Question Hey!!

I own a new webhosting company, but i am failing to advertise my business because at the moment i do not have sufficient money to give cheap hosting and get advertising... Can anyone help me get started?? give me tips and all that? please?

thanks,
    alex

Welcome to WHT. I'll add that webhosting is not such a good thing to get into, alot of competetion. You will need to give cheap plans but fairly expensive at the same time, just to get people coming to your site and being intrested.
    http://www.viperhosting.net
    ViperHosting 2005. The new generation "Excellence doesn't have to be expensive"

Hello Alex:

Welcome to WHT.

If you are unable to throw a lot of money at (online) advertising, I would strongly recommend that you look at your local market to build up a customer base. Plenty of ways to do that for cheap or free. I suggest you do some reading in http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...p?s=&forumid=6 . Plenty of threads addressing your question.

BTW, this thread does not belong in the Lounge. You may want to email the mods to move it to a more appropriate forum.

Good luck with your business.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

WOM ... (no I'm not chinese) ... word of mouth, is the best way to get started.

Have a search around these forums if you've got some specific questions to ask, as the one you've asked is a little vauge!

I will second that web hosting isn't a good business to get into, it's hard work for little reward, unless you're doing something different to the norm.

If you do not have much money for advertising there are still plenty of options. Forum signatures can be a great marketing tool. Spend time in forums. Make regular postings - do not SPAM. Only let your signature speak for your business. SEO. Optimize your site for search engines to get better results from the same. Ask friends and family to help promoting your business with word of mouth advertising. Be fanatic about support and encourage customers to recommend your services. Write articles and publish them. The "Author's Bio" piece can contain a link to your site. There is much more you can do ....

Christoph
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

You can try findmyhosting, they charge you only when a customer orders your service.

Thanks

Thanks a lot guyz
    i know the question was a bit vague but at least you helped me!!

thanks,
    alex