Thread: Oh God, Wow.

Oh God, Wow.

http://media.putfile.com/cop_killed

Wow, I don't know what to think of this. I don't know how someone can stoop so low as to kill a cop, or anyone for that matter.

PLEASE NOTE:

INSTENSE SHOOTOUT, VULGAR LANGUAGE AND DEATH (DEATH NOT ON CAMERA)

I've seen this before. Messed up.

What's wrong with that cop? Why didn't he shoot?

Originally posted by Skeptical
    What's wrong with that cop? Why didn't he shoot?
    Exactly my thoughts. While I am actually against the gun culture in America, the officer gave too many requests for compliance and not enough physical force to back them up. When the man pulled a gun, he should've just shot him. No question.
    Regards,
    Stephen Marsh

UrbanServers.com - Premium UK SSD Virtual Servers

The cop was obviously a non violant person and sadly that cost him his life.
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

I am speechless; this is such a horrible incidence. I can not believe what goes on in today’s society.

The cop did shoot. If you watch closely, you can tell the cop was on the right side of his car, which is why he didnt have a clear shot to the guy. Watch when the shootout starts, you will see the driver side truck door window shatter from the cops gun.

As soon as the cop saw the gun, he went behind his patrol car around to the right side so he could have better shielding with his door and engine compartment. While he was reloading, the guy came up and wounded him. Then the cop goes back around his patrol car to the driver side, probably in attempt to get away.

While it's sad to see, the cop didnt die because he didnt shoot back. He died because he panicked. Being that both the patrol car and the truck was between them both, the cop should have laid down and shot the guy in the ankle/calves where there was a clear shot.

In all the shootouts I see between cops and bad guys, the cops always seem to try and shoot "thru" the vehicle instead of under it. You might not kill the guy, but he will be in a load of pain and not able to come to you with his gun.

All in all, I hope they caught this guy and I hope it was in a death sentence state.

Originally posted by Webdude

While it's sad to see, the cop didnt die because he didnt shoot back. He died because he panicked. Being that both the patrol car and the truck was between them both, the cop should have laid down and shot the guy in the ankle/calves where there was a clear shot.

Gosh what a load of bull, You watch to much TV.........

Originally posted by phill2003
    Gosh what a load of bull, You watch to much TV.........
    Really? I dont see people doing that on TV. I see them shooting the car, and the car blowing up...

The cop was obviously a non violant person and sadly that cost him his life.
    Indeed, it's tragic. It seems though that "none violent" and "american police offer" do not mix terribly well.

The cop did shoot.
    He did, but sadly it was too little, too late. The minute he pulled a gun, he should've opened fire.
    Regards,
    Stephen Marsh

Sick.

There's a memorial page for the cop at http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=15034.

Suspect Info: Sentenced to death
    Regards,
    Stephen Marsh

In all the shootouts I see between cops and bad guys, the cops always seem to try and shoot "thru" the vehicle instead of under it. You might not kill the guy, but he will be in a load of pain and not able to come to you with his gun.
    I think that might have a decent chance of working with a shotgun, but a low chance of success with a handgun. The feet and ankles present a pretty small moving target.

I didn't want to reply earlier, after watching the video. It's really sad. My heart goes out to his wife and children (the son will never know his father).
    With hindsight of course the officer would have made different decisions, but when you're there and it's happening to you, you often don't act the way you think you would.

Where did you learn to shoot? Not even a sniper with a scoped long gun would try an asinine shot like that. Maybe, just maybe, if you had a shotgun and it was your last choice, you might try a shot like that.

Sadly for the police things like this are a no win scenerio. Had he opened fire sooner, people would be upset at the "police brutality". Surely someone that watches way too much TV or movies would come out and say, "he didn't have to kill him", he should have shot him in the wrist to make him drop the gun.
    Last edited by trau; 10-08-2005 at 06:49 PM.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Originally posted by trau
    Where did you learn to shoot? Not even a sniper with a scoped long gun would try an asinine shot like that. Maybe, just maybe, if you had a shotgun and it was your last choice, you might try a shot like that.
    I remember seeing a video where a sniper shot the pistol out of a guy's hand. From 30 yards I can shoot the red cap off a plastic coke bottle.

Even with a pistol, his distance wasnt an impossible shot since the guy stood in the same spot for several minutes. I'm not knocking the cop anymore than you are. I say he should have shot at the ankles and you say he should have shot sooner. Either one could have saved his life.... possibly, that depends on how good of a shot he is. I agree he should have shot sooner, as soon as he saw the gun. The point you all are missing is that he would have stood a better chance at hitting the guy in the ankles rather than trying to shoot around the truck.

I'm a good shot. I can hit a running rabbit with a .22 pistol. I seriously dont think I'm assuming too much to think a cop could shoot a guy in the ankles at 20 feet with a pistol. In my mind, I think anyone that knows how to at least get a close aim could do it. At the very least, the guy would have jumped in the truck and took off if bullets were coming at him from under the truck as not only would he be afraid of actually getting hit in a part not protected by the truck, but he may also have been afraid the gas tank would get hit and explode (if empty it might, if full it wouldnt since it's the vapors that are explosive/flammable not the liquid)

I'm not critisizing the cop. I just wish he'd been more progressive. This guy was cold blooded. You can tell the cop was already hit, and the guy went back to make sure he was dead, and shot him more. It takes a purely cold person to do that to someone who has done absolutely nothing to you. I wonder what the guy was running from, or doing, to put himself in that frame of mind....

