Trying to remotely connect to mysql database.

I created a user and database and added the user to the database in cpanel.

I am now trying to connect to this database from another server, but it says

Step 2) Connect to the database

Attempting to attach to database

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

The values are set correctely. How do I fix this?

I am guessing that mysql defualty responds to the 3306 port correct? I added that port to apf inbound ports both TCP and UDP but it doesnt' do anything. How do I fix this?

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.
    That looks like the key, I am sure int he config it says localhost or 127.0.0.1 see if you can add the IP you are trying to connect from
    Regards,
    Randy
    Okie Net Web Hosting

You're going to need to add that mysql host into your account configuration. If you're using xskin, you should see something like the attached image in your mysql section, right below the "users" specification.

Simply add the hostname, or ip address, and it should work.

You should also see if you can telnet to your server on port 3306 to see if you recieve a message like:

Code:
     4.0.25-standardΣxvi*2\Y*☻
    If you do, that means remote authentication is possible. If you don't, some firewall is blocking the connection.

Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mysqlaccesshost.gif  

MUCH Appreciated.

Added the ip to the access host, and then had to readd the user to the database but it works now~!!

Thank you guys SO much~!