5, i still have other accounts with you.

While I agree with the two of you in your comments, sometimes you simply reach a point where the frustration just get's to you and you need to essentially vent what you're thinking. I'm sure Matt is working his butt keeping things running over there at Site5, and it is frustrating still seeing negative posts on your company, which you've poured your blood, sweat and hardwork into.

My post isn't meant to criticize Dan or stick up for Matty and Site5, I've just been in similiar experiences, and can speak from them. I'm sure Dan is in a position where he'd like his money, and Matt's in a position where he knows he's made special arrangements to satisfy an acquaintance and is trying his best to keep them satisfied.

I'm sure Site5 will battle their way through some problems, and Dan will have his cash in hand shortly.

If you remember, we offered to go out of our way to pay you via check, as you are unable to use PayPal from your country. Your stance at the time was that Site5 would be listed as an "honest host" regardless of whether we offered to make a special exception in your case and send affiliate payments via check.

So I was basically faced with the options of receiving many referrals for free or paying $55+ for each of them, and I offered, without hesitation, to go against our affiliate program policies and do whatever was required to send money to you. You first requested that we use some other third-party payment processor--we agreed and were happy to work with you on that. When that didn't work for you, we agreed to have our accountant send checks directly.

Keep in mind that our affiliate program policies clearly state that payments are made only via PayPal and that members must be able to receive payments that way in order to participate in our program. You don't meet that criterion, and yet I offered to accommodate your circumstance.
    True. I expressed my gratitude regarding that multilple times, to you and to Taylor. My way of showing that gratitude was patience. You think that I wasn't patient. I have waited for over 3 months to receive a check, and this while I had problems getting a hold of you. Communication problems don't help. ever. I have sent you customers for over 7 months and did not receive a payment yet.

As I mentioned our management team has been in a three-day meeting session, so this non-urgent matter will be dealt with later today or tomorrow. As I type this, more than half of the team members are on airplanes. Urgent issues, whether sent to management or support, are immediately reviewed by the senior team member to make sure that it's not something that can (and should) be handled by one of the people on duty. The [email protected] email autoresponder even states very clearly that it may take 48 hours to receive a response from management. Also consider that this was over a weekend and, as I mentioned, all of the management team was in meetings for all of Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    This answers my earlier question in this thread, which was all you actually had to say instead of trying to picture me like an ungrateful brat. I am mad, but not without reason. I see you were busy, but here's a fact: you failed to meet that 48 hours rough deadline. When people send management an email they are likely to do so because all else failed. You (management) failing to respond is not what they want. It is definitely not what I wanted.

I'm sorry you felt the need to chime in on this thread. As a WHT leader, part of your responsibility should be to set an example for the rest of the community by exhibiting proper community conduct. In my ever so humble opinion, chiming in here in "bandwagon fashion" and failing to provide any details of your situation (perhaps the fact that it was an affiliate issue--not a support one--which has been the focus of this thread) seems to be an attempt to make Site5 look bad in public.
    I chimed in to make it clear that emails to management are not always answered in due time. The actual issue for which I emailed you was of no importance as far as this particular thread is concerned, which is why I did not provide such details. I didn't want to hijack this thread with my issue.

We have had many conversations on IM in the past, and I have always been more than accommodating with you. All it would have taken was a friendly IM (that doesn't include the curt, demanding one you sent a couple of hours ago while I was asleep...) to ask about the status of things and I would have happily checked on it for you. After all, it is a nonstandard situation, and even though we have admittedly been unacceptably slow in getting your check sent out, I would have hoped that our willingness to go to additional trouble so that you could receive commissions on the referrals you send our way would have made you somewhat more understanding.
    In June, when my conversation with Taylor regarding the sending of the check started, I was already sending you referrals for months. I felt it was time to receive a check. We (I and Matt) did indeed chat a few times on IM. I tried to contact you when I found you to be online: "27.08.2005 02:00:51 Dan Matt Lightner Hello Matt. " You did not respond. Note the date.