You think the crook would have stood still if the cop went under the car? Come on it was heat of the moment. It's not easy to aim and concentrate when the guy is shooting back at you with a more powerful gun.

hm.... sad to see. Though I think COPS have the short end of the stick. I think the cop should have shot instantly when seeing the gun, instead of asking him to put it down. Shoot him in the leg or something. (thought they had beanie guns too.... I know around here they carry two guns, one has bean bag type things the other live ammo.... bean bag ones are meant to disable the crooks)

Sentenced to death makes me feel like there was some sort of justice, but it still leaves someone w/o a grandpa a kid without a dad and a mother without her husband.

*sigh* If he had shot he would have been dismissed from the police force and sued most likely. Just terrible. Glad i live where I do.

Hindsight is always 20/20. The cop did what he felt at the time. Fear is natual. Panic is natural. A real situation is felt differently from a training course.

BTW, IMO the death penalty is too mild of a punishment.

Originally posted by trau

Sadly for the police things like this are a no win scenerio. Had he opened fire sooner, people would be upset at the "police brutality". Surely someone that watches way too much TV or movies would come out and say, "he didn't have to kill him", he should have shot him in the wrist to make him drop the gun.
    I was thinking the same exact thing, I think Webby's been playing to much Half-Life 2 and not spending enough time in reality.

If you have ever been to a shooting range, a shooting class or anyone that knows how to shoot. First they are going to give you a safety overview (actually this is usually done before you reach the range but *shrug*). Then when you go to actually shoot they will tell you to aim for center mass because when you do that you have the greatest odds of hiting someone. You don't aim for the head, arms, legs, groin, etc. You aim for the chest, you don't shoot to wound you shoot to kill.

I think this cop did the best he could and he should have shot the guy as soon as he saw the gun the first time. You can't blame him, if you have ever had a gun pulled on you (I have) you'll know how scared and panicked you can get, until then please shutup about what people should do when they have a gun pointed at them. Whoever that guy was deserved more then the death penalty.

Originally posted by RossH
    I was thinking the same exact thing, I think Webby's been playing to much Half-Life 2 and not spending enough time in reality.

If you have ever been to a shooting range, a shooting class or anyone that knows how to shoot. First they are going to give you a safety overview (actually this is usually done before you reach the range but *shrug*). Then when you go to actually shoot they will tell you to aim for center mass because when you do that you have the greatest odds of hiting someone. You don't aim for the head, arms, legs, groin, etc. You aim for the chest, you don't shoot to wound you shoot to kill.

I think this cop did the best he could and he should have shot the guy as soon as he saw the gun the first time. You can't blame him, if you have ever had a gun pulled on you (I have) you'll know how scared and panicked you can get, until then please shutup about what people should do when they have a gun pointed at them. Whoever that guy was deserved more then the death penalty.
    First, I dont play half-life. The only games I play are Halo2 and C&C-ZH. Second, I have had guns pulled on me, and I have taken guns from people. Third, and maybe I will put this on video tape, I can hit a running rabbit with a pistol and can hit the cap off a coke bottle from 30 yards. Granted the cap one takes a little more aim, but I have proven it to people in person quite a number of times.

Next, the cop didnt have a shot to the mass. The guy had the truck bed between him and the cop. He had only two shots. The ankles, or the head when the guy would pop his head up to look. Point being, the best shot the cop had was the ankles. So while you all say it's rediculous, it is the best shot he had since he "didnt" shoot as soon as he saw the guy's gun. I mean really, it's not like he had a chance in hell of shooting "thru" the truck and hitting the guy. Maybe you all should look at the video again and see what options the cop had once he was on the run from the guy. You will see the ankles would have been his best best.

1) Cop didnt shoot when he saw the guy.
    2) Guy puts cop on defensive.
    3) Truck bed and patrol car engine compartment are between the cop and guy.

Now consider what options the cop had. The guy had a hunting rifle, probably shot the cop "thru" the cops passenger door where cop was shielding himself. Cop doesnt have such a powerful gun. At this point, what is his next best option? Seems to me, there was nothing to protect the man's ankles from a bullet, and if the cop had succeeded in doing that, the man couldnt have walked over and finished killing the cop.

While I dont get to hunt much often anymore, I still target practice almost every day. A difficult shot is when a toy plane gets caught in the tree, and I shoot the then limb waving in the wind that it is hung on in order to get it down from the top of the tree. (See? guns come in handy for lots of things ), so dont tell me the cop couldnt have shot the guy in the ankles had he thought of it..... which I wish he had.

Guys like that deserve worse than a humane state death penalty. They need to take him to the desert, stuff plastic explosive up his arse, shoot at his feet to make him run, and let the cop's wife thumb the explosion trigger remote.

At first I didn't believe this was real or not, but after seeing the memorial it is a bit more believable.

When I watched it, the cam didnt move at all, and i *HEARD* gunfire, but i did not see any, and i did not see anyone limping or hurt or anything. Did i somehow see a different video?
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Originally posted by Lord
    When I watched it, the cam didnt move at all, and i *HEARD* gunfire, but i did not see any, and i did not see anyone limping or hurt or anything. Did i somehow see a different video?
    The camera is mounted on the dashboard of the car. The cop was standing next to the passenger door for protection so you don't see him when he get's shot. More than likely that awful scream you hear there at the end of the video is moments before he took a bullet through his head.

I've seen that video before and it's pretty sad...

The guy should've shot him when he went back into his truck to get something.

If That was me, I would've shot the hell out of him while he was dancing just for being a f'in idiot.