Exclamation Canaca Internal Server Error Issue

There has been a problem with my canaca hosting ever since I've had it, it's an Internet Server Error Page that randomly is generated as your browsing the site. I believe it has to do with their mysql, just posting this to give a head's up to any customers that were thinking of running any kind of mysql/php based like, like with forums...etc

Also, does anyone know a reliable shared hosting company, that has updated servers, and at a good price?

Abraham

Posted on 18 Sep 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name: Abraham

I have been continually receiving this error: "Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Please contact the server administrator, _emailaddrress_ and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.More information about this error may be available in the server error log.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Apache/2.0.50 (Fedora) Server at _mysiteurl_Port 80" throughout the time I've been a customer here at canaca, randomly throughout viwing my site, no matter where, it will ranomly show up. I think I brought this up a time before and I was told it was probly something to do with my database, well I've created another new database and did a new installation...etc and still receive the same error showing up on my website randomly from the server... What's going on?

Abraham

Posted on 18 Sep 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a (500 Internet SErver Error)

---Canaca---

Posted on 19 Sep 2005

Hello

Would you please let us know the exact link that you encountered this error.

Thanks,

Abraham

Posted on 19 Sep 2005

The thing is... it doesn't appear on any page inparticularly, it happens all over the site randomly, and a few times a day.

Abraham

Posted on 19 Sep 2005

^ that was in response to the email that I got that read "Hello

Would you please let us know the exact link that you encountered this error.
    "

Canaca Inc..

Posted on 19 Sep 2005

We made some changes, Please check it again.

Abraham

Posted on 19 Sep 2005

I still received the same random error again

Abraham

Posted on 22 Sep 2005

The Issue is still continuing to this day, and just happend about a minute ago, is this issue being worked on?

-Canaca-Inc.

Posted on 28 Sep 2005

We browsed many pages of your website and there was no error, please let us know if you encounter it again.
    Thank you.

Abraham

Posted on 28 Sep 2005

I just encountered it again a minute ago.

Abraham

Posted on 28 Sep 2005

I'd also like to know when my next billing cycle is please.

-Canaca-Inc.

Posted on 29 Sep 2005

Your account next due is 2005-12-25 and also we made some changes on your account that will eliminate those errors.
    Thank you.

Abraham

Posted on 29 Sep 2005

thanks, but you put my account in safe mode, now I can't even access my homepage without receiving a generated error "Warning: chdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 634 is not allowed to access /home owned by uid 0 in /home/virtual/site128/fst/var/www/html/index.php on line 22

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./global.php in /home/virtual/site128/fst/var/www/html/index.php on line 33

Warning: main(./global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site128/fst/var/www/html/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site128/fst/var/www/html/index.php on line 33
    "

Abraham

Posted on 29 Sep 2005

My home page will not showup at all, just a generated error, I need this fixed as soon as possible.

-Canaca-Inc.

Posted on 29 Sep 2005

So sorry, it is Ok now.

Abraham

Posted on 05 Oct 2005

Thanks, The homepage is showing again, but I'm still receiving the internal server error pages, randomly.

I believe this random "500 Internet SErver Error" issue has been mentioned before by a Canaca customer, here on this forum. Hearing about it again is not particularly encouraging.

May we know the site that you have with Canaca?

AudioDynasty.com

Are you using a script or is the error showing up on normal html pages?

Could be an issue with your script permission settings, or could be an issue with their server. Best of luck with getting your issue resolved, if this is causing your website to be down often, your best option would be to switch to a more reliable host.

Best of luck

basically what's happening is that randomly on any mysql/php site it shows up an internet server error, I doubt it's from the script, because this has been a problem ever since I've had server with canaca, and the script is not known for any problems like this. But yeah I wanna more reliable host, I need a host that has alota resources for its shared accounts, I'm looking to spend about $10 a month or less lol

Hi aJiSThe1,

When you say alot of resources, can you be more specific? Your budget seems to be in line to find a good reliable host for your website but purchase on what you actually need and not what looks like a to good to be true deal and you will usually find a good dependable host.

Make sure that you choose a host that offers you a solid guarantee so that you can upload your site and make sure that it is working the way you expect it to.

It is not allowed for hosts to make offers on this forum except in the designated area here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd....php?forumid=4

Good luck on finding a new home for your website

Originally posted by WindyCity
    Hi aJiSThe1,

When you say alot of resources, can you be more specific? Your budget seems to be in line to find a good reliable host for your website but purchase on what you actually need and not what looks like a to good to be true deal and you will usually find a good dependable host.

Make sure that you choose a host that offers you a solid guarantee so that you can upload your site and make sure that it is working the way you expect it to.

It is not allowed for hosts to make offers on this forum except in the designated area here

Good luck on finding a new home for your website
    I was thinking of going with lunar pages, but since I signed up for google adsense, I think enough income will be comming in to get a dedicated in not too long. Any suggestions on some good shared hosts, that have been known to be able to how big vbulletin cummunities with cosiderable space and bandwidth for around the costs of $15 a month?

The above problem arises from a limitation set on cpu time or memory, I\'ve seen this multiple times with at least four different hosts, some of them quickly resolve the problem and some of them don\'t. My advise is to contact them and say a friend of mine believes you\'ve set hard limits on resource usage, since the errors appear randomly, if they appeared all the time, you\'d say the problem is permissions, shebang or sth like that.

In fact in all cases that I\'ve seen such random errors, the problem had been what I mentioned.

I was thinking of moving on to a VPS once my hosting with canaca expires in december, since they don't seem to fix this problem. Any advice on some VPS around the price of $30? for vbulletin based site, expected to have around 3,000 members, and and let's say maybe aroudn 50 active users at a time. or would I need a dedicated? and if so, any Recommended dedicateded servers, that would be able to support that at a good price?