Oh, and certainly don't let the fact that we published your website's URL at the very top and center of the advertisement presently appearing on the back cover of both PingZine and The Hosting Standard (over $10k worth of high-exposure hosting industry print advertising...) stop you from becoming indignant about the situation and then posting about it in a public forum...
    I was not aware of this until now. I was not "indignant about the situation". I was more than patient, nor for days, not for weeks, but for months, which I believe exactly why I failed to make you understand that you should pay me in a timely manner.

Once again--I apologize for the fact that it has taken so long for you to receive affiliate payment from us. That is not acceptable, even considering the fact that we made a special arrangement regarding payment method. I will personally ensure that your check will be sent out today (if it hasn't been already). That notwithstanding, we will not be sending you affiliate payments via check again, as it appears our willingness to accommodate your special situation has led to nothing but additional trouble for both of us. If you would like to continue participating in our affiliate program, you will need to find a way to receive payments via the standard payment channel (PayPal).
    Yes, your failure to pay me on time has caused me grief, and quite a bit of lost time (I'm writing here aren't I?). BTW, if you send me a check today, I will still be stuck with a few hundred dollars worth of referrals I have already sent to you. Not sending me that money would not be fair.

Incidentally, as someone who claims to promote objectivity and unbiased reviews, I certainly hope that an inability to participate in our affiliate program doesn't affect our status as an "honest" host.
    No, but your failure to take care of me and my needs as an affiliate, would. Even more so your choice to retaliate in this matter, after you were the one who wronged me. You failed to send me that check. After tens of emails spread over a few months Taylor specifically said I would have it in September. I sure hope he didn't mean September 2006, because it is October now.

Yes, this issue did not belong on WHT, and especially in this thread. It wasn't me, it was you who chose to dragg it all the way down to this level:

10.10.2005 20:31:53 Dan to Matt Lightner Just reread this bit: "Since you chose to go that route, I suppose that's the best place for us to go over the details of the situation." WHT is definitely not the place to handle my situation and give any details regarding it. I specifically refrained from stating anything beyond you not replying to my email. If you can explain that, feel free to do so.
    10.10.2005 20:34:42 Matt Lightner to Dan I think the time for preventing a WHT debate on the matter passed right about when you decided to jump on the bandwagon. We will continue the discussion there.
    10.10.2005 20:35:56 Dan to Matt Lightner As you wish it serves you best.
    I would encourage WHT visitors to consider the situation from both perspectives. It can be easy to attribute an almost-infallible status to the community leaders here, but even their words should be carefully scrutinized before giving them weight. Further to this, I understand that leaders have the ability to strike this post from the system should they deem it less than desirable.
    Pesonally I wish our issue would be split in a new thread so that it doesn't detract from this thread's OP issue. Yes, it should remain online as documentation of facts. I will completely refrain from modding this particular thread. Also, I am not a Leader, I am just a Liaison.

However it would present a rather large conflict of interest if WHT leaders were permitted to make ambiguous claims about a company, and subsequent defenses made by that company were censored. Companies are routinely forced to defend themselves against one-sided accounts posted to these forums, however the range of acceptable answers should not become limited to an unequivocal admission of incompetence simply because the issue was raised by a community leader. I'll be happy to find countless examples of company responses of this nature should my post be called into question.
    No comment.

I'm sure there will be responses to this post, however if someone has a legitimate concern that they would like addressed, this is not the place to do it. If, however, the objective is something other than getting a problem resolved, then you will need to decide if posting the issue to WHT will help you achieve your ultimate goal--I simply ask that readers of this thread keep that in mind...
    I did not post my issue on WHT. I only referred to you not respoding to my email send to management@. You were the one who chose to make my issue public on WHT.

I have sent over 30 emails to Taylor and got some 15 replies from him, many received after multiple attempts to get a reply. That said, he was always most understanding, but repeatedly is seems that management (specifically Todd) was holding things up, as can be seen in this email after your repeated failure to send that check made me write a very first rant:

Dan,

I apologize for the delay, and I do completely understand your position.
    Personally, I would have been ranting long ago!

Unfrotunately, I had to wait on the go ahead from Todd, and as you can
    understand with all of our server issues last week... that was just about the
    last thing on his mind.

I have gotten the OK, and your amount due and information will be sent to our
    accounting department by tomorrow as we are sending out payments today and
    tomorrow for affiliates.

