Incognito Networks Feedback

I was with MechHosting and was very happy with their support and uptime, but they were recently acquired by incognito and its been a mess ever since they took over. There has been more downtime in the past 2 days then I had for 9 months with mechhosting.

I know nothing about these guys since I didn't actually choose to be hosted by them. But I do get to choose whether I want to stay, and am interested in peoples feedback. Is it worth putting up with these long outages? Is this just an off few weeks for them and they are normally great? Any comments would be appreciated.

edit: Im an idiot, wrong forum. Im use to being in here because of my dedicated servers and forgot my incognito account was a reseller. sorry mods
    Last edited by Rivux; 10-07-2005 at 07:12 PM.

Has your new host mentioned what the outages were for?

k I cant edit my post cuz its been too long, but Im an idiot, wrong forum. Im use to being in here because of my dedicated servers and forgot my incognito account was a reseller. sorry mods

As for the reason, they say its because a user is using up too many mysql resources and crashing the server. They said they would monitor it, and kick off anyone who abuses the system. Which is an understandable situation, the first time it happened two weeks ago. Not the dozen times it has happened since then, that is when it gets unacceptable. Which is why I was wondering about my new host and if this is a common thing or they are just having some intergration issues.

Why haven't they tried moving the user to another shared server with less clients? Something like this could be resolved within minutes. Good luck with them

I don't know, the problem occured again earlier tonite. Ive emailed them asking why it hasn't been fixed and hopefully I will get a suitable response.

well..I was with incognitonetworks until 2 months ago and I was happy with their service, tho their support can be a little slow (but I wasn't paying too much so i think its fair at certain point), they always solved issues and uptimes was good. If you wonder why i moved, it had nothing to do with them

It has happened again, with still no response from the last 2 times it occured. I signed up with resellerzoom yesterday and will start moving sites over right away. What a shame though, such great hosting until these amateurs take over.

I've been hosting with incognitonetworks for over a year now with good results. Any outages have been measured in minutes. The best way to get resolution is from them is to use their helpdesk ticket submission. I am concerned a bit that their growth will certainly increase the tech support load and wonder if their infastructure can handle it. The owner used to be an active poster but don't see him around as of late. I always feel more comfortable when a host is also an active participant of this forum. Hope to see incognitonetworks active again and addressing some of the concerns like yours.

Got a response back

"The MySQL issues with the Mech Hosting server deal with a certain Mech Hosting client continually creating faulty PHP scripts that flood our MySQL server, causing it to crash. The client has had their MySQL priviledges revoked."

In the past they said they would monitor it, but this is the first time they said they have yanked his mysql rights, which will hopefully fix the problems. Just wish it hadn't taken them 3 weeks to resolve the problem.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them, hopefully you will be happier with ResellerZoom. Be sure to post a review on them in a few months, best of luck
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 10-13-2005 at 06:17 AM.