Copyright Question

if there is an image on a site and that image has been copyrighted protected for the year's 2000-2007 that would mean you could not steal or copy that image. well what about an image which still has it's copyright saying 2004 and it's 2005 would that be alright to copy it? in my mind i am thinking yes as the year is not 2004 it is 2005 and in 3 months the year 2006 so in away that image is no longer copyrighted?

please i like the image alot and i want to have it, so in your opinion is it alright to copy it?
      0 Not allowed!

If you like the image soo much why don't you contact the owner and ask his permission to get the image?
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you
      0 Not allowed!

No. The year in a copyright notice refers to the date of first publication, not an "expiration date" for the copyright.
      0 Not allowed!

The image is always copyright and the property of the owner.

The copyright notice is not even necessary.

If you want the image take D1esel's advice and contact the owner for permission.
      0 Not allowed!

For some content/media, if you wait long enough you can use it within the rights of public domain.

Generally, you have to wait 85 years after the initial publication, and during that time, copyrights can be renewed once if passed onto a second owner.

But they're doing some pretty awesome things in the medical world nowadays. You might just be able to tough it out!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design
      0 Not allowed!

What is the image btw? mind showing us?
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you
      0 Not allowed!

To summarize:

It does not matter what the copyright "notice" says. It doesn't matter if it says 1834 or 2006 or 1988. The copyright notice is just a notice, and doesn't mean anything at all.

The image is copyrighted even without a notice, and you may not copy or use the image without permission. Period. Doesn't matter what date it has on it.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!
      0 Not allowed!

You don't need to apply for copyright - you automatically inherit it when you create something. Therefore they are just putting it there to ensure they have their stamp on it and so you know it is an original work.
      0 Not allowed!

Read this thread if you're curious why the original poster is asking this question. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=449431

Or just compare canaca.com to his homepage
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by CTG
    Read this thread if you're curious why the original poster is asking this question. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=449431

Or just compare canaca.com to his homepage
    Oh, wow!

It doesn't get much more illegal than that!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design
      0 Not allowed!

Just for the record.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rip.jpg  
      0 Not allowed!

Just for the record, Pt. II.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rip2.jpg  
      0 Not allowed!