MySql error what to do

i am getting this error too often

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Too many connections (Line: 120 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

mySQL error: mySQL error code: Date: Saturday 08th of October 2005 12:45:39 PM

my server config >>
    Hardware: AMD 3000+ Barton/1024MB/80GB
    Control Panel: plesk

in total i have 5 sites running but only two have traffic
    all of them are forums except one which is image hosting site wiht only about 1000-1500 page views a day
    one forums is http://www.desisensation.com this is the one wiht a bit of traffic it has some times about 100-110 users online (15mins stats)

so am i expecting too much form the server and i should get a better box
    or is there something we can do to stop this mysql error which comes up when ever online users exceed 120-130
    to prevent it temperorarily i have taken the shout box off and turned search off aswell

some one suggested there is some default max user limit set and needs to be changed

some one plz help as i am all set to launch a very nice forum and just waiting for this problem to get sorted some how

Hi,

Checkout the setup in your my.cnf file. You can set max_connections and max_user_connections in there.
    Regards,
    Jason
    CTO - Touch Support, Inc.
    http://www.touchsupport.com

Quote Originally Posted by TSJason
    Hi,

Checkout the setup in your my.cnf file. You can set max_connections and max_user_connections in there.

thanks for your reply thats what i did after a bit of research but the problem still persisted and had to throw in another gb of RAM its all fine now