Mail Being Rejected

Hi all,

All email sent from my dedicated server is being rejected by ALL recipients servers.

What could be causing this?

Additionally, this only started happening as soon as I transferred to a new server.

The domain in question at the moment is www.neoplanet.co.uk.

Regards
    Craig

this could be a clue

WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then the host name). This probably won't cause any harm, but is a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and RFC2821 4.3.1). Note that the hostname given in the SMTP greeting should have an A record pointing back to the same server.

neoplanet.co.uk claims to be host saturn.neoplanet-hosting.com [but that host is at 204.13.68.18, not 204.13.71.68].

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsrep...eoplanet.co.uk

Also

Your IP address is listed at spamhause and Spews as is 204.13.71.68

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=204.13.68.18
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

how can i fix these problems? this is a new server for me so the ip must have been used for spam previously. currenty being host at enhanced blue and have had only problems since joining.

Looking up your IP it looks like your server is hosted at AKANOC, and akanoc.com is hosted by managed.com

Managed.com has a whole bunch of Spamhaus listings, including some ROKSO spammers, as well as IP space in SPEWS, bad news especially if you intend to be sending emails.

I don't think you'll have much luck fixing this problem while on their network.

Hi!

Normally each Black List Provider has a form to be removed. So you’ll have to find who black list your ip and be remove from them. To find witch RBL (Reay Black List) you’re in, try this site:

openrbl.org

This site is VERY helpful.

Karl

Originally posted by iNovoHost
    Hi!

Normally each Black List Provider has a form to be removed. So you’ll have to find who black list your ip and be remove from them. To find witch RBL (Reay Black List) you’re in, try this site:

openrbl.org

This site is VERY helpful.

Karl
    But the ISP needs to do that, and managed.com shows a pattern of ignoring the blacklists.

Thanks for the replies.

My host has stated that they will move me to a new list of IP's, so hopefully this will resolve the matter.

All has gone silent at my host with regards to the IP transfer.

I may start looking around for an alternative host, and if need be, start proceedings to get a refund as they have provided a service that is not fit for the purpose.

go to the site www dot dnsreport dot com <------- It's your friend..

--paul

(Sorry had to spell domain out.. Can't post URLs

Originally posted by Take-IT-EZZI
    You need to contact your ISP, the SPEWS listing is bad news...

If they can't supply you with clean IP space you might consider a change of hosts...
    One thing to note about SPPEWS is that they block huge swaths of IP space. Their "zero tollorance" really is absolute zero. Rather than list a small IP range because of a few spammers that aren't moved on by a large provider they list the providers whole set of IP ranges to "encourage" them to be less spam friendly.

I won't start the discussion of wether this is a good or a bad thing (you'll find of threads-o-pleny about that on WHT and many other places) but:

What this means (1):
    Unless (in your case) managed.com changes the behaviour that their range is listed fo (i.e. consistently responds better to demands from SPEWS that spammers be taken down).

What this means(2):
    Unless you are blocking to make a statement to top-level hosts/data-centres rather than to stop the spam coming in, especially if you are running a business that relies on getting incoming email from potential customers, you should never block purely on the basis of a SPEWS listing. Beacuse of it's broad-brish it is best used as an indicator that a problem may exist, not a statement that such a problem definietly does exist.

What this means(3):
    Most ISPs and other providers agree with (2), and use SPEWS as circumstansial eveidence, not proof. For example SpamAssasin or similar measures to filter incoming mail will be set to consider SPEWS, but with a low-to-middle scoring so it takes further bits of evidence (the word v1agra in the message, the messages being HTML-only, the messages has links to known-bad URLs, etc.) to push mails into the spam-bin.

What this means(4):
    If you are on SPEWS2 and not other lists (inc. SPEWS1 does not have as broad a brush) then you are safe-ish but may wish to reconsider your hosting arrangement if you do have a problem with people blocking your mail or traffic PURELY on the basis of a SPEWS2 listing, because getting off SPEWS is not easy (nor possible?) for the end-user who owns a single dedicated server.