Thanks again Dan, I know this has been frustrating. I will set something up with
    management to get a review ahead far ahead of your payout period so we don't
    have this happen again.

- Taylor
    That was 40 days ago.

In fact, this whole check sending process was initiated some 4 months ago. My patience is gone. Totally gone. And now I have Matt, telling me I'm abusive and (this is way too funny) unprofessional. I'm the unprofessional one when they fail to send me a check month after month.

For all to see, this is my email to management, as it details my multiple attempts to get hold of someone who could actually send that check:

Hello,

This is yet another attempt to get an answer. This time I need a _detailed_ answer!

I can't believe how much time I've wasted when things should have been sooo simple.

1. I need my affiliate check. I have been referring customers to you since the end of February. First commission in March I believe. I have over <removed for privacy reasons> in my account. I was promised a check for months. I have a special situation and Taylor agreed that I can be paid by check if we keep the checks a few months apart. I felt that as more than fair, was grateful for it, and I still am.

June passed (talking with Taylor, waiting), July passed, August passed, September passed and in these last 3 months I should have received my check. I did not. Why?

No, this is not just another paragraph. This is to emphasise: WHY? (I do require an answer this time, since you are the management and should have answers, solutions and power to make things happen.)

2. I contacted Todd about my issue. I did not receive answers to any of my emails (3 in number). After that I received an answer to a PM, telling me he was too busy that day. What about the other days? Busy again? Too busy to say "I'm busy. pls contact [email protected]?" WHY is such a thing allowed to happen? Multiple times!

3. Taylor sometimes did not respond to my emails for weeks, until I wrote to him again. He's been virtually my only link to Site5, and he's been otherwise quite nice and professional, though basically he's getting proficient at being sorry for the way things are handled. Anyway, WHY the late replies? Is this a Site5 policy of some kind reserved for affiliates? Apparently so if we carefully read the (still standing) threads in your affiliates subforum.

4. I contacted Todd by PM 2 days ago. He answered once and then failed to keep in touch with me. Apparently he didn't visit the forums since then, but he must have known he had an issue there to solve. WHY did he fail to keep in touch and give me a real answer?

5. 2 days ago, after what was probably my most aggressive email ever written, Taylor said my check was waiting for the shipping company to arrive. After that he did not reply to my emails. WHY?

6. My check was supposed to be sent via DHL. They must've picked it up by now. When is the check supposed to arrive here?

7. Out of despair today I started a thread on Site5's forums, detailing part of what happened to me. There was no foul language in it and it was posted in the right section of the board. It contained just facts and opinions. It has been removed. This irks me beyond belief. Question: WHY was my thread removed? Is this a Site5 policy? If so, WHY do you have such a (despicable IMO) policy? Remove libel, but not facts.

8. Who's at fault for all these?

9. What is being done for it to never happen again?

10. There are 9 issues to be addressed. I expected answers to all of them. They are carefully numbered, so you can't possibly miss one. Start with 1 and end with 9.

Very disappointed,

Dan Lemnaru
    WHReviews.com
    Do I sound irate? I certainly do, because Site5 slowly but surely pushed me to that point.

PS. Sorry szczym for things taking this turn. I will ask for "my" issue to be split to another thread.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 10-10-2005 at 04:07 PM.

sometimes you simply reach a point where the frustration just get's to you and you need to essentially vent what you're thinking.
    To tell you the truth, I'm way past that point. Site5 might have their issues to solve, but a check should not take months to be sent.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 10-10-2005 at 04:09 PM.

Originally posted by inogenius
    I'm sure Site5 will battle their way through some problems, and Dan will have his cash in hand shortly.
    I do agree with you and im shure in 2 weeks I will feel shame for beeing such an impatient a**hole who is a bit demolishing reputation of acctualy prity OK company (untill last weekend in my opinion).

but now im still frustraited and and and and ...

yes, i gona have a walk around shipyard, where we have workshop. take a look on pics in ouer foto archive , that is acctually hosted on site5

Originally posted by ldcdc
    To tell you the truth, I'm way past that point. Site5 might have their issues to solved, but a check should not take months to be sent.
    That's certainly understandable, and IMO it's really quite inexcusable for someone to hold a check for as long as they apparently have.

When it comes to money, I'm sure pretty much everyone out there will do what it takes to get what they've rightfully earned.

I've been with Site5 for over 3 years now and I think Site5 is having a few issues lately. To their credit though, they usually address these issues and move on.

For instance, recently there was some complaints about stats on their forum. Site5 had a configuration where the stats would only update when the servers were under a very low load. This sometimes caused stats to go days without updating. What did Site5 do? They offloaded site stats to their own server and added a link inside AWStats so that the user can update his/her stats when they want.

I've been with several hosting companies, and Site5 leads in innovation and new features that leave most companies in catch-up mode. Anyone that posts their issues here is obviously looking to degrade their reputation somehow, since everytime I use a trouble ticket or the Site5 forums, I get an answer within a few hours if not minutes.

Anyone that posts their issues here is obviously looking to degrade their reputation somehow, since everytime I use a trouble ticket or the Site5 forums, I get an answer within a few hours if not minutes.
    I totally disagree with that statement. I'm glad you're happy with Site5 and from what I can see here and on the Site5 forums, the majority of their clients are as well but that certainly doesn't mean that anyone who's dissatisfied with them for any reason and posts it on WHT is trying to degrade them.

I'm not 100% satisfied with them by any means but they're way better than my previous host. There have been several legitimate complaints about Site5 on WHT recently and most of them have been resolved by Site5 management. If all the complaints were just to degrade them as you claim, then I doubt that Matt, Todd, Beau or whoever would have wasted their time responding to them.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Lightbulb hmm

Originally posted by subnet_rx

I've been with Site5 for over 3 years now and I think Site5 is having a few issues lately. To their credit though, they usually address these issues and move on.
    Lucky you. My server (cirus) is sill slow (yesterday around 4 for few h., right now also) and the main problem, that i have mentioned on the start of that thread made me canceling the contract with them (and wasing whole weekend).

Anyone that posts their issues here is obviously looking to degrade their reputation somehow, since everytime I use a trouble ticket or the Site5 forums, I get an answer within a few hours if not minutes.
    Well, for that the WHM is, to post opinions and talk about hosting, yeah? I have my opinion about that company and im going to share it with others. Im not laying that its VERY EVIL and HORRIBLE but im saing that nova days its not good. Im not going to use them forums becouse i value varety of opinions on whm.

And im paying for support via emial, that i expect to work and help me in 15 - 30 minutes.

Understandably, Site5 needs to ramp up its operations so that they can provide support to the growing number of customers.

Leaving apart Dan's issue, it needs to be seen whether this is an one-off incident with Site5's support or if this is becoming a regular feature (i doubt so).

Let us hear the Site5 side of story before putting a blame on support. Do not forget that there are many customers who are happy with them. Maybe a passing phase in their overall growth strategy.

Re: hmm

Originally posted by szczym
    Lucky you. My server (cirus) is sill slow (yesterday around 4 for few h., right now also) and the main problem, that i have mentioned on the start of that thread made me canceling the contract with them (and wasing whole weekend).

Well, for that the WHM is, to post opinions and talk about hosting, yeah? I have my opinion about that company and im going to share it with others. Im not laying that its VERY EVIL and HORRIBLE but im saing that nova days its not good. Im not going to use them forums becouse i value varety of opinions on whm.

And im paying for support via emial, that i expect to work and help me in 15 - 30 minutes.
    Well, I guess I've just been around too long. I don't expect support in 15-30 minutes even though I usually get it. Not to mention that no problem I've ever had with Site5 cost me sales. It's usually something that I did. If, for instance, they violated the uptime agreement, then I might have something to complain about because I'm losing customers, but I certainly wouldn't bring a review here until I have cancelled my account with them. Anyone who runs a business knows there will be problems from time to time as a result of more growth and more business.

Wow, the Site5 guys are all over this eventhough this isn't their tech support forum! Kudos Matt for running a tight ship...
    Omar

its a shame they spend so much time here and not enough time actually responding directly to their clients. 1 week now, no response, multiple emails.